Newspaper Gander Through Abdera

DeletedUser50935

Gander Through Abdera ISSUE 1

Clash of the titans... QoQ and EN interviewed

For the first issue of the newspaper I decided to interview the two favorites for WW (as it is coming up so soon...) Quality over Quantity and Eviction Notice these interviews are provided below... I would love to hear your opinion on these.

Interview with Clowder (Quality over Quantity)

Ok, first up do you think QoQ have a shot at winning the server?

Clowder said:
If we didn't believe we had a shot at winning the server we would not be here, we are of course very aware that EN significantly out number us and on paper look to have the advantage.

A lot of people have been saying you are defending bloods and trying to hide it... there is also a rumor that you have fallen out with GBOF and are at war... do you have anything to say about these rumors?

Clowder said:
There will always be rumours rife on a server like this.........I would hate to spoil it for those who like to feast upon them by making any comment at all.

Some people question the legitimacy of your alliance due to the botting scandal and the more recent 'killing own troops for BP' tactic do you have anything to say about this and do you think its just propaganda or is there truth in these things...?

Clowder said:
Having played herlerous, where a number of top players received instant permanent bans for using farming bots, I am quite sure had there been more to the botting scandal than mere speculation to enable a competitor to gain an unfair advantage over QoQ (which they failed to achieve) a much harsher punishment would have been administered than the one actually received by the player in question. The bigger, unanswered, question surrounding the scandal is the one regarding the legitimacy of independent moderation of servers, as a senior mod in EN was replying to tickets relating to the alleged incident. The player concerned has maintained growth at the same rate before and after their ban suggestive of a false allegation being made against them.

People like to target top players and alliances to undermine their position, and as such there will always be "propaganda" relating to them.

OK, and to end the interview sum up the server so far

Clowder said:
Personally rather glad I was dragged out of retirement for this one, and to be playing with such great team mates and friends, it's fun to see EN on the relative back foot for once.

Interview with kronnoss (Eviction Notice)

Ok, first up do you think EN have a shot at winning the server

kronnoss said:
We have a shot.. ... looks like a race though

You have recently lost a lot of cities and Kurbads. ghosted do you think you can recover from this blip?

kronnoss said:
city gains are more than losses.. we have city ocean targets and have reached these and are reaching all the goals I have set.

People have accused you're alliance of being 'gold (word replaced, ill call it abusers...)' is there anything you would like to say to this?

kronnoss said:
most top players use gold.. such is the game... but as you can clearly see we are not the only alliance with players with large stats.. in my opinion the game has been changed by Inno's greed in events and average poor player gets left behind as large spenders pour money into Inno's coffers

Ok, to end the interview could you sum up the server so far

kronnoss said:
Rho was EN's most competitive server.. this has been the most drama fulled... I call it my daily dose of Coronation Street

I would like to thank those that got interviewed for their time and willingness to answer the questions...

Weekly Scoop: Drum's alienation...

I had heard about his supposed 'alienations' I had to find out more... I received this after asking around... (From a source who would like to remain anonymous)

Anon source... said:
hes basically just really full of himself and argumentative. Bloods hate him because he left them. Nuns got sick of him because he tried telling everyone what to do.

At en, man, he was just totally disruptive in skype, trying to tell experienced players like annette how to play the game, cussing and swearing in skype. he then just let all his cities be taken by nuns without asking for help and then started founding over in 95 somewhere. not a team player at all. Everyone in En got really off with him. when he forced annette out of the skype room with his attitude was kinda the end for him.

If a source in the alliances in question could confirm this without being anonymous that would be good... Post here or PM in the forum or in-game (My IGN is Jamezbeast)... Drum I would like to hear your side of the story also...

Question of the day...
Please reply to this thread with your answers...

Question: Who do you think will win Abdera?

This ends the newspaper... If you like this please +rep... Any feedback (positive or negative) is appreciated please post in this thread... (If negative please include constructive criticism so I can improve...

Thanks
Jamezbeast

DeletedUser

Eviction Notice will win Abdera.

Nobody can change the fate.
222.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16560

I think EN might win? Big question mark, though, is....Not the crown, hopefully. I hope QoQ stops them at that, and maybe with help with other major server giants this go for a stalemate. EN 3 / QoQ 2-3 / Name changers 1-2 WW ... All for the sake of fun and prolonging competitiveness a while longer.

They got by far the advantage at this stage, also the numbers and backing of other alliances such as Hounds, Hammers, etc.

