Newspaper Flaws in this game

DeletedUser

Right i have been playing this game for over 2 months now and i have been on it every day building my city to the best it can.

I have spent money buying coins and everything was going well as i just took over my 2nd city.

I woke up this morining to find that one of the top ALLIANCES in my world was coming to conquer me and they had took over my city and my alliance couldnt do anything about it as the person attacking me had 6 of his cities all attacking at once.

It just seems to me that the people who have been playing this game from day 1 and have the biggest cities and alliances will always conquernew up and coming cities with ease.

The game only favours the biggest alliances and players so new players in the game will always get attacked and conquered after building up there city and spending money then they will leave as it will only happen again once building up there other city.

I for one will be leaving the game and wont be spending any more money due to this floor as there should be a cap on level/points on what players/alliances should be able to attack !!

I cant see the fun in new players staying within the game and spending money as its just a waste of time and effot.

The people who run this game must changes things as only the BEST PLAYERS and ALLIANCES will always prosper and the NEW and up and coming players/alliances wont last long and will all leave due to there being no fun in the game.

cheers and i hope something gets done

DeletedUser30111

You could try a world with morale, supposed to make it easier to defend when you have a small city.

But I agree, this world has been bad with bigger alliances going after small alliances, rather than other big ones. I guess it's because there are SO many small alliances because of the low cap?
But really guys this game is about the fight, where's the fun if you're fighting someone so much smaller?

DeletedUser27700

Hey deanos lawrenceos

I am sorry you had a city taken. However, there are a few things I would like you to remember should you decide to keep playing this game, wich I hope you do.

Firstly, everyone started out like you did. We all were knew to the game one day, Im sure we all lost a city to a bigger player, and we alll had to learn how to defend ourselves. But with a little practice, advice, and perseverance you can hold your own in any fight if you learn how.

Secondly, you said you have 2 cities. Nothing really changes for you if you loose one of them. You just go back to having one.

As for a limit on who the big people can attack, you kind of fell into the wrong world.
I am going to assume this is your first world, and it just happened to be one without morale. Morale is a system to protect smaller players by giving them a big advantage when they get attacked by someone bigger than them.

Finally, I would recommend Hyperborea to you. It is a world where you can not loose your cities. In a little while there will be an update that even lets you transfer your last city to that world so you can practice more.
If you want an easier world, but still be able to take peoples cities, I would suggest a slow world, with morale on, and for you to start a few days late.
This may seem contradictory to you, but all this will slow the game down for you to be able to learn to play better. Finding a good alliance will help to.

DeletedUser

i dont mind losing my city but its how its done as a few of my friends suffered the same fate.

i would love a world where the morale is a key so could you please send me a link as i do like the game and i am in the wrong world for my first time around

DeletedUser30111

You can try the brand new world, oropus (en60) morale active and speed 1, would be a good world to learn on.

DeletedUser27700

Click this for Oropus.

Settings: Speed - 1; Unit Speed - 2; Alliance Cap - 250; Beginners Protection: 5 Days; Conquest; Morale - Active

Best of luck :)
Try to find a good alliance in your area and have some fun

DeletedUser20415

ur place is not the core then ... try the rim ... wayyy easier out there ... and try a moral world ... that give u big advantage vs bigger players

DeletedUser

ur place is not the core then ... try the rim ... wayyy easier out there ... and try a moral world ... that give u big advantage vs bigger players

You have to decide if you like playing offense or defense. If you like offense, stay in a non-morale world. If you like defense, stay in a morale world.

Offense is a lot easier, you setup attacks, get points, assist your alliance.

Defense is a lot harder, you have to log on all the time to make sure there are no incoming attacks, you have to learn to time your troops just right to snipe incoming attacks, you have to always be building and rebuilding and it takes a lot of time and dedication.

If you want to have a life, take some of the other peoples advise, build your cities further out from center, maybe start over in a morale world, build your cities for offense. You'll only have to log in 1-2 times a day.

If you don't have a life, and you don't have a job, and you don't care about all the time you're about to lose for the next 13 months - stay in a non-morale world, stay near the center, build defensive cities... :)

DeletedUser20415

Offense is a lot easier, you setup attacks, get points, assist your alliance.

