Hades Portal Event

DeletedUser

It's a non-premium event, so of course it won't be anything exciting. They put up awesome, much too OP rewards when they know people will spend their gold to get them. Why bother if no one is going to be spending gold.

This looks like an intern's afternoon worth of work. Good job again, Inno.

DeletedUser37468

Any of the premium events could be easily adapted to being non premium...with a little bit of the flare and imagination that has been used for the more spurious and the more ingenious additions made to the game

The Hades Portal...following on from recent distasters...was a blatent attempt to appease those of us who would really like a more level playing field in regard to premium and non premium events and activities

Sadly...it has failed as it has come over as a second thought, peace meal event thrown out to placate rather than to entertain

With the braincells that lie behind the game more was understandably expected...so unfortunately its brickbats once again and no bouquets (or cigars)....you developers have the brains and the imagination...start using it to entice people and not push them away otherwise those same braincells will inevitably become redundant

Sorry but that non premium event was not as intricate or entertaining as it should / could have been

D- (must try harder)

DeletedUser48254

Any chance this is a test run and that the portal will be a new special building (without the end bonus) to replace say... the Library?

DeletedUser

am i the only one who thought that you need to destroy it 6 times and that each time you get 1 population card? lol
it didnt make sense to me that in couple hours i finished the event so i destroyed it thinking ill get 1 card and then it will start again until i get all the 6.
other wise, why would anyone want to destroy it so soon?? you can keep sending the troops and gain silver+favors even after getting all 6 stones.
i think there should have been a warning message telling you that you can keep using the portal and asking if you sure you want to destroy it ahead of time.
dont you guys agree? im really pi**ed for destroying it after only couple hours. i probably lost over 100,000 silver coins and 2000 favors because of that

DeletedUser

Sorry but that non premium event was not as intricate or entertaining as it should / could have been

D- (must try harder)

It's basically a 5-minute demand for a little favour and a little silver.

@ igapolis: nope, same thing happened to a few of our players. They destroyed the portal too. Collected all the stones after a few hours already, just with the 5-min option. They didn't realize there was REALLY that little to it..

Rachel.L

Phrourach
so did anyone try to use the portal as a PORTAL, put troops in from one city, get them out another?

i am using up troops in one place, trying to get silver and favor in others. portal had no problem as long as i sacrificed the returning troops, i.e. 0 pop. but when i have pop left, figure the returning troops should show up wherever i open the portal if pop is available. but not so, not only eats the troops but doesn't give me my favor or silver. did i just break the event?

DeletedUser

so did anyone try to use the portal as a PORTAL, put troops in from one city, get them out another?

i am using up troops in one place, trying to get silver and favor in others. portal had no problem as long as i sacrificed the returning troops, i.e. 0 pop. but when i have pop left, figure the returning troops should show up wherever i open the portal if pop is available. but not so, not only eats the troops but doesn't give me my favor or silver. did i just break the event?

You can't use it as a portal to travel between cities. But you can collect the little reward if succesful in a different city by claiming the prize there instead of the city you used to put the troops in.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
what i thought and mostly worked except the one city in which i had free pop
could just be a glitch
thanks, brandr

Rachel.L

Phrourach
that would be an awesome twist
it would really change things, esp those in ww era
or imagine sniping a cs via the portal
so may scenarios

DeletedUser36085

The chances of getting a Hades stone should have been much lower, imo.

DeletedUser43367

There's no skill involved, it's just click, gain reward. Anyway, if we fail to destroy the portal do any nasties actually emerge, or is this another scare tactic concocted by the remain campaign?

It would be kinda crazy if something emerged and took hold of your own city which you then had to defeat, using tactic and skill

DeletedUser36085

There's no skill involved, it's just click, gain reward. Anyway, if we fail to destroy the portal do any nasties actually emerge, or is this another scare tactic concocted by the remain campaign?

It would be kinda crazy if something emerged and took hold of your own city which you then had to defeat, using tactic and skill

Sounds like it: "You don't know what creatures might step out of it. Destroy it to protect your population!" Only we will never know, as we can get all the stones in just a few hours of semi-active participation.

DeletedUser

I just destroyed the portal because I really can't be bothered with this event.

And look and behold, I got TWO awards for destroying the portal. Inno - bug free since '93. I mean... wait. What.

DeletedUser36697

The event hasn't run yet..and you are complaining... the least you could do is play the event and then complain....
That might add some credibility to your ing

Well arsespearer8, I agree with you and others wrt to quality and the excitement of this event? It bites... guess I will send the 4hr.30 trip until the end and use the short trips to fill in if required...

little skill or decision making required to do this event.....
duhumb me down some-more plse.

DeletedUser37468

The psychotic mermaid was better...she popped up all over the place when you least expected it.....

The Hades Portal was too static, too easy....there was no imagination behind it..."Oh the customers want a non premium event...YAWN!...let's give them this to play with for 5 minutes, they'll soon be screaming for premium again, you'll see ;)"

With the wealth of imaginative forces at work at Inno, they should have been able to conjure up something alot more magical, exciting and fun........not asking for full on Walt Disney....just something a little more imaginative than a static hole in the sea and nothing to fight off or against to reach the prizes...and still make it non-premium (like the Grepolympics or something like that)

DeletedUser37468

Sitting here thunking.......having a new random prize for each of the 6 stones found then a bigger prize for all 6 being found might have been good....

Stones not found in any particular order, prizes thus :

Stone 1 : 50 pegs
Stone 2 : 100 chariots
Stone 3 : 200 slingers
Stone 4 : 150 swords + 150 archers
Stone 5 : 100 manties
Stone 6 : 100 harpies + 8 hours happiness spell + 100 hoplites

Gaining all 6 stones : 300 population expansion + double BP x 10 cities

Just an idea.....

DeletedUser52116

i think the event is relatively okay ... no myths no gold thats what everyone asked for but still it has its own "problems" ... i think that it should have lasted more than only 3 days and contain some other rewards like double bp or improved defense/attack/movement and this kind of rewards but not troops not only land expansion and it would have been better that we could get a report or a notification when troops arrive their destination bcs sometime players forget about it doing more important things ... for ex they may have sent the 5 min trip and check it after 1 hour this loses a lot of time since it lasts only 3 days . generally speaking event is cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8250

Hey is it just me or did they extend the Hades Portal event end time by another 12 hours? I was about ready to destroy my portal when I noticed countdown went from 1.5 hours to 13.5 hours