Grepo Mobile Log In Fail

DeletedUser21320

Every time since I first logged in to Grepo mobile I get an error which prevents me using Grepolis on my phone.
When it opens the log in page on my phone I get the following error message:
"Result of Expression 'GM.model.Player.isInitialized' [[object.Object]] is not a function."
I can attempt to type in my log in details but when pressing the "Log in" button nothing happens, also pressing the "web version" button doesn't do anything.
I have both restarted and cleared the online history on my phone but with no change to what occurs.
Could you provide advice on how to resolve this?
Thanks

DeletedUser

I'm having the same problem. Didn't get the error message. It just won't log in once I enter all of my info. This was using Safari on an iPhone 3GS with the most recent upgrade to iOS.

DeletedUser

I have reverted back to just using the web page
Instead of plugging your info in scroll to the bottom of te log in screen and click web view or whatever it states
Back to te way it was
I use safari on my iPhone as well

DeletedUser

Does not work for me either, which means effectively I can no longer play the game :( Any clues anyone? The web version button is inactive.

DeletedUser

actually its working fine for me. I use my iPod 4 and it works great. The only problem i have is getting the re-router to sense that its a mobile web page so it takes about 10 seconds to take me to the mobile log it. Once there it works fine.

DeletedUser

When I go to the usual en.grepolis.com on my iPad 2 w/ ios5, it simply doesn't redirect me to the mobile page. I have tried clearing cookies and restarting but nothing worked. Maybe a link would be helpful? Just to clarify I am using the regular safari browser for ios.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I put en.grepolis.com in the address bar and it redirects to the mobile page. The "web version" button is available but I've tried playing the web version on my phone and its difficult to see and use when the buttons are so tiny.

DeletedUser

I am reading these, just so everyone knows. I'll be doing some investigation into this so please continue reporting any problems with as much detail as possible, including what kind of mobile device you are using.

Please make sure your mobile device is also updated to the latest version.

DeletedUser21320

Hi Asth, thanks for letting us know. I use a Samsung Galaxy Apollo.
In the meantime while you work to fix this, is there a web address we can use to go directly to the web version site to avoid the mobile site which causes the problem?

DeletedUser

There should be a link to revert back to the regular web version. From memory it is located at the login screen. You could also try manually typing in the URL.

DeletedUser21320

There should be a link to revert back to the regular web version. From memory it is located at the login screen. You could also try manually typing in the URL.

I cannot do anything on the front page of the mobile log in apart from typing in my log in details, the web version button doesn't work and typing the URL brings me to the mobile log in page.

DeletedUser

I'm not seeing the mobile site at all with my iPad running the latest iOS 3 version. I can use the web version for 10 minutes before it crashes the Safari browser and I have to start over.

DeletedUser

In the meantime while you work to fix this, is there a web address we can use to go directly to the web version site to avoid the mobile site which causes the problem?

I don't know about a direct url (it sure would be great if someone could share one with us), but there is dirty way to turn off automatic redirection (if the "Web Version" button doesn't work).

1) Go to the game's front page with your device.
2) Type in the address (goto) bar the following (exactly as you see it here):
Code:
javascript:document.cookie="no_mobile=1;path=/"

You'll no longer be redirected from http://en.grepolis.com to the web version until you clear your cookies (or at least delete the one you just put).

I'm not seeing the mobile site at all with my iPad running the latest iOS 3 version. I can use the web version for 10 minutes before it crashes the Safari browser and I have to start over.

Probably you just need to clear your cookies.
But if you are still not redirected automatically, try typing the address http://en.grepolis.com/mobile/

DeletedUser24883

I am having the same problem i can type in my name and password but the login and web version tabs won't work, i have cleared the cookies and its still not working. It worked once the very first time i logged in on the mobile but nothing since then and its been 4 days. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S

DeletedUser

If you're still experiencing problems can you check that you do not have "Private Browsing" active on your device. There has been instances were this has prevented the mobile logins from working as intended.

Please note the issue is still being investigated beyond that, but it would help isolate the problem further.

DeletedUser24858

Thank you for your prompt answer in my new post...i will post here in the future..so the logging in is not the problem.The problem is after that. The problem is just like dave3737s described in post 11 here. I noted that in Iphone there is no problems at all. But in windows mobile platform it not works. It doesn't matter what is the brand of the phone, it matters of OS-Windows mobile 6.5. So, please, let us be able to play the game in our windows mobile devices too...

regards,
Petar.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your post peshoa1, hopefully we will be able to identify and fix the issue shortly. Please also keep in mind that we are not intentionally preventing any mobile device from logging in.

DeletedUser21320

I don't know about a direct url (it sure would be great if someone could share one with us), but there is dirty way to turn off automatic redirection (if the "Web Version" button doesn't work).

1) Go to the game's front page with your device.
2) Type in the address (goto) bar the following (exactly as you see it here):
Code:
javascript:document.cookie="no_mobile=1;path=/"

You'll no longer be redirected from http://en.grepolis.com to the web version until you clear your cookies (or at least delete the one you just put).

This works for me so gives me access again, thanks Smokey! I look forward to using the resolved mobile version when I can...

DeletedUser

There are some ppl that cannot connect to either now :(
I scrolled to the bottom and went to web page instead and now when I log in by mobile I don't even get the option for the new app anymore

DeletedUser

This works either way for me. I can't get on the mobile version either atm so I'm using the old one. It's been looked into though by the devs.