Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser

Discuss the new 2.0 Farming feature here!

Dear players,

We are proud to present the new and improved farming system and the redesigned villages:

The farming system that Grepolis uses in 1.25 is tedious and time consuming. We revisited our farming concepts and decided to improve them for the enjoyment of our players. With the implementation of 2.0, players will be able to collect resources and start the game easier and faster. Let me go into more detail:

Every player can now occupy a certain amount of villages, which is dependent on the level of the senate. At the very beginning the number of occupied villages will be two. To occupy a village at least one unit must be stationed there. Of course villages can be used by more than one player, and the village can distribute resources to all occupants. Once the village is under your control it will generate resource-shipments in regular intervals. To collect your resources you will simply have to click on the village. In addition to that, villages can also store a few resource-shipments to make things easier. It is even possible to demand resources in advance, and once the resource-shipment is ready they will be sent to the players. However, keep the mood of the village in mind as it will drop as a result. The villages can even rise against your troops and kill them if the mood is too low. This will stop the shipments from the village for a small amount of time. The more units occupy the village, the slower the mood will decrease.
Villages can also be upgraded, which provide players with bonuses. For example the maximum amount of resources a shipment can transport can be increased. Villages can also be shared by other alliance members. It is even possible to receive resources form villages that are not occupied by your troops, but are owned by your alliance. However, these resource shipments are very small.

We hoped you enjoyed this article! Our next 2.0 feature will reveal a new God that will aid our players. But who will it be? And what are his powers? Find out soon, with our next 2.0 feature!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I love it! But how do you recall them? Is it like supporting a town? Agora>outside troops>recall all units?

DeletedUser

Awesome! Can't wait for the new god! Probably Hades :p and the whole demanding resource thing is so awesome!

DeletedUser5

I love it! But how do you recall them? Is it like supporting a town? Agora>outside troops>recall all units?

I would assume so, but we don't have details about this as of yet, unless Gordo knows more.

Awesome! Can't wait for the new god! Probably Hades :p and the whole demanding resource thing is so awesome!

That's a bit of an assumption, there are many gods that it could be. This does seem like it should take a bit of the work out of farming.

DeletedUser

Sounds good. We'll see it ingame. And it's more in the spirit of ancient Greece, where cities payed taxes. They did not attack the city every time they wanted taxes.

Anyway, creative thinking. Congrats to Grepolis team.

DeletedUser8362

I looove this idea... Will the max resources be the same - 6k resources in total.

DeletedUser

Are the Developers removing the 15% maximum strength increase per block of troops sent?

That would definately appear to be the simplest solution to the tedium of farming

Currently you have to send 4 lots of troops to get the strength from 50% to 100%

DeletedUser

Did you even read the text?

The farming system will change completely and seemingly will no longer be dependant on having to actually attack the villages each time.

DeletedUser13405

I'm not crazy about the new system, since it is based upon the Senate level and requires you to station troops in the villages. You will have significantly less troops for your armies.

Currently, you can get away with a lower level Senate (say 16). You build it up to get the super buildings, then demolish to free up population. Keeping the Senate at Level 25, rather than at Level 16 (for example) costs 60 population. Combine that with having to station troops in the villages and you are talking about MUCH less troops available for fighting.

Secondly, the choice of left-side super building is still debateable between lighthouse, baths, theater or library. It tends to favor baths, but you can rationalize building lighthouse or theater (and perhaps even library). With the farming 2.0 system, there really is no choice. Everything gears toward baths to try and make up the troops lost by needing a higher Senate and stationing troops. I think the lack of choice takes away from the game.

No offense, but I'd rather keep it the same, unless there is additional population granted along with this new update. I hope I'm missing something.

DeletedUser809

It sounds good. Anything that makes farming less tedious and time consuming is welcome. My only question about this farming system is are we going to be able to kill the troops occupying these villages and start fights over them with rival alliances or players on the island?

As for the new god, I hope there will be another flying mythical unit added. They really do add an interesting set of tactics to the game.

DeletedUser

Seems to be lovely! It makes more sense to keep the village under your "control" rather than attacking it tyranically.

:D Let's hope it meets the inital expectations!

DeletedUser

I'm not crazy about the new system, since it is based upon the Senate level and requires you to station troops in the villages. You will have significantly less troops for your armies.

Currently, you can get away with a lower level Senate (say 16). You build it up to get the super buildings, then demolish to free up population. Keeping the Senate at Level 25, rather than at Level 16 (for example) costs 60 population. Combine that with having to station troops in the villages and you are talking about MUCH less troops available for fighting.

No offense, but I'd rather keep it the same, unless there is additional population granted along with this new update. I hope I'm missing something.

The lost population will be a minimal issue as everyone will be farming and losing similar amounts. That's my theory anyway. Overall I love this idea. It's going to take some fiddling to figure out everything but its a great concept. Can't wait to try it in practice.

DeletedUser6983

I have read and re-read, but i still dont understand how to use it. I will figure it out once it comes

DeletedUser

A further clarifiacation was given by the CM over in the German Forum. Once you have sent your troops there, they cannot be recalled. They are stationed there permanently, unless killed off by the villagers in an uprising against you.

@123KOAN: For following is for illustrative puposes only, not actual numbers. If you station 1 swordsman in 3 villages you will get 1 point of wood sent to your city every so often from those villages. 2 swordsman will keep the mood from dropping rapidly. This can be modified by upgrading the village so that those same 3 villages will now send 2 points of wood, presuming you have built your Senate up to a high enough level to occupy 3 villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

A further clarifiacation was given by the CM over in the German Forum. Once you have sent your troops there, they cannot be recalled. They are stationed there permanently, unless killed off by the villagers in an uprising against you.

Wait so do we get back Pop or is it like a permenant investment of troops there that use up farm space?? if we dont get back the Pop space, i think this may potentially be worse than the current method of farming from what i understand about it so far.