Fire Ship+ Light Ship

DeletedUser17045

What are the effects of combining Fire Ships and Light Ships to attack a player? Does it do any significant damage or none what so ever?

-CheezeHead.

P.S This is a question from an alliance mate. :)

DeletedUser

Don't even research FS they rubbish, LS is what you want.

DeletedUser

Fire Ships are strictly defensive, they will not attack. It is pointless to send them with a light ship.

DeletedUser17045

That's what I told my fellow alliance friend. He just urged me to seek some reassurance.

Thanks a lot, Sigismund!

-CheezeHead.

DeletedUser

My understanding of a FS is yes it a defence unit but you must send it at an incoming attack for it to be effective. I could be wrong as I don't use them brieme are the best for defence.

DeletedUser

for one you cant send them in attack they are for defence only and they are a waste of time. biremes for defence and LS for attack are best pound for pound

DeletedUser

All you need to do to use a Fire Ship is build it and have it sit in your harbour. You can send it as support to another city, but it will take some time to get there.

DeletedUser

Yes, like sigismund said, you put them in your harbor.
Excellent for setting traps on your enemy when they send LS strikes at you.
I always use them, I dont bother with biremes at all (only at the begening of a world) later on stop making them, they are expensive, slow to replace. rather use Fire ships to defend as can be replaced much faster, and to defend against CS I prefer Land soldiers