Tool Grepolis map builder -- Self-updating maps

DeletedUser

Hello guys,

I would like to present a new map making tool: Grepolis Map Builder (http://en.maps.grepo-tool.com)

Its purpose is to generate links to self-updating images of user created maps. You can put those link on forums in IMG bb-codes the same way you put any image form imageshack or other image-hosting sites..

Anyway, there are a few things to mention:

-- It isn't done yet... So I would really like to know your opinions, any bugs you might find (no IE6 bugs please) or any suggestion you may have.

-- Since it isn't done yet there might be some problems with a few browsers. If it doesn't work with your browser just let me know about it in this topic and try another one. If your browser is Internet Explorer 6 just change it..

-- There are a few futures missing. It will be possible to select the size of a mark and to give it a glow-effect.

-- And this is the saddest one. This is just a test-run for .net. This tool was mainly created for the romanian comunity. If it will be technically possible to support .net maps we'll gladly let an english version for .net online. But if we'll have technical difficulties then we'll unfortunately have to close the english version down (already generated maps by that time will still update).

Have a nice day/night everyone!

LE: Here's a small example of a XI map (click the image to see the setting used to create it):

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very good tool, but some problems are that when you choose a colour for something, you can't exit that colour window

DeletedUser

A very nice tool, wouldn't mind seeing the Beta worlds included at some point in the future.

DeletedUser

I can put beta worlds 1 and 2 online if it helps... World 3 (Grepolis 2.0) contains new islands for which I don't know the towns offsets yet..

DeletedUser

Fantastic work there. Though one teenee tiny thing, change Omnicron to Omicron. :p

When I get out of this 24 hour wait for repping I will + rep you!!

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now build self-updating customized maps for Grepolis 2.0 worlds Rho and Sigma.

There may still be a few towns misplaced or some may even appear floating but these will get fixed soon. Anyway, if you do manage to find such a town please e-mail me or reply in this thread.

Have fun!

DeletedUser

Hey Smokey, superb tool and a great idea.

Can I ask, is there any plan to format it with the new islands so that this can be used on the newest 2.0 worlds; Tau and Upsilon?

DeletedUser

Tau and Upsilon were added earlier today. Thanks for the notice.
There might still be some minor errors on the map (mostly with the initial uninhabited islands) and I'm sorry for that. When I'll have the time and mood I'll fix all of those glitches.

DeletedUser

Absolutely amazing, but I am havign trouble with the colour. It is always black. Can't do anythign except black. :(

DeletedUser

Doesn't a pop-up with a slider open when you click on the (initially) black box or in the color text field?

If it doesn't can you please tell me what browser are you using?

DeletedUser

Doesn't a pop-up with a slider open when you click on the (initially) black box or in the color text field?

If it doesn't can you please tell me what browser are you using?

yes, the thing does pop up, and I can move the ouer ring slider around, but I can't move the sliver in in square.It stays in the black bit in the bottom right. I use IE and I'm on Windows 7.

DeletedUser

Hmmm.. I've tried this in both IE8 and IE9... So far it works for me if it's not in compatibility view and IE8 does a weird thing... It requires you to actually slide (keep the left mouse button down while moving the mouse) in order to move the "target" to the desired color as oposed to being able to just click on the desired location...

If sliding doesn't work... Can you please give me your exact user agent so I can try and replicate your problem?

DeletedUser

how soon after a world's release will the tool be able to make maps for said world?
Also, love the maps! :)

THanks
T

DeletedUser

Any chance we can get this available for Corinth some time soon? :)