DeletedUser

I'm always called out you see; because they got that right guys, i was in bloods!

Nope i wasnt.

People didn't like me in nuns because i was telling people what to do?

I was a leader lol, not a great one, some people fell out with me, others did not. To say that i was alienated from bloods and nuns is completely and utterly wrong. I still speak to players from nuns so thats really funny, haha.

I was teaching experienced players how to play the game? Nah i really wasnt, when my cities were getting taken by bloods and nuns in ocean 56; it was not because of a lack of defending, if you would like to go ask Tim, he and other alliance leaders were fully aware of me letting my cities go. And for then me to be called out first in the skype chat and called a waste of space and a bad defender for not posting my cities two oceans over when i was told not to, i told her to ask Tim about it, Weasy also told her that this was the case but ye' almighty annette was having none of it. She proceeded to start another argument so thats two arguments she started and 0 i started; i left the skype chat and its not my fault that she was kicked out too, maybe she should listen to what a leader was saying about my cities. You clearly didn't know what i was doing, Tim knew that i was giving up with the world, college was going to be my priority this year, i would of had no spare time whatsoever and thus i was done with the world. My course was then changed and i had time again, i made friends and this is why i am here now, i am here to help real friends rather than play of my own accord.

But i really do not care what people think; i said not one negative word about EN until i was called out on externals by Tiller. So yeah i only start my mouth when others start it. Peaceeee

DeletedUser49059

James, I must say I am very impressed. Good work, nice progress!! I look forward to seeing what you do next...

+rep, and two thumbs up for your effort!

DeletedUser40223

Jamez.. Good paper.. But are you doing on the externals? You have slots and we have EN to kill.. Get on with that..:D

Oh and for the record neither EN or QoQ will win this server.. I know it's a long shot but I fancy Phoenix to take the crown.. :p

DeletedUser18407

I think eviction notice have as much chance of winning the world as I do in winning the lottery

Why ? Not because I dislike them, but simply because there players are all on holiday recovering from stress of actually having to play grepolis as it is ment to be played

Maybe a few of there members will see sense leave the eviction fantasy behind and worm there way onto the winning side of abdera

DeletedUser

I think eviction notice have as much chance of winning the world as I do in winning the lottery

Why ? Not because I dislike them, but simply because there players are all on holiday

Hit the nail on the head, so many individuals in EN are expecting 'easy crowns' and have put minimal effort into what they thought was a certain outcome before the world even opened.

DeletedUser

Quitting the game due to constant bully by all Quality over quantity players, no sooner do I get back up and running than they are attacking my cities

DeletedUser33675

Quitting the game due to constant bully by all Quality over quantity players, no sooner do I get back up and running than they are attacking my cities

They are just horrible bullies, I know *hug*

Nice reading :)

DeletedUser20414

lol to true, so many holiday makers in EN and simmers. A lot of our best have left because of it. To many empty accounts in for the ride, forcing large accounts to leave due to no team work. Nice to see everyone is starting to mold now and start to consider we may actually need to fight to win this time!

Nice read on the paper well done.

DeletedUser36743

.... when my cities were getting taken by bloods and nuns in ocean 56; it was not because of a lack of defending, if you would like to go ask Tim, he and other alliance leaders were fully aware of me letting my cities go. And for then me to be called out first in the skype chat and called a waste of space and a bad defender for not posting my cities two oceans over when i was told not to, i told her to ask Tim about it, Weasy also told her that this was the case but ye' almighty annette was having none of it. She proceeded to start another argument so thats two arguments she started and 0 i started; i left the skype chat and its not my fault that she was kicked out too, maybe she should listen to what a leader was saying about my cities. You clearly didn't know what i was doing, Tim knew that i was giving up with the world, college was going to be my priority this year, i would of had no spare time whatsoever and thus i was done with the world. My course was then changed and i had time again, i made friends and this is why i am here now, i am here to help real friends rather than play of my own accord.

But i really do not care what people think; i said not one negative word about EN until i was called out on externals by Tiller. So yeah i only start my mouth when others start it. Peaceeee

Just for the record.... the above is broadly correct..... am not sure who your sources were James...but good effort...

Drum's fault in my book is changing sides all too frequently...but that is another story...

DeletedUser46838

Love the issue!

Some comments I would like to make
-Kinda short but it's a good start!
-I hope there are stats in the next issue!

DeletedUser45479

based on a true story :D...EN is here to win the lottery

Good job with newspapper! :)