Giving up leadership

DeletedUser

I was reading history of omicron, and I noticed how some players like myself felt they enjoyed the game much more after stepping down from leadership, Just wondering how many thought that too. Even when I went into EVO, murty brought up getting me in the council, and I told him I wanted nothing to do with it. I just wanted to fight (not that alpha has made that hard), but the fact remains while I was a leader for a long time, I never truly enjoyed the game till I stepped down and moved on.

DeletedUser

I can honestly say been a leader sucks, there is way too much bull to deal with everyday. I honestly think leaders should be paid on here as they actually have a second job. I come home some evenings from work and while my laptop is turning on I'm on my knees praying that there is no drama for me to deal with today. I envy RTL as he always had it easy as leader, if somebody caused a problem next time they logged in they found they had a new home on the rim. He just didn't deal with any drama, I wish I could be more like that but I just put up with it and try to fix the problems.

Though here is the real joke, if you have been a founder in one world it is very hard to step back in the next world as you will never be happy in an alliance which is not run your way. I have tried been just a members in a few worlds since the first time I lead an alliance and I could never settle, I actually joined an alliance one time who leader didn't know how to use the internal forum. He thought he did, but he didn't and once I gave him some advice which he didn't like, he then went into his unhidden leaders forum and started complaining about me and what I told him. It is very hard to work for somebody who is that stupid and ignorant.

DeletedUser17104

I was the interim founder of TU when Murt had to step away for bit due to a personal reasons, i must stay I have truly enjoyed the game much more since i stepped down and gave founders rights to klifford and RTL. I agree that there is just to much drama and alot of people take the game way to seriously. My stress level may have been compounded that no one joined to fight under me, so after every decision, i recieved alot of "when is Murt comeing back" messages (be careful for what u asK for ;) ).

That said it was that time as founder that has kept me playing. In that roll, i made numerous friendships (Val, RTL, Rmoller, Murt, among others) along with some of my newer ones (too numerous to list), and that is why i play and enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18993

Murty one of the biggest problems for you is when you develop a plan NG comes and makes you look stupid(your words not mine:p). Haha that's why you hate being a leader you dread when NG comes on lol

DeletedUser5554

haha honestly leadership is such BS sometimes every word has to be picked carefully, every member selected carefully, knowing where and when to strike, and keeping the alliance morale up and everyone well trained, yet i agree with murtius it is a PAIN being in an alliance with someone else in charge so much so that i would only follow 2 people at this point in time Murty and King nation. (could also try bli zankity, rmoller, and notguilty) its even more of a pain if the team has no idea whats going on...for instance i joined Royal Challengers in Delphi...omg what a mess. i ended up in control of one of their academies and told i had free reign to turn it around in there...apperently free reign means "don't do anything right" in RC ;p. just an example.

DeletedUser

I don't think I could lead again though, now that I know how much more fun it is to just play, I agree it's hard to watch others run an alliance in a way that differs from your own, but the lack of headaches makes it so much better.

DeletedUser17104

Murty one of the biggest problems for you is when you develop a plan NG comes and makes you look stupid(your words not mine:p). Haha that's why you hate being a leader you dread when NG comes on lol

I actually think he loves it :p. . . BTW he has made me look stupid a few times as well :(

DeletedUser

I don't think I could lead again though, now that I know how much more fun it is to just play, I agree it's hard to watch others run an alliance in a way that differs from your own, but the lack of headaches makes it so much better.

What are you saying here, you don't like how I run the alliance? lmao

@ NG Yea you know you busting my nuts is the whole reason I keep coming back here :)

DeletedUser

What are you saying here, you don't like how I run the alliance? lmao

LOL, actually it comes from the world achilles, when I first joined them I was in Hounds of Hades, I quickly left for Dark Angels, and am much happier there, lol. but I'm more sim in that world, you can check my stats and see. Omi is my true time consumer and I can't afford to make too much effort in Achillles.