Inactive Topic Grepolis app for windows phones

DeletedUser

Grepolis app for windows phones

Proposal: As the title suggests, I propose to implement the Grepolis app for windows phones.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? I have no clue what the 'DNS' and 'PSI' are. I'm just here trying to contribute to a better Grepolis for all windows phone using customers. I'm sorry if this idea has been proposed before, I couldn't find it on the active threads in the forum and, according to me and hopfully more windows phone users, it deserves attention.

Reason: Grepolis customers that use a windows phone, and thus can not use the Grepolis app, have a huge disadvantage compared to other customers that can use the Grepolis app on their phone. For example they are alarmed on incomming attacks, not to mention that they can acces their account wherever and whenever they want. While windows phone users can not.

Details: Innogames would have to implement an app for windows phone users just like they did with the current available apps.

Visual Aids: -

Balance: The only change I can see is a more balanced and fair game for all windows phone users.

Abuse Prevention: -

Summary: -

DeletedUser35431

I like it! +1 for me!

'DNS' and 'PSI' stand for DO NOT SUGGEST and PREVIOUSLY SUGGESTED IDEAS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

although it has been asked multiple times in multiple places. and i think inno have answered, userbase for windows phones very low (like 7%) v development costs. Although no doubt windows phones will now see an update since the nokia deal

DeletedUser

Fact that this proposal keeps popping up means there is a considerable amount of customers that are handicapped due to the lacking of an app.

I can understand that the amount of windows phone users is perhaps 7% of the current Grepolis players, however see it as an investment, you'd only have to implement this app once. All future windows phone users would benefit from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

actually, overall market share for windows phone is around 3.5% i overestimated.
But it has been suggested a lot, im sure as windows phone market share grows, inno will eventually produce a windows phone version.
but its not a gameplay idea anyway. would be better off in the general forum/developer discussions.

you dont have to implement it once though, you then have to constantly update in line with grepo updates, and also windows updates. TBH the latest android app is useless anyway, i still use grepo toolbox on android.

DeletedUser

The idea is that if you implement an app to make it easier for your customers to make use of your service or product, all of the customers should be able to acces and use the advantages that the app provides.
Right now only a part (even though this is the larger part) of the customers can use the app. Resulting in an disdvantage for users who can not use the app. but are nontheless loyal customers to Grepolis. How is that fair? My point is that if Innogames launches an app (which they did) everyone should be able to use it, and not just a part of the customers.

DeletedUser5819

It is fair in the same way as players without a smartphone can't use the app. It is fair in the same way as players without computer access at work can't use the app - yes, people who drive for a living actually do play Grepolis. I guess it is unfair. Perhaps grepolis shouldn't exist because not everyone has the same access to it.

It would probably be easier for you to buy a more popular phone than for a lorry driver to give up their job.

Rant over.

It is not incumbent on inno to make everything exactly the same for everyone. Broadening player's options for access suits both sides, but it is not a right or a responsibility. It is a business decision. Building an app is a big and time consuming project (read that as expensive) and no doubt if/when there is a good business case for making a windows phone app, it will happen.

And finally, as dimspace says, its not a gameplay idea, so this is the wrong place to discuss it.

DeletedUser

I disagree on your point of view, but of course your entitled to your own opinion.
Personally I don't think it's the same, when a company implements something like an app it shouldn't benefit a few customers that have a specific type of phone. Would be the same if Grepolis would suddenly only work on Packard bell computers.

Your part on this being a business decision is very true, and from that same perspective I still think it's an investment. Attracting more customers, and perhaps even more important, satisfying customers that they already have.

I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong forum, had no clue. If a moderator would be able to move it to the correct section I'd appreciate it.

DeletedUser42857

trouble is where do they stop. do they also support symbian, blackberry, should they support android all the way back to gingerbread, or just ice cream sandwich onwards (and should they support honeycomb). Should they make sure the web version runs ok on internet exploder 7 on a 800x600 monitor?

The trouble is, android and ios dominated about 95% of the market. app development is not cheap and its time consuming. Im sure when it becomes commercially viable to do so inno will create a windows app.

The thing is, inno is a business, and they are here to make money. If they could make money from a WP app, and it was financially viable to do so, they would be doing so (maybe they are) :D

I did read something recently btw that suggested a large percentage of windows phone users also have a second android device, either second phone or tablet. Trouble is, at the moment windows phone users are rather like linux users. yes, its cool, yes you like it, but the market is still (sadly for linux) limited.

DeletedUser38224

I would imagine it doesn't exist, since this thread does.

DeletedUser46865

where is the grepolis app for windows phone, I really need it, please develop it.

DeletedUser18366

Well I do use Windows Phone (8.1 developer preview) so it would personally be a gain for me, but I can understand why inno don't want it. The ios and Android apps did take a long time to develop, and it isn't cheap, especially as inno isn't exactly the biggest company in the world. It would take a lot of time and human resources. The Grepolis mobile launcher didn't work for me last time I used it either, but I guess it's just something you have to accept. Grepolis doesn't need to rule your life...

DeletedUser27700

I think it has more to do with a user base to develop for. ios and android control so much of the market that it might not make financial sense to create the app for windows.
That being said, I am sure they know about this and would make the app for windows if they could/wanted to.

DeletedUser18366

I think it has more to do with a user base to develop for. ios and android control so much of the market that it might not make financial sense to create the app for windows.
That being said, I am sure they know about this and would make the app for windows if they could/wanted to.

Yeah, my original intended point was the first thing you said, somehow I forgot to include it :rolleyes:
Basically, I think that from Innogames' perspective, it's too much effort made and the amount of people actually using it will be tiny compared to ios and Android.

DeletedUser829

It was stated in another thread that Inno was using Adobe CQ, which stream lines to windows phone as well as any other mobile device. it wouldn't be that hard to port it over.

Even if the logic was all written in Java, just IKVM it into a .NET library (IKVM changes the bytecode), and hook that into the Adobe CQ front end. We do this on enterprise healthcare applications without any issues.

Ice, i think you nailed it when you said user base, which is sad because WP destroys it's competitors when you take religion out of the mix. :\

DeletedUser52492

My problem is - I was a Windows Phone untill a month ago and I switched it to stupid primitive android only for that app of Grepolis. Yesterda there was an update and suddenly my LG Stylus S is not compatible!!! Google play isn't even offering grepo app anymore. Yes, it is that bad. I play in one of deadliest oceans ever, Dimale, and without an app I will die. I am No.5 defender there, but without an app it is no go mission.

So, I WANT WINDOWS PHONE APP. DOn't come up with excuses of 7% users and costs. Moldavian IT guys can build it cheap and better as the last android update for this misery.

DeletedUser52492

The serious wish for the developer to launch a Windows Phone is nobody had any answer to that thread. I mean, if they build and launch it I would buy it. I really would. Android is a stupid toy, Iphone is a religion, but Windows phone is what works for me and it is ver much solid platform.

I consider that lack of any interest from the developer's side on that really discriminatory.
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif