Pending Flickering Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser2795
  • Start date

DeletedUser2795

• World: Knossos
  • Operating System: Debian Live
  • Browser and Version: Epiphany 2.30.6 - I would never use this browser normally
  • Overview of the bug: The timber camp, barracks, Harbor, Quarry, and Senate are all flickering on and off.
  • Screenshots: I would need a video.
  • How often this occurs: Always (it is currently night, I only just ran into it)
  • Urgency: Low; No one uses this browser, this OS, and plays this game
  • Preventative Actions Use a different browser, ignore it.
  • Summary: In the city overview, the barracks is flickering on and off (I can see the grass behind it), the SEnate is, at a slightly slower rate, flickering between the Lowest level appearand eand the second level appearance, the harbor is the same as the barracks, the quarry is the same as the barracks, the timber camp is the same as the barracks but slower.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: yes

Please note that this is, in all likelyhood, a bug with the browser, but it might not be. Also, I will not be using this browser again and I doubt anyone else will.

Update: Its something to do with animation. I'm building troops and ships, and it didn't like the hourglass either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't recreate this issue. Does this occur on other browsers as well?

DeletedUser2795

I've no idea. I was only using it for a very short amount of time. Were you really using Epiphany under Debian?
I have never seen it act this way under any other circumstances (including, Chrome and Firefox under Ubuntu and Windows).

DeletedUser

I tried it in Firefox, which is why I asked if the bug occurs in other browsers so we can narrow down the cause of the problem. If this bug is browser specific to Epiphany I would suggest using other browsers for now.

DeletedUser2795

I believe that it is limited to Epiphany. I would not be at all surprised if it is a bug with Epiphany itself. Anyways, I do not currently use Epiphany, I was just working with a base install of Debian, so it was my only choice of browser.

DeletedUser

We are only able to pass on bugs to the developers that we can repoduce, because we don't have Debian Live we are unable to do much, I will pass this on however I can't see that it will be fixed in any time soon.

DeletedUser2795

We are only able to pass on bugs to the developers that we can repoduce, because we don't have Debian Live we are unable to do much, I will pass this on however I can't see that it will be fixed in any time soon.

That's fine - I doubt anyone will ever run across this problem, because it is probably very specific to the browser and OS. I might experiment with the browser more some other time to see if I run across this problem on other sites.

DeletedUser2795

No, it does not happen on Chrome, FF, IE, presumably not on Safari/Opera, not even on Epiphany on Ubuntu. I expect it is a problem with the browser or some really obscure bug.