Grepolis 2.0: The Attack Planner Discussion

DeletedUser

Discuss the new 2.0 feature, the attack planner, below:

Dear Players and Forum Goers,

As the 2.0 update is expanding the aspects of Grepolis in every possible way, we would like to expand the premium side of the game as well. We would like to introduce: the Attack planner. This feature will aid you with (you guessed right) planning your attacks, and coordinating with your alliance. This feature will be opened when you activate the captain.
Players may display their attack plans to the entire alliance, or can keep them confidential. Selected plans may be viewed by all his/her alliance members. Unselected plans will only be visible by the players themselves. Targets (enemy cities), can be marked and will be added to a list. The distance (time) between all your towns and your targets are calculated and displayed, based on the speed of your armies. Different targets can be assigned to selected cities.

The Attack planner lists all the players’ cities, attack units and attack arrival times. All the cities are then listed in the correct order in which the attacks must be launched, so the attacks arrive simultaneously. A very helpful feature if you attack one target with multiple cities. Before an attack should be launched, a pop-up window will remind the player to send the attack. To clarify, this system is not automatic. The player must physically click on “attack” to launch it. The new premium feature will increase your effectiveness and timing during your offensive maneuvers.

Screen shots (from German version):
angriffsplaner1.png

angriffsplaner2.png

We hope you enjoyed this feature. The next Grepolis 2.0 features are: The improved interface and the graphical changes.

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team (D)

DeletedUser

Looks fantastic.

Very well done guys.

I suppose we are still in the dark with regard to the release of 2.0 ?

~ Heph

DeletedUser

Yea good job and is this going to be released in a week,month,a year?

DeletedUser

This Looks like a really handy feature, well done Grepoteam:)

In my opinion it evens odds a bit between big experienced players and newbies, and should make the game more fun;)

DeletedUser

Sounds good, but will it also be sharable with certain players? Sharing with the whole alliance will make it a much easier for possible spies to find out about the attacks.

+ If you have multiple alliance branches, will it be able to share with other alliance too?

DeletedUser

Sounds really bad (premium part) :(
It somehow requires premium now, this was different on the béta server.

DeletedUser

I think it's a fantastic addition since you can time your attacks anyway but it just makes life a little easier for the big premium players out there.

DeletedUser

definitely good for syncing attacks with members and gonna be a bad spy tool :D

DeletedUser

Looks amazing. I assume the "Attack" button will appear in the same overview screen? Or would I have to switch pages really quick? So Alliance members can log in a few minutes earlier and wait for the timer to enable the "Attack" button?

I'm just thinking...

DeletedUser

Looks amazing. I assume the "Attack" button will appear in the same overview screen? Or would I have to switch pages really quick? So Alliance members can log in a few minutes earlier and wait for the timer to enable the "Attack" button?

I'm just thinking...

You have to launch attacks manually, like any other attack.

DeletedUser

It stinks that you have to have a premium to access it. You should be able to access it on the wiki.

DeletedUser

I thought that attack planer are for all players not just premium!
Or it is just so for testing purposes!

DeletedUser

I thought that attack planer are for all players not just premium!
Or it is just so for testing purposes!

is is free for all on the béta server for testing purposes indeed. On the 'normal' servers you will need to have the Captain.

DeletedUser

how does it work with Anti-Timing mechanism? I guess it will just calculate things with the Estimated travel time?

DeletedUser4013

From what it looks like, the Attack Timer will take into account the anti-timing mechanism. So this should help players (read: ALL PLAYERS) launch successful conquests/revolts

DeletedUser14226

idk if this is good or not..
People used to take time to plans their attacks, which proves that they are dedicated to the game, and also, that is a no-brainer guy. They know how and when to execute attacks, and that's how we know he's a good player or not.
And now you guys create a tool that enables everyone to attack and defend like a pro! well, it aint good to me and most people else.
If it's available to evryone, it's OK. But in fact, only captain, or would I say, gold will activate that tool. So if somebody who plays with his own skills and dedication, he is worse than a player who relies on Attack Planner and Gold? Unacceptable.
I think all you guys have to do, is, fix the delay time when u send attacks. That's all I need.
Feel free to keep your Attack Planner, but trust me, you are creating nothing but irritation to many people.

DeletedUser

I will appreciate this tool since timing 45 cities to hit one target within 10 seconds when the attack times range from 20 hours to 30 minutes gets a little bit tedious after a while.