Inactive Topic Farming Village Mood Lifting :)

Varun

Strategos
Proposal:
To increase the mood of farming village through City festival, Victory Procession or Divine favour

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes. It is quite a unique idea, I'm afraid.

Reason:
It become hard for managing the farming village because of their mood problems. Also, the quests have certain mood lowering spells. So, it would be better if we could lift their moods a little.

Details:

The details are quite simple.

You can increase the mood of a farming village only twice a day, by 20% through :

A. Victory Procession: One victory procession will guarantee only one increase. i.e. 20%
B. City Festival: One city festival will guarantee only one increase. i.e. 20%
C. Divine Uplifting: Sacrifice 150 favour from any god to increase mood by 20%

I wanted to add Theater Plays too but hardly anyone uses them.

Visual Aids:

Working on it. :)

Balance:

Well, it will certainly involve balance since it affects gameplay a lot. But seriously, the Idea balances itself out pretty well. Here's how.

1. Victory Processions, City Festival and favour don't come easily. That's Balance No. 1
2. This can be done only twice a day.
3. This can be done only when the mood of the farming village sinks lower than 50%
4. This cannot be done when the farming village has gone on revolt.
5. This cannot be done when a quest involving the mood of the farming village is involved in that city.

Summary:
Basically, it's just to increase resource gathering from farming villages through some difficult ways since they are as integrated in gaming as gathering CP's and Cultural Levels.

Do feel free to comment and improve :)

DeletedUser5819

I like this a lot. I would actually be more generous with how often it could be done so long as the method was different (ie limit favor to twice a day) and also allow theatre (but not Olympic games).

Varun

Strategos
i like alot, though i doubt i would waste favor on it.

Well, it's not a waste considering you farm's mood. If you are in WW phase, then farm villages mood becomes pretty important since if you lose control over any one of the village, that particular WW Level build-up is stopped. :)

Varun

Strategos
I actually suggested this before, and can be found here:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?36794-Farm-Mood-Increase

I suggested resources instead of divine favour, processions, etc, but still is the same principle.

I was planning on resources too, but I figured that there would be too much abuse and too much advantage for players with bigger cities. However, Victory Processions, Plays, Festivals and favour are hard to get for every player. For smaller players, it is hard since their temples won't be that built-up and they won't get a lot of BP immediately. As for the larger players, they'll need the favour to stop attacks or to spy on them or to increase resource procession and also, they too don't get that much BP immediately due to a barrage of attacks, defense, support and basically the stuff.

And once the world goes to WW stage, then the significance of this idea increases hundredfold since one of the main essentials of building a WW is to have control on all the 6 farming villages. If you lose even one the building process is stopped and restarted. Also, th farming villages need to be on Level 6, so if you lose one of them then regaining them back is gonna be pretty tough due to the quality and quantity of revolting troops. You cannot spare that kind of manpower in the early stages of WW where everyone attacks everyone to grab islands and disrupt islands. :p

Sorry for the long speech. :d

DeletedUser27700

I think the ideas are different enough to have them both around. Or if you guys like I can merge the two ideas into one, where you can use either/or to increase mood.
Up to you

Varun

Strategos
I think the ideas are different enough to have them both around. Or if you guys like I can merge the two ideas into one, where you can use either/or to increase mood.
Up to you

Well, I dunno. At this point, I would prefer to keep them separate. If both fly good, then we can merge 'em.

What do you say, pebble?

DeletedUser

Well, it's not a waste considering you farm's mood. If you are in WW phase, then farm villages mood becomes pretty important since if you lose control over any one of the village, that particular WW Level build-up is stopped. :)

just don't loot under 80% mood.

Varun

Strategos
just don't loot under 80% mood.

That's a very deep thought......

However, you cannot play safe always. Suppose, you need the resources urgently, say around 200 rock within a minute, then would you ask for a trade or loot a farming village. :/

DeletedUser42857

A. Victory Procession: One victory procession will guarantee only one increase. i.e. 20%

Victory processions come pretty easy. One decent battle, 3 or 4 victory processions. So as well as reaping the battle points for attacking, and any resources you also then get to loot your villages. Favours bigger players too heavily, it would basically give the large players freedom to loot their villages on a daily basis.

No from me. effects things too much.

DeletedUser42857

That's a very deep thought......

However, you cannot play safe always. Suppose, you need the resources urgently, say around 200 rock within a minute, then would you ask for a trade or loot a farming village. :/

Id either use one of the gods to gift me 200, transfer it from another city, do a quick trade in a farming village. I wouldnt loot a village for 200 rock.

DeletedUser8396

Up to you

Well, I dunno. At this point, I would prefer to keep them separate. If both fly good, then we can merge 'em.

What do you say, pebble?

I honestly don't see how they are all-that-different. The only difference is what we used to lift the mood, and he added different limits.

Mine already went to voting and is in revote discussions, so I'd do this:

• See if the general consensus wants resources to be an option to raise the mood
  • If they do, then combine the two ideas. If not, then let Varun's go to voting
  • Compromise on what limitations there should be, if we do combine the two.

For the moment, I'm fine keeping them separate (as long as we discuss the possibility of adding in resources as a possibility).

Varun

Strategos
I honestly don't see how they are all-that-different. The only difference is what we used to lift the mood, and he added different limits.

Mine already went to voting and is in revote discussions, so I'd do this:

• See if the general consensus wants resources to be an option to raise the mood
  • If they do, then combine the two ideas. If not, then let Varun's go to voting
  • Compromise on what limitations there should be, if we do combine the two.

For the moment, I'm fine keeping them separate (as long as we discuss the possibility of adding in resources as a possibility).

Well, we both are in agreement, then. Are you fine with this, Icedragon? :)

Varun

Strategos
Guys, 217 views but around 20 replies, that makes around 10%. It does not take much long to post, you know :)