Closed Grepolis Crossword Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi there folks,
A new competition for the forums, this one will test not only your knowledge of the game, but also of greek mythology, knowledge of the forum and also a bit of movie trivia!

6yQpi.png
6yQqV.png

If you want to print it off or see a larger version, here it is as a pdf- https://crosswordlabs.com/pdf/grepolis-crossword-comp

You will have 3 days to try and work out the answers (i'd recommend printing it off so that you can fill it in, it'll help when trying to get some of the trickier ones).

Some of them are hard and as such, I will post up a few clues every now and then if people are getting stuck.

All of the people who successfully complete the crossword will go into a random name picker, the first three names to be picked will get 200 gold each.

You may post comments and questions here, if there are any that nobody is getting, I will post a hint.
Please do not post answers up as that will ruin it for everyone else, if you post answers you will be disqualified form entering.

When you think you have all of the answers sorted, post them in this thread in a list like the clues, with all of the across first, and then the downs (no one else will see them, this is a moderated thread :))
E.g.
3A- Zeus
8A- Agora
11A- Hoplites
etc
1D- Temple
2D- Harbour
etc

Prizes-
200 gold to the first three names that the random name selector produces.

Starts- Thursday 30th January at 21:00
Ends- Sunday 2nd February at 21:00
NEW DEADLINE:
Tuesday 4th at 21:00
(GMT +1)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please spread the word to your in-game alliance mates.
See if they want to try their hand at it.

DeletedUser

Even if you don't think you have 100% correct, please submit your answers anyway!
If anything, it makes me chuckle.

But if no one gets it 100% correct, the top 5 people who do the best will get put into the random name selector.

Clue hunters, click here.

DeletedUser

Ok folks, i'm going to extend the deadline.
If any of you are struggling, send me a PM. I will give you a clue for one, and only one, answer. :)

New deadline- Tuesday 4th Feb at 21:00 GMT +1

DeletedUser

Hi there folks,
The crossword remains un-beaten!
We've had a 22/25, a 24/25, an 8/25... Several people were close.

Due to you lot not being up to the challenge (with some admittedly dodgy clues from me here :D)), we have simply given prizes for top two.

Congratulations to afridy48 for getting 24/25, our closes set of answers.

2nd place goes to qubitsized with 21/25.

Here is the full list of answers:
4A- persianwar
5A- infraction
6A- rebalancing
8A- NAPs
11A- moderators
14A- war
17A- spam
19A- innogames
20A- richard
22A- poseidon
23A- farm
24A- silver

1D- bugs
2D- hera
3D- reservation
6D- reputation
7D- athens
9D- harbour
10D- postcount
12D- slinger
13D- support
15D- alliance
16D- betatest
18D- leonidas
21D- ideas

I know that several people had issues with the forum ones, however I wanted it to be a challenge!

Thank you to all who took part. The winners will receive their gold soon.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.