Grepomlympia - DURING WORLD WONDER

• Thread starter DeletedUser49011
  • Start date

DeletedUser49011

Honestly, this is pissing me off!

Now WW can finally be won thanks to gold! Innogames does not care about teamplay, coordination and dedication anymore. Use gold, get laurels, boost and win...

Please, please tell me i am not the only who's pissed about this?

From January 8, 10:00am server time, until January 20, you can participate in four different winter sports disciplines, with each challenge focusing on different strengths of your athletes. Strategy is just as important as frequent training to become the best athlete in each discipline and help your alliance score the highest in the leaderboards!
Every time you participate in one of the four competitions, Shield Luge, Biathlon, Figure Skating or Ski Jumping, you will be rewarded with laurels. Laurels can be exchanged for valuable items in the event shop.
But that's not all yet, Winter Grepolympia is all about team spirit! You can earn even more valuable rewards in cooperation with your alliance. Have your alliance’s most successful 10 winter athletes score the best average result for a discipline and gain powerful bonuses for your whole alliance!

Don’t miss this new take on our beloved event and make sure to join the competition before the event ends on January 20, 10:00am server time!

More information on the event can be found on our wiki.

See you in-game for a frosty competition!

Your Grepolis team

Honestly, this is pissing me off!

Now WW can finally be won thanks to gold! Innogames does not care about teamplay, coordination and dedication anymore. Use gold, get laurels, boost and win...

Please, please tell me i am not the only who's pissed about this?

From January 8, 10:00am server time, until January 20, you can participate in four different winter sports disciplines, with each challenge focusing on different strengths of your athletes. Strategy is just as important as frequent training to become the best athlete in each discipline and help your alliance score the highest in the leaderboards!
Every time you participate in one of the four competitions, Shield Luge, Biathlon, Figure Skating or Ski Jumping, you will be rewarded with laurels. Laurels can be exchanged for valuable items in the event shop.
But that's not all yet, Winter Grepolympia is all about team spirit! You can earn even more valuable rewards in cooperation with your alliance. Have your alliance’s most successful 10 winter athletes score the best average result for a discipline and gain powerful bonuses for your whole alliance!

Don’t miss this new take on our beloved event and make sure to join the competition before the event ends on January 20, 10:00am server time!

More information on the event can be found on our wiki.

See you in-game for a frosty competition!

Your Grepolis team
TOTALLY AGREE

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
Events go across all servers, and not all servers are in WW at the same time. It seems we have a lot more frequent events than when I started playing four years ago, but at that time WW lasted a lot longer, so either way there is bound to be an event. My first WW was during the Artemesia event, which was TERRIBLE timing. We constantly had people going after the prize instead of focusing on WW.

My comment about the Grepolympics (and Pandora's Box) is that I don't like this trend of event rewards being earned for cannibalizing troops. If there are events, they should reward actual game-related skills of fighting, defending, and even building or trading. But I just can't get behind this building a bunch of useless troops just to kill them off, and then having no troops for actual game objectives (like war or WW).

DeletedUser48582

In my mind Inno should disable events during WW... but sqeezing the last dollars out of their customers seems to be priority no 1 for them before the game dies completely.

Was it in december where one event ended and 4-5 days after a new one started?

Pathetic business model in my eyes.

DeletedUser51435

As for business model Inno Games is doing exactly what they need to do. Inno Games is an OTC stock that in October 2016 a Company called Modern Times Group acquired 35% of Inno as an investment with an option to buy 51%. Once a large investor comes in Inno Games must expand and grow with the biggest growth area being the mobile gaming market and that is not cheap. Gaming publishers like Inno must come up with new product or they die. Expanding takes Investors like MTG to grow but Inno must expand their rate of return on capital and that means raising money from mature products like Grepolis.

This is a very straight forward business model and should have been expected the moment MTG invested in 2016 and a lot of long term players I knew at the time left the game. That was very easy to see happening.

Can you over price a product beyond value ... yes you can. Have we reached that, most likely not as there are games that are far more expensive. I will say however that I have noticed that servers are less crowded than they were in the past.