Forum broken?

DeletedUser

Is the forum fubar for anyone else? editing your posts is impossible due to indefinite loading, quoting someone no longer actually puts the original text in quote tags and every now and then there are a dozen PHP errors/warnings on the top of the page. This has been going on for a week or so.

DeletedUser

That's an affirmative from me.
Keep getting asked if I want to leave the page after hitting post quick reply.
Oh, and then every time I post it gives me the "you cannot post for 30 seconds after making a post, please try again in 29 seconds." message.

DeletedUser40768

Yeah it has been happening to me too. I asked Baudin about it a few days ago. He said it was a bug and that Inno is working on fixing it.

DeletedUser33530

Is the forum fubar for anyone else? editing your posts is impossible due to indefinite loading, quoting someone no longer actually puts the original text in quote tags and every now and then there are a dozen PHP errors/warnings on the top of the page. This has been going on for a week or so.

Yeah they are currently working on fixing it.

For the editing thing, just refresh the page after you press save. It will have edited it.

DeletedUser35431

Yah. I am getting this.

DeletedUser

pebble's doesn't really have a banhammer. Just an infraction hammer he'd have to hit someone multiple times with.

DeletedUser

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the issues you are having here, or describe them in detail so we can make sure all the issues have been reported.

DeletedUser

pebble's doesn't really have a banhammer. Just an infraction hammer he'd have to hit someone multiple times with.

If this is set up similarly to the tw.net forums, which I would imagine it is, enough active or total infractions and you just get perm'd automatically.

DeletedUser49197

let me try to get a screenshot, i've noticed it happens the most with faces... :) :)

DeletedUser40768

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the issues you are having here, or describe them in detail so we can make sure all the issues have been reported.

Well it says this:

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php on line 200

It will also say:
The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

It will say this even if you haven't made a posts in hours, and even though it gives an error message the post goes through. Causing many people to double post believing the error message is correct.

As for the editing thing, a person will click to edit. They will change whatever they want, then when they push save it gives the silly spinning circle thing for a long time. It appears like the post isn't edited, but if you reload the page or go back to it after going elsewhere in the forum you will see the edit has gone through. These things happen quite often.

And wow it happen with this post, that helped with explaining :D

DeletedUser

13501bddb8.jpg

faff4f0983.jpg

DeletedUser

All problems seem related to the WYSIWYG editor, maybe there's an update for the vBulletin plug-in?

DeletedUser

If this is set up similarly to the tw.net forums, which I would imagine it is, enough active or total infractions and you just get perm'd automatically.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. pebbles can't instantly ban someone, he would have to infract multiple times until the person has 10 points :p

DeletedUser33530

Yeah that's what I'm saying. pebbles can't instantly ban someone, he would have to infract multiple times until the person has 10 points :p

No pebble can ban anyone he wants for a month. At which point he ban them again, and then again...

If anything this proves that pebble has a level of self control beyond human comprehension.