Wiki_Guide Figtree2's Guide to Grepolis (Section One)

antz2013

Phrourach
Nope, I don't like this guide at all. It's confusing (as it's really long and tiring to read it all) and it contains info which can be found on the wiki in the way more better manner. You should focus on improving the dedicated official pages of that topics as there are many general (no personal tactics) details could be added. Or you could write smthing only about 1 topic.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... Personally, I appreciate any experienced player who is willing to put their thoughts to "paper" and make an effort to contribute to the Grepolis Community, especially for new players.

I also strongly disagree that a player should choose units in his city according to resource balance on that island. It's incredibly stupid, I'm sorry. These players are always quite easy targets. You should make a decision about your units only according to the position of that city, right? It's highly important to trade resources between own cities if you want to play efficiently. Otherwise you'll be still a poor player... even though your build points are in average (just cuz your high activity).

Again you are entitled to your opinion based on your play style. Personally if I have the option, I will take the island resources into consideration. If I can pump out a few extra units with efficient use of resources, then so much the better but that is my play style. Frequently for me is a hybrid between island resources availability and my operational requirements.

So, don't waste a time on writing information which are already provided and focus on improving them. Also don't advise which strategy they should choose, just show them all possible opportunities in ordinary cases which can happen, eventually their pros and cons.

To some degree I agree with you on this, however ultimately every player needs to determine what strategies and tactics work for them based on their individual player style. Not everyone is cut out to be attackers, just like not everyone are super defenders... or builders... or traders... Some may put the others down however they all have a role to play in a balanced alliance, again that is my opinion. If Fig exposes them to specific strategies that is his prerogative as he is the author of this guide. Whether any other player uses them... that's up to them.

Finally Figtree obviously put a lot of work into this. If it needs editing, then it needs editing. Your approach to that part as also needs work. You should be making suggestions and possible corrections as opposed to what looks to be completely dismissing Fig's efforts. However If you don't like it, then you don't like it. You are entitled to your opinion.

DeletedUser21774

I like the guide. Don't understand a few parts, but I appreciate the effort.