Inactive Topic Forum Tutorial

DeletedUser25787

~All credit goes to Hassan al-Sabbah
Proposal: To create a walkthrough for the forums just like a tutorial for the game.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes and I didn't see anything

Reason:
The forums can seem large and complicated to new people at first and this way they could help be guided through how it works, the rules, etc..

Details:
When you create a forum account a box pops up that asks if you want to have a tutorial. When you select yes the tutorial will walk you through how to set an avatar, what rep is and how it works, the rules of the forum, the different sections, how to post the tools you can use while posting, how to create a bio and all the other essential things to know about the forum

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Allows newer forum members to learn their way around the forum quicker.

Abuse Prevention:
None

Summary:
Teach new players forum basics and help them create their first post to boost forum activity.

Again this idea was from Hassan al-Sabbah but I formatted it and set up a thread for it

DeletedUser

Good idea. If hassan comments I'll + rep, but + repped you for now.

It might attract more interest as well, if it doesn't seem too daunting to new users

DeletedUser29066

Totally worthless idea. Whoever thought of it should be ....

Just Kidding. You have my support :D

DeletedUser8396

This forum runs on vBulletin. This may not be possible.

DeletedUser31385

This is outside Inno's power. You would have to let the forum software creators decide this. (VBulletin)

DeletedUser

kojak.jpg

CROCKER!