Newspaper Flaws in this game

DeletedUser

Im not sure what your statement here means.

One city per island is the best policy:
-You can't "farm" multiple times for the multiple cities you have on a single island.
-If you become a "target", it's a lot easier for your enemy to time attacks and CS landings when cities are on the same island
-Refer back to the farming statement - you're really limiting the speed potential of your city growth
- less transports required
- closer support network means easier sniping
- farming doesn't matter for defensive players because they do not lose their troops as often as attacking players, so that invalidates the first and 3rd of your arguments.

"If you become a target"... that is a big if, most big alliances avoid the big close defence players and choose to ignore them.

DeletedUser

Sure, easier and faster to move their own troops around for support. But if we are taking time and simplicity into account, why not just dodge the attacks to begin with and setup your cities to benefit better farming?

Well lets say I own half an island thats about 15 cities. Each of those cities has 300 swords 300 archers 100 hops and 100 bir. If I send all of those into the defending city, I've probably got a chance, wouldn't you say?

DeletedUser25380

-If you become a "target", it's a lot easier for your enemy to time attacks and CS landings when cities are on the same island
Not much really, as you want to narrow your timing to the seconds; and if you send from the same city it will be obvious that it includes fakes. As an attacker, I have seen myself think twice about attacking a player's cities when there are several on the same island, as I know I can't just launch to one, so I have to be "more ready" for a more complete attack. Also it is harder to send the players' defence somewhere else with a diversion, and easier for the defender to juggle troops around so that you don't know what is sitting where. A player might have an attack city for example and hide his troops in a defence city, it is very fast then for him to call them back upon need (even for a CS).

Farming:
Also above a certain number of cities (around 35 maybe), players typically no longer farm or only farm on occasion wherever needed.
Several cities per island also helps tremendously with trades to balance the resources needed (as they don't take as long so you don't have to wait, and you can make several if needed, in a short time).

DeletedUser

- less transports required
- closer support network means easier sniping
- farming doesn't matter for defensive players because they do not lose their troops as often as attacking players, so that invalidates the first and 3rd of your arguments.

"If you become a target"... that is a big if, most big alliances avoid the big close defence players and choose to ignore them.

It sounds like you have never actually been under attack, especially during WW phase. If you're controlling 1/2 the cities on ( or very near ) an island that has the WW on it - you're singularly responsible for avoiding attacks and CS's 24 hours a day - and believe me, with a big alliance going after you, you will never win that scenario.

Also, once you become a target - and it's ironic that people play defensively and then say it's a very slim chance that they will actually become a target ( then why setup defensively in the first place?? ) - if you have 10 cities on a single island, your ability to farm and rebuild is 10 times slower than if you had your cities on 10 separate islands.

DeletedUser38652

I too was like you... I lost my city for a big alliance the first few weeks that I started playing the game. I respawnd and I grew faster and joined a better alliance that learned me how to play the game.. I was lucky I joined a morale active world tho.

DeletedUser

It sounds like you have never actually been under attack, especially during WW phase. If you're controlling 1/2 the cities on ( or very near ) an island that has the WW on it - you're singularly responsible for avoiding attacks and CS's 24 hours a day - and believe me, with a big alliance going after you, you will never win that scenario.

Also, once you become a target - and it's ironic that people play defensively and then say it's a very slim chance that they will actually become a target ( then why setup defensively in the first place?? ) - if you have 10 cities on a single island, your ability to farm and rebuild is 10 times slower than if you had your cities on 10 separate islands.
I started on the centre cross in world 2, and had a 7 vs 1 on my island... I think I know about defence...

DeletedUser

I started on the centre cross in world 2, and had a 7 vs 1 on my island... I think I know about defence...

i remember well the Phenomen of World Beta.. good to see you here Kadj.. you playing Lindos?

DeletedUser

yep, though the challenge factor isn't that high... We have Dark Judgement Paradropped into our coean recently, so it may spice things up a bit.

DeletedUser

Join the world where conquest has no way...guys i dont know the spellings so that cry Hyperborea something like that...no once can conquer your city as one can only colonise you might learn a few things there about the game on defense and then come to the fight...but most or all of us have lost cities over 10,000 points and end up with 1 million points...a fight is a blind thing that happens to the smallest and beats the largest...

DeletedUser

yep, though the challenge factor isn't that high... We have Dark Judgement Paradropped into our coean recently, so it may spice things up a bit.

Dark Judgement.. i have some faint recollection of them from Beta.. they were part of the Dragon Heads along with Molon Labe and company?

so which ocean you in? i just signed up a couple of weeks ago.. find myself at the rim..

DeletedUser

early days when farming the villages is key to your growth then yeah, 1 city per island is almost a must. but once you've grown to a size where farming is no longer an issue then multiple cities on an island is no longer a problem. I couldnt think of anything worse than sitting there with 30+ cities hitting the 5 min farm button all day, stuff that, when will you time your troop movements/plan attacks?

Can take nearly 5 mins to farm all the villages when you got that many cities.

But anyways, not many people hang around in a world nowadays to get to that size as they know that in 5 minutes another world will start and they can try again for the perfect start they never got this time.

Having 1 player own half the cities on a wonder isle or near one is very bad planning by an alliance and a stupid mistake.

DeletedUser38652

early days when farming the villages is key to your growth then yeah, 1 city per island is almost a must. but once you've grown to a size where farming is no longer an issue then multiple cities on an island is no longer a problem. I couldnt think of anything worse than sitting there with 30+ cities hitting the 5 min farm button all day, stuff that, when will you time your troop movements/plan attacks?

Can take nearly 5 mins to farm all the villages when you got that many cities.

But anyways, not many people hang around in a world nowadays to get to that size as they know that in 5 minutes another world will start and they can try again for the perfect start they never got this time.

Having 1 player own half the cities on a wonder isle or near one is very bad planning by an alliance and a stupid mistake.

True, I started here and joined an MRA and got tired of this world went to myonia and started 2 days after where the #1 had already 3k points, started in Nicaea has a very solid start and became leader of Rave, left that world and now I'm trolling Oropos.

DeletedUser21142

But I agree, this world has been bad with bigger alliances going after small alliances, rather than other big ones. I guess it's because there are SO many small alliances because of the low cap?
But really guys this game is about the fight, where's the fun if you're fighting someone so much smaller?

This is so true.. I have also been victimised by a larger alliance, managing to defend myself atm. But i guess that's what bully's do, pick on those a lot smaller.

DeletedUser25380

Not necessarily, as the alliance sometimes has strategic reasons for doing so (such as dependency on a lower number of players directly involved with a wonder city, which can give more flexibility in many ways). However from a farming perspective, for sure, and these wonders are hungry monsters to feed...

DeletedUser

There are actually quite a few advantages to having 1 or only a few players control all cities on a wonder island. Most importantly, is knowing that the owner of every city on the island is trustworthy and isn't going to go inactive, leave the alliance, or ghost and cause the wonder to be lost. Can you say you completely trust 20 members of your alliance to each have a city on the island and be given that responsibility? Additionally, you can build ground defense only in every city on the island and a single player can have 100k defense troops on the island less than 30 min from any of the other cities. By the time the wonder era starts, large players will have 100+ cities and farming is mostly irrelevant.

DeletedUser20948

but if you have only a few players holding the WW island is that people will feel left out and what if one of the guys on the WW island had connection difficulties and couldn't get online. If every player had 1 city on the island you could easily cover it whereas it would be more difficult to cover one players multiple cities at the same time :)