Grepolis update error 14th dec 2011

DeletedUser15217

Everything I try to do on CHI the damned eggtimer just keeps going around and I cant get anything done

DeletedUser

I had this issue for a good while last night. 'Internal Error' - I think it's disgusting the level of professionalism in inno lately, I mean I used to be okay with bugs, but now it seems like they update for the hell of it and don't seem to care if it's buggy... I think it's about time they run thorough checks.

DeletedUser

I'm tired of getting "Response Error" every 2 min, it is impossible to play now. And to the mods please do not tell me to clear cache anymore I'm sick of doing it, IT DOES NOT HELP!

DeletedUser

Dates and times for the update were published in announcements, as were the delays expected.

I disagree that users were kept up to date on the delays. For example, as I log onto Grepolis I pass through a forum window of announcements. There it stated that 2.0 worlds were to be upgraded to release 2.16 on Dec 8th. As that date came and went, I presumed the change took effect without incident. However on Dec 14th, the 2.0 world I play in was updated and suffered problems. Where was this Dec 14th update announced?

The releases were tested before it went live.

The number and severity of the encountered problems speak directly to the quality of the testing.

I think a simple "update your browser" is a perfectly professional, positive and logical response to an issue if it is going to solve 95% of the problems encountered.

Did we solve 95% of the problems with that advice? Isn’t it true that NONE of the reported problems in this thread are resolved by a browser upgrade or switch away from IE7 ? My issue with such advice is that it is rendered without actual understanding of the problem. We might as well as taken two reboots and called you in the morning.

DeletedUser

I disagree that users were kept up to date on the delays. For example, as I log onto Grepolis I pass through a forum window of announcements. There it stated that 2.0 worlds were to be upgraded to release 2.16 on Dec 8th. As that date came and went, I presumed the change took effect without incident. However on Dec 14th, the 2.0 world I play in was updated and suffered problems. Where was this Dec 14th update announced?

Maybe look at this post, all the information is in their http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=29285

Did we solve 95% of the problems with that advice? Isn’t it true that NONE of the reported problems in this thread are resolved by a browser upgrade or switch away from IE7 ? My issue with such advice is that it is rendered without actual understanding of the problem. We might as well as taken two reboots and called you in the morning.

Well as you have no access to the support tools you have no idea what issues are reported. We have countless tickets since the upgrade which nearly all have been solved by upgrading form IE6 and IE7.

The two main issues above were fixed within hours of being reported, that was the display issue within IE, and an issue with loading Corinth.

Next time you try and be smart maybe you should think about what limited information is available to you and don't assume you know the rest.

DeletedUser

I have a error when signing in on IE9, it loads the server screen, but when I select one it reloads the login screen like I never did login, tried to connect to the en18 and 29 servers with the same thing.