Grepolis 2.0: The Attack Planner Discussion

DeletedUser10837

To me this tool sounds like it will detract a lot from the strategy and skill of the game.

DeletedUser4013

Guys, you do realize that even if you use premium you don't have to use this attack planner. Or even if you do, you can use it to double check that the times you've worked out are correct. This has advantages for noobs and pros alike, you just have to look at it from every angle.

DeletedUser

From what it looks like, the Attack Timer will take into account the anti-timing mechanism. So this should help players (read: ALL PLAYERS) launch successful conquests/revolts

...if that is true I am very very happy. The over/under factor on arrival times was driving me crazy.

DeletedUser

Sorry I disagree if you are a "pro" you don't need to double check your times you know what you are doing. It appears grepo is turning in to a land of .. if you can't play... just pay!

If your a pro you should be able to survive without activating the premium + you kinda have this in the adminstrator where you can see your commands. If you activate adminstrator its nearly the same. Either way i personally think you can manage without using the attack planner but its your own to choice to activate it if you want it. Also Innogames need to make their money from somewhere.

DeletedUser

i make my own attack plans in excel. this would only make it easier. non-premium users can still make attack plans in excel.. and post screenshots on the forums.

DeletedUser

it does not. You have to put in the arrival times and travelling times yourself. there will be a popup of when you have to send your attack, based on the travelling time. You have to take the anti-timing rule in account yourself when you put in the times.

DeletedUser4064

Why is it that when a for-profit company does something for the paying customer, all the cheapskate crybabies come out and complain?

This sounds like an excellent addition to the game. Those of us who pay - and thus let you non-payers have something to play - will enjoy this little advantage. Thanks Grepolis.

DeletedUser

I have been using the attack planner for a while now and it is very frustrating. (I use Mozilla Firefox/3.6.18)
1. Intermittently corrupts the attack time on input, changes to a random day in the past.
2. The reminder is of no use, it does not allow for a think/lead time.
3. It will not capture ghost towns as targets
4. It will only use the forces present in your city at the time you do the planning (who on earth keeps all their forces hanging around their base - they must be out there attacking!)
5. It only allows capture of a target city via the interactive city name input (do you KNOW how many cities there are with names starting with 'Sparta'?)
To be fair, this is also true wherever you try to BBCode a city name

SO ALL IN ALL FAIRLY POOR VALUE FOR MY MONEY

I suggest:
1. a bug fix for the input of attack times
2. a lead time on the attack reminders
3. interactive city name input to accept a town ID (everywhere in the game, and all city info displays to show the town ID)
4. recognize all forces researched in the attacking cities
5. interactive city name input to accept town ID's everywhere in the game, and all city info displays to show the town ID's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I haven't used the attack planner, it sounds like something that could be useful. However, as ElrickII suggests, there appear to be some issues that could be improved... I agree with his suggestions in the previous post.

DeletedUser

Bug to the attack planner??

Today is my 2nd time thar the attack planner did NOT work.

Every order was double checked. 6-7 orders in sum, none of them executed, so I lost the conquering -of course-.

Guys do you know that it does not execute the commands or do you want a detailed information?

DeletedUser

Guys do you know that it does not execute the commands or do you want a detailed information?

planner does not execute the plans automatically. they only give you a notification to send the troops. and notifications arrive just seconds before the planned time...

DeletedUser

Am I correct in inferring that the Attack Planner does not allow the launching of Revolt attacks?

DeletedUser

The attack planner has a major flaw in not be able to show the notifications with some time before launch. What purpose it serves, it serves very bad since many attacks are missed due to the message coming out too late.
Or not coming at all.
Also, if i click on notification, it opens an empty window. I have to manually open attack planner and go to the plan itself.
Some other things that are very annoying include the time set for the attack. IF you try 2 put more towns to attack a target, you have to edit the landing time each time you add a new city. Should there be an option to set a landing time then all attacks have the same date and time.
Another flaw is that adding a town to the list doesn't check for the attack already been added. Add town X to attack town Y, then you can again add town X to attack town Z. Should be a visual information that town X already is part of an attack, otherwise you risk planning 5 clearing ls nukes for each of your targets and later find out that 3 of them have been already launched.

DeletedUser

An annoying flaw in the attack planner: You cannot change the arrival times after the attack has been launched, the planner refuses to do so if that results in a launch time in the past. I understand it tries to avoid creating "wrong" entries, but it would be highly desirable to be able to edit the exact arrival time after an attack/support has been launched, to avoid confusion, particularly when a plan in shared among different users.

DeletedUser10059

I cant' get any of it to work.
I type the name of the city I'm attacking, and nothing happens. Always opens an empty window. Just displays what I typed as a hyperlink, but doesn't link or show any active information, incoming nor outgoing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I paid for this, but I can't use it. These are not instructions, it only explains what they have done.

Need a clearer explanation or video.

A I

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10059

I cant' get any of it to work.
I typethe name of the city I'm attacking, and nothing happens. Just displays what I typed as a hyperlink, but doesn't link or show any active information, incoming nor outgoing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I paid for this, and I can't use it. These are not instructions, just explaning what you have.

Need a clearer explanation or video.

A I

DeletedUser

And another thing, how can other players see the planner after you give them Authorization? Ive given Authorization to my alliance but cant figure out how to check it...