Floors in this game

DeletedUser

Right i have been playing this game for over 2 months now and i have been on it every day building my city to the best it can.

I have spent money buying coins and everything was going well as i just took over my 2nd city.

I woke up this morining to find that one of the top ALLIANCES in my world was coming to conquer me and they had took over my city and my alliance couldnt do anything about it as the person attacking me had 6 of his cities all attacking at once.

It just seems to me that the people who have been playing this game from day 1 and have the biggest cities and alliances will always conquernew up and coming cities with ease.

The game only favours the biggest alliances and players so new players in the game will always get attacked and conquered after building up there city and spending money then they will leave as it will only happen again once building up there other city.

I for one will be leaving the game and wont be spending any more money due to this floor as there should be a cap on level/points on what players/alliances should be able to attack !!

I cant see the fun in new players staying within the game and spending money as its just a waste of time and effot.

The people who run this game must changes things as only the BEST PLAYERS and ALLIANCES will always prosper and the NEW and up and coming players/alliances wont last long and will all leave due to there being no fun in the game.

cheers and i hope something gets done

Varun

Strategos
Right i have been playing this game for over 2 months now and i have been on it every day building my city to the best it can.

I have spent money buying coins and everything was going well as i just took over my 2nd city.

I woke up this morining to find that one of the top ALLIANCES in my world was coming to conquer me and they had took over my city and my alliance couldnt do anything about it as the person attacking me had 6 of his cities all attacking at once.

It just seems to me that the people who have been playing this game from day 1 and have the biggest cities and alliances will always conquernew up and coming cities with ease.

The game only favours the biggest alliances and players so new players in the game will always get attacked and conquered after building up there city and spending money then they will leave as it will only happen again once building up there other city.

I for one will be leaving the game and wont be spending any more money due to this floor as there should be a cap on level/points on what players/alliances should be able to attack !!

I cant see the fun in new players staying within the game and spending money as its just a waste of time and effot.

The people who run this game must changes things as only the BEST PLAYERS and ALLIANCES will always prosper and the NEW and up and coming players/alliances wont last long and will all leave due to there being no fun in the game.

cheers and i hope something gets done

That's a bit harsh. I have been playing since several years and believe me, I have got my share of attacks too. No need to buy gold so quickly. Get established and then do so. Why don't you give it another chance?

DeletedUser

it just feels that everytime now i rebuild my city that the same alliance will come along and just conquer as thats what they can do and will as its easy play for them.

I dont feel i want to waste my time and effot rebuilding only for the same tactic and fate to happen as it seems its not only me that feels like this there is hundreds of new players in the game this is happening to and its a shame.

Players like yourself who have been the the game for serveral years know the tactic and know what to do and if i was honest i would get bored of just picking off newbies as thats to easy and it spoils what could be a good game.

DeletedUser23986

will you stop posting the same thing a million times?

DeletedUser22708

Well if you start a new world when it just opened up you'll get a fair chance, problem solved.

DeletedUser345

have you a link for a new world then please??

Go on to the grepolis main menu and select a new world, I would advise checking the forums here as they announce new worlds coming up. One of the biggest problems that I have noticed is that due to the relentless release of far too many worlds in a short time span all the oceans outside the core are very stagnated and you can spawn in with a 175 point city (as I did) next to a 7000 point one, I was lucky and able to join his alliance however if you aren't then whatever you do you will inevitably be a sitting duck.

My advice in your situation is to build defensive troops and gradually expand your cities away from these larger players towards the rim where the players are weaker.

DeletedUser

Also, morale is a setting that means that it is very hard for larger players to attack smaller ones.

DeletedUser11886

Okay, okay okay. So. Basically, what your saying is that your keep getting farmed and conquered am I correct? And that you are tired of wasting money on Gold?

Look at me. I was one of the biggest noobs in grepolis when I joined into world theta (en08) the first speed 3 world, and I was incredibly close to being conquered. Infact, when I joined the #1 alliance in my ocean, I found a claim on me in the claims section of the forum! Kinda funny. I was also farmed slightly in my time there, and I eventually conquered him because he got annoying (with the help of my alliance of course). I never even use gold, and I reached 40-50+ cities! I didn't even loose one. All you need to do is make sure you read the wiki, (it was very messy and weird back then) and get information off of your alliance members by joining a good alliance early on. Keep good relations with those around you, it can really help a lot!

P.S. Don't act to cocky either, people don't like that.

DeletedUser39847

My advice would be when you start the game in a new world get in contact with the bigger players of leading alliances getting advice and what not...they will usually be happy to help (i would and do) new players or even just inexperienced ones. i always message the bigger players in a new world i join as a tactical thing to prevent myself being farmed and usually works...but if not Chase every LS that comes at you and destroy as much attacks with high walls, militia and spells to make them think twice in the future...and yes as previously stated the moral is great when in your favor...not so much when against you :D:D but don't give up keep at it and i guarantee you'll like the game if you get in contact with big players getting advice or even help...in Idaluim i have currently taken 2 new players under my wing as they asked for help when i farmed them...they are now loving the game and even if they got conquered now i guarantee they will start again :)

don't just give up over a bad experience keep playing and you'll find a have a good experience..:)

DeletedUser345

The spelling of flaws still really bugs me everytime I see this.

DeletedUser11886

No offense, but I agree... resisted the grammar nazi pull.

DeletedUser39166

A tactic which I found useful if your a smaller player in an ocean dominated by a big alliance is to keep your cities as small as possible so that you can build tons of unit's. For example city 1 would have 4000 points and would be my colony ship city then city 2 would have 2000 points and be attacking (this is in a conquest world where attack is the best defence) and city 3 having 2000 points and all defence. You may call me a turtle for this but trust me 1. it works and 2. once you join a big alliance you can go back to just playing normally.

:pro::pro: