Grepolis Cheat(ing/ers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5061

I think Qlander's point is players such as myself who run/lead/apart of top tier alliances full of big players, who can acquire access to some of the biggest accounts on their server by asking their players who have quit for their passwords so they can find someone to takeover the account so the alliance doesn't lose all those city slots etc, If they were to then use the account for themselves to gain substantial amount advantage for themselves or their alliance, these people should be held more accountable than someone ignorant say like mutzzy who's multi-account was called mutzzy reloaded and he was trying get himself banned.

I think the point of the thread is not if but when these players are caught, the level of punishment shouldn't be the same as your typical multi-accounter, it needs to be much harsher, all the accounts caught in the act (including those registered as shared connection) need to be blacklisted on all current servers and future servers for at least a year minimum. Everyone desrves a second chance but if these players want to carry on playing grepo then they need to rebuild their rep back from zero under a new name.

Why? because these players can kill of their competition, change the outcomes of wars and if their alliance is bigger enough then the landscape of an entire server.

I give you an example, here are three players from my team who recently quit:

jpindseth
stabbed
Alpertos

...between them they have 50 city slots, now I don't want to give any lamers ideas but I could use these accounts to give myself 100k+ ABP per week (easy) take huge lead over those who compete with me in ABP raks thus killing any competition on a individual level.

I can also use these 50 city slots to take all the small 2-5k cities of my members and to free up their city slots to take all those 9k+ plus ghost town just laying around or to free up city slots for my player big players before going into a big war and lock their cities under VM till they are ready to take them back after the war is over, unless you fully understand this game and have been in big wars yourself, you wouldn't fully understand the advantage of having those three extra open slots you didn't have to work hard for brings going into a war.

Like spider man's gran says with great power comes great responsibility, those in such positions like myself need to be responsible, those who aint should at the very leat have a little stigma attached to their names to show for it and so should the people who hand these people their passwords.

I am going now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17157

Here's my take on it.

If someone is the leader of a large alliance, he has a large account himself. If he decides to assume control of other accounts, he will be caught. Someone who's playing a couple of 1500 point accounts might be able to fly under the radar, but not someone who's handling half million pointers. When he is caught, his largest account then becomes in serious jeopardy. For a first time offense, the largest account is banned for five days and then can be played again. For a second time offense, the smallest account is the one that he gets to keep. The largest one is permanently banned.

If there are several players involved, the stakes are even higher. First time co-playing offense carries a 5 day attackable penalty. Second time offense means a permanent ban of all accounts.

Those are serious punishments for large account holders. Sufficiently serious that no special punishments need to be brought into play for the scenario that you're pointing out, Daizan.

DeletedUser

I think Qlander's point is players such as myself who run/lead/apart of top tier alliances full of big players, who can acquire access to some of the biggest accounts on the server by asking their players who have quit for their passwords so they can find someone to takeover the account so the alliance doesn't lose all those city slots etc, If they were to then use the account for themselves to gain substantial amount advantage for themselves or their alliance, these people should be held more accountable than someone ignorant say like mutzzy who's multi-account was called mutzzy reloaded and he was trying get himself banned.

I think the point of the thread is if and when these players are caught, the level of punishment shouldn't be the same as your typical multi-accounter, it needs to be much harsher, all the accounts caught in the act (including those registered as shared connection) need to be blacklisted on all current servers and future servers for at least a year minimum. Everyone desrves a second chance but if these players want to carry on playing grepo then they need to rebuild their rep back from zero under a new name.

Why? because these players can kill their competition, change the outcomes of wars and if their alliance is bigger enough then the landscape of an entire server.

I give you an example, here are three players from my team who recently quit:

jpindseth
stabbed
Alpertos

...between them they have 50 city slots, now I don't want to give any lamers ideas but I could use these accounts to give myself 100k+ ABP per week (easy) take huge lead over those who compete with me in ABP raks thus killing any competition on a individual level. I can also use these accounts to take all the small cities of my members and to free up their city slots to take all those 9k+ plus ghost town just laying around or to free up city slots for my player big players before going into a big war and lock their cities under VM till they are ready to take them back after the war is over, unless you fully understand this game and have been in big wars yourself, you wouldn't fully understand the advantage of having those three extra open slots you didn't have to work hard for brings going into a war.

Like spider man's gran says with great power comes great responsibility, those in such positions like myself need to be responsible, those who aint should have a little stigma attached to their names to show for it, so should the people who hand these people their passwords.

I am going now

Ok I can agree with this and having some level of punishments, however you would be making the mods make more of a judgement than they already do so that would be the down side.

I agree though, I know of players who started alliance at the begining of the world and got no.1 ranked alliance cos they were all mulit-accounting. Having 2 accounts early on in the game has massive advantage, especially if the alliance is full of them.

DeletedUser13405

Here's my take on it.

If someone is the leader of a large alliance, he has a large account himself. If he decides to assume control of other accounts, he will be caught. Someone who's playing a couple of 1500 point accounts might be able to fly under the radar, but not someone who's handling half million pointers. When he is caught, his largest account then becomes in serious jeopardy. For a first time offense, the largest account is banned for five days and then can be played again. For a second time offense, the smallest account is the one that he gets to keep. The largest one is permanently banned.

If there are several players involved, the stakes are even higher. First time co-playing offense carries a 5 day attackable penalty. Second time offense means a permanent ban of all accounts.

Those are serious punishments for large account holders. Sufficiently serious that no special punishments need to be brought into play for the scenario that you're pointing out, Daizan.

See, thats the problem. Why only a 5 day ban? Hell, if he or she is multi-accounting that much a 5 day ban isn't a punishment, its a vacation! And can they be attacked in that 5 day period? Do YOU or any other players know they are "banned" and won't retaliate, so you attack freely? Or can they retaliate with one of the other accounts?

Multi-accounting should result in a permanent ban...period, IMHO. If someone gave an individual enough trust to give up their account, abuse of that trust should be severely punished. Ban any accounts found being played by a single player. Apply that standard to anyone with "leader" or "founder" status in an alliance.

Or, if you find that too harsh, change the color of the cities in all of the leader/founder's accounts on the map to blinking pink neon , signifying at least a month ban. The blinking pink neon is the all clear attack signal for everyone else. After the month is over the person can come back and play whatever is left of the original account. The other accounts go ghost. You also lose the ability to be designated as "leader" or "founder" in any alliance for at least 6 months.

Those are actually penalties.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is outrageous, how would you know that there multi-accounting, some people and alliances coordinate attacks, they are actually good at the game, just beacuse you get mass attacked does not mean it is by one person. People use skype, in-game chat and PM to coordinate attacks, believe it or not alliances and freinds will help you conquer!!!

Saying the mods lets this happen is plain, obviously stupid, Most of the mods play the game, they enjoy, it, they don't get payed, they do there work so that the game can run, and they know is to much cheating and hacking happens people will stop playing, and beacuse this is community game, the game will become boring. The mods are not stupid. They are not greedy little kids who need money for gold, they have/had jobs they have money(If they didn't there wouldn't be on the internet). SIGMs, and purple will be able to tell by the way to talk and what you have done previously, and thats the reason idiots who would abuse being a mod, don't become mods...

If you see an alliance and everyones name is for example: FluffyJoe1, FluffyJoe2, FluffyJoe3, etc. you have a pretty good idea.

DeletedUser

If you see an alliance and everyones name is for example: FluffyJoe1, FluffyJoe2, FluffyJoe3, etc. you have a pretty good idea.
it gives you an idea, but that idea is not necessarily correct... i could easily go to daizan and MoppyO and 10 others (or more) and say "hey on the next world lets make an alliance called 'The IRS' and all name ourselves 'taxman01', 'taxmanO1', 'taxman02', etc"

then there would be an alliance of people with pretty much the same name but all different people who are NOT cheating ;)

DeletedUser

listen to the mods and don't dis them they know what they are doing

and that is why there is a report button

DeletedUser

it gives you an idea, but that idea is not necessarily correct... i could easily go to daizan and MoppyO and 10 others (or more) and say "hey on the next world lets make an alliance called 'The IRS' and all name ourselves 'taxman01', 'taxmanO1', 'taxman02', etc"

then there would be an alliance of people with pretty much the same name but all different people who are NOT cheating ;)
1.daizan doesnt like u,i know 4 sure.:)
2.no one who want to cheat will not have 2 accounts(or more) with similar names.

DeletedUser

1.daizan doesnt like u,i know 4 sure.:)
2.no one who want to cheat will not have 2 accounts(or more) with similar names.
1. daizan doesn't like anybody (except maybe xxmaidenxx) so nothing new there, and it doesn't mean he wouldn't be in a premade with me :p i was using it as an example anyway.
2. yeah, just an example.

i was gonna say daizan and mutzzy in my example premade, lucky i changed it to moppy or you might have had to make 3 points! heheh

DeletedUser

1. daizan doesn't like anybody (except maybe xxmaidenxx) so nothing new there, and it doesn't mean he wouldn't be in a premade with me :p i was using it as an example anyway.
2. yeah, just an example.

i was gonna say daizan and mutzzy in my example premade, lucky i changed it to moppy or you might have had to make 3 points! heheh
i play with u.but i want dai too.even valz.im not really a bad man,but i have a huge pleasure to annoy peoples.

DeletedUser4013

I am going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that can be added to this discussion to change the views of many who are posting in it. As Gordopolis stated in his post, PM him or send him a support ticket should you have any concerns over this.

CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.