Defense is a lot harder, you have to log on all the time to make sure there are no incoming attacks, you have to learn to time your troops just right to snipe incoming attacks, you have to always be building and rebuilding and it takes a lot of time and dedication.

ur kiding right ?

DeletedUser

actually the new "legal cheat" made that alot easier... now you have an alarm clock that tells you when you are under attack.

DeletedUser30111

I find offense easier too. Maybe it's just funner and less stressful, I dunno.

DeletedUser

defence is really easy if you don't employ the modern psychology of one city per island :p

DeletedUser

Here's what I've noticed. I don't know if you guys agree or not but once you get about 20+ cities, it's pretty hard for you to be rooted out. When I start in Rho, I had about 8 cities when one was conquered. That conquer gave me enough bp to take it back and conquer another city. When you get alot of cities defense can get easier and at the same time harder.

It's easier because you have more cities to send support. Stack troops and ships. Second, if the city is close by, then it's quick too. Third, that app would make it even easier.

It's harder because once you get alot of cities, it's hard to manage them all. If an attacks coming, you have to shift through all the cities to see which city it's going to.

Here's what I see happening though. People turtle up, only to be smushed back down then they try again and get farmed and the process repeats. They are getting no where. With offense you can pile attacks from all your cities, and if the opponent is offline, he's probably a goner (depending on your forces I suppose). As offense, you can lose all your forces yet keep your city(s), while as for the defender all dead via cs attack means game over for that city. Offense has less stress really..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I usually find defence easier if you have a really strong alliance backing you up, as you can just watch the attacks, supports, and more importantly the BP roll in. I know someone in the us. worlds who is pummelled every day by a whole alliance and he does fine because he got experience from previous attacks, he lost cities as well, but he learnt from his mistakes and has 34 cities now, and he doesn't even need alliance support any more.

Also the problem with offence is if you have no defence and someone decides to fight back, they'll fight it incredibly easy to turn around and take your cities, especially if you don't have someone to help you defend.

DeletedUser

Also the problem with offence is if you have no defence and someone decides to fight back, they'll fight it incredibly easy to turn around and take your cities, especially if you don't have someone to help you defend.

Well, most people have someone who will help. Plus one of the points of offense is to crush people who could possibly pose a threat. If you attacked someone, and cleared that city, they got nothing to attack with. Most people have some form of defense. Technically, you could just build all offense and when an attack is coming, get some allies to send support.

DeletedUser

defence is really easy if you don't employ the modern psychology of one city per island :p

Im not sure what your statement here means.

One city per island is the best policy:
-You can't "farm" multiple times for the multiple cities you have on a single island.
-If you become a "target", it's a lot easier for your enemy to time attacks and CS landings when cities are on the same island
-Refer back to the farming statement - you're really limiting the speed potential of your city growth

DeletedUser

Im not sure what your statement here means.

One city per island is the best policy:
-You can't "farm" multiple times for the multiple cities you have on a single island.
-If you become a "target", it's a lot easier for your enemy to time attacks and CS landings when cities are on the same island
-Refer back to the farming statement - you're really limiting the speed potential of your city growth
While its more easy to cordinate/organize attacks when cities are on the same island, the defending player has it easier in sending support and such.

DeletedUser

I usually find defence easier if you have a really strong alliance backing you up, as you can just watch the attacks, supports, and more importantly the BP roll in. I know someone in the us. worlds who is pummelled every day by a whole alliance and he does fine because he got experience from previous attacks, he lost cities as well, but he learnt from his mistakes and has 34 cities now, and he doesn't even need alliance support any more.

With all offensive troops, it's easy to snipe the CS landings if you know how to time things right.

The worst part about Moral worlds is that the really smart players will make deals with all their small neighbors to offer support any time to get those BP, or they will recruit small players and use them as bait for BP.

DeletedUser

While its more easy to cordinate/organize attacks when cities are on the same island, the defending player has it easier in sending support and such.

Sure, easier and faster to move their own troops around for support. But if we are taking time and simplicity into account, why not just dodge the attacks to begin with and setup your cities to benefit better farming?