Gordopolis Interview for Grepolistimes Greece

DeletedUser

Hi grepolis.net i am the chif editor of Greek grepolis times and i post there the gordopolis interview of the august issue

Nickthegreek23: Hi Nick. Here's the answers to your questions.
Nickthegreek23: What's your name?
Gordopolis: Gordon (Nick: Gordopolis)
Nickthegreek23: How old are you?
Gordopolis:27
Nickthegreek23: Where do you live?
Gordopolis:Hamburg, Germany
Nickthegreek23: And know some questions about the game as a CoMa.
Nickthegreek23: What do you think about the game?
Gordopolis:Obviously Grepolis is an awesome game and I play it everyday!
Nickthegreek23: Have you ever thought something that could make it better and if you did, have you proposed it to innogames?
Gordopolis:Yes, I sometimes propose ideas that I think would add to the game, but as the players know, not every feature that is suggested get chosen.
Nickthegreek23: What version of Grepolis do you prefer the last or the knew one?
Gordopolis:I really enjoy the new farming system, and the extra silver from Hades works well with the Phoenician Trader. In my opinion 2.0 is the only way to play.
Nickthegreek23: Have you ever thought of playing Grepolis yourself?
Gordopolis:Yes, and I currently do. I play on Phi.
Nickthegreek23: Last some questions about your job as a CoMa.
Nickthegreek23: What is your job at the foroum and at the game?
Gordopolis:In the forum I create and manage a team that organizes the forum information for the players and makes sure it is an open and friendly environment.
My ingame duties are to create a team that enforces the rules, answers questions politely, and upholds the rules of Grepolis, for a fair and even game experience.
Nickthegreek23: Do you think your job as an easy one or not?
Gordopolis:No, I do not think that managing a community is something everyone can do. It takes a lot of dedication, and love for the game. A large community will generate large problems.
Nickthegreek23: Is your forum a busy one or not? How many players visit it daily?
Gordopolis:Currently around 600 players login to our site to post and read articles every day. Yes it is busy.
Nickthegreek23: Do you have many spammers? How do you deal with them?
Gordopolis:Mostly I speak to them directly via pm and ask them to stop. Sometimes I can solve the issue that way. If that does not work I will start to take action and give them infraction points. If they continue their behavior they will be banned. Its not fun, but I have to enforce the rules.
Nickthegreek23: What is the most common violation that you can see in the foroum and what in the game?
Gordopolis:Spam/inappropriate language
Nickthegreek23: Are you friendly with the players at the foroum or do you keep a more professional relation?
Gordopolis:I have a more professional relationship with the community due to time constraints. I wish I could post in the forum more.
Nickthegreek23: How many hours do you work per day?
Gordopolis:7-9 during week days, sometimes 2-4 hours on the weekend as well.
Nickthegreek23: Does player at your foroum search for questions before asking or not?
Gordopolis:Some do J, Some do not. I would like to think the majority reads what we explain and post before responding on the forum.
Nickthegreek23: Do you have new players at the foroum that ask simple questions already known from the old ones or after almost 2 years of grepolis the new players are tought by the players in the alliance?
Gordopolis:Old players mentor new players and help them during the starting phase of the game. It is a very important part of the community, and we are very proud of this process.
Nickthegreek23: What is the criteria for someone to become a Game admin or a Foroum Supporter?
Gordopolis:They must have a clean forum and ingame history. In addition to that they must be extremely knowledgeable about the game. But most importantly, they must be able to fit into the team. Sometimes we have players apply who are very knowledgeable, however we do not employ them, because they are not team players.
Nickthegreek23: What do you think about our CoMa (Zaitsev)?
Gordopolis:“Zaitsev” is a great guy. He visited the InnoGames Headquarters in Hamburg a while ago, and we showed him around the city. During his visit we went to a traditional German “Brauhaus”, and had Haxe and German Bier. Sometimes we get to work on the same projects together, like with the new world names, but that doesn’t happen too often.
Nickthegreek23: What is your opinion on our advise to start a on-line newspaper about grepolis?
Gordopolis:I think an on-line newspaper is a great idea, but it is hard to do. Typically you see small newspapers being published once or twice and then they slowly stop. Here is my humble advice: You have to make sure you have a large enough team, so you can work on multiple stories simultaneously. You also need to be well connected and have contacts, to the mod team and top players. Don’t make the first edition too large. Start with one or two articles and work your way up.
Running a Grepolis newsletter is hard work, but I think if the community supports the journalist and suggest stories that interest them, the newspaper could work J
Nickthegreek23: Have you ever visited Greece?
Gordopolis:No, I have not, however I would love to come and visit one day. The only part of Greece I have experienced so far is a bottle of Ouzo.
Nickthegreek23: Have you visited any museum to see all those things you see ingame?
Gordopolis:Unfortunately I have not so far. I try to get my dose of greek culture by playing “god of war 3”, but I know that is not enough. Seeing the old Spartan gear up close must be pretty cool.
Nickthegreek23: Do you plan on visiting any time in the future?
Gordopolis:Not in the near future, but I hope sometime in the next few years.