Announcement Gonnos newspaper competition!

DeletedUser

newspaper_zps678d95cd.png

I'm calling all of Gonnos to take part in this competition! I would like to see who is a budding journalist and can write the best newspaper! When writing this newspaper keep in mind it must be a NEW article. Be creative, think outside the box! As beginners protection is coming quickly to an end, for most of you, I would like to see what plans everyone has for the future! Interview leaders from your area, have any PnP you'd like to share? Share it. Use images it always enhances the paper!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Examples:
Example 1
Example 2

Rules:
  • Only one entry may be submitted per user.
  • Must be a new newspaper written for this comp.
  • Entries must be PM’d to me.
  • Authors must remain anonymous until the voting stage is complete at which point they will all be revealed.
  • Advertisement of specific pieces or vote rigging of any nature is prohibited- This includes in-game!

How Will It Work?!
Users have seven days to submit their entries. If there are too few entries - the competition will not go ahead with under three submissions - I will extend this period at my discretion. You will be informed in this case.
Once the submission phase is over, the entries will be put up for public voting. They will remain anonymous until the voting period is over! In the case of a tie, this period will either be extended or a new poll will be made, consisting of the tied entries only.

Prizes:
1st Place: 500 gold
2nd Place: 300 gold

Competition Dates:
Entries Start: 22/01/2014
Entries Stop: 29/01/2014
Voting Starts: 30/01/2014
Voting Stops: 02/02/2014
Winners Announced: 03/02/2014

//If you suspect someone of advertising please PM me immediately.

DeletedUser30490

finally a newspaper comp
cant wait to read them papers

DeletedUser33530

Possibly stupid question but can two player work together and split the prize if they win?

DeletedUser

I would say no. I want to read as many papers as possible!

DeletedUser

And BT said no too :p
No splitting prizes, one winner and one runner up.

DeletedUser41575

So I had the newspaper all typed up in a message box like one of these and had it sit here for like 2 days while I typed it and added onto it every once in a while. Then when I clicked preview to look over it...it went away and now I gotta type it all over again...yeah :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So I had the newspaper all typed up in a message box like one of these and had it sit here for like 2 days while I typed it and added onto it every once in a while. Then when I clicked preview to look over it...it went away and now I gotta type it all over again...yeah :rolleyes:

Eww. That even sounds bad! :( LOL

I hope you are considering re-writing to submit! :)

DeletedUser12858

Have you received any entries?

I'd make one but I'm in the middle of college exams, so Grepo is taking too much time already.

DeletedUser

Not a single entry, it's a shame really. You'd expect at least some entries for a 500 gold reward.

DeletedUser12858

We need to get more players in the forums.

I'll try to bring some people from my alliance over here, but that's really the only problem. Of course there's no activity when maybe 3 top 250 players even visit the external forums. Really don't know how to solve that :/

DeletedUser19042

Harreh.

Can I participate, even though I don't play the world? It's the gold that matters. :D

DeletedUser

We need to get more players in the forums.

I'll try to bring some people from my alliance over here, but that's really the only problem. Of course there's no activity when maybe 3 top 250 players even visit the external forums. Really don't know how to solve that :/

Indeed we do, I appreciate your efforts :) Could always trash talk (within the rules :p ) the other alliances and get them on the forums to defend themselves, not the best activity but it's activity nonetheless. At least then they may actually see these threads. :/

Harreh.

Can I participate, even though I don't play the world? It's the gold that matters. :D

I'll speak to the bird, don't get your hopes up.

DeletedUser12858

Let him write it!

It's not like there's many options to choose from :D