Halloween Horror Story Competition

Which Halloween Horror Story was the Best?

• [url=http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showpost.php?p=473339&postcount=16]Jarpenguin's Awesome Army[/url]

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • [url=http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showpost.php?p=471214&postcount=8]The Last Night[/url]

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • [url=http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showpost.php?p=473157&postcount=14]Hanging in Grepolis[/url]

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As said (a couple times already by the staff) it is getting close to Halloween. We have the in-game Pumpkin Hunt, the forum competition that is in relation to it, and now a horror story competition. This competition is open for everyone (1.0 and 2.0 players, staff, and forumers who don't play).

The Competition

Write a short horror story about a night on Halloween. Be creative! Please leave the dull, bland, monotonous, and lackluster stories in the back of your closets and take us on a terrifying nightmare through your Halloween night.

The Prize
1st place Prize - 500 gold
2nd place Prize - 300 gold
3rd place Prize - 100 gold

The Rules

icon-bullet-orange-arrow_small.png
Must be 250-500 words long.
Must include a title for your story.
No profanity/insults/demeaning remarks/and the likes of any kind.
1 entry per player.
No plagiarism.
Be creative.
Must include characters with only the names of grepolis forumers (nicknames are accepted, but their forum name in-full must be said somewhere).

Example: You can have 3 characters in your horror story, and decide to name one Tyrion, one phoenixavier, and one furryicecubes.

What will get me Disqualified?
Breaking any of the rules.
Telling people which is your story.

Submission

Begin: Now (Wednesday October 26th)
End: Tuesday November 1st at 23:59:59 Forum server time

Send [user]phoenixavier[/user] a private message with your submission.

Because of the prize, please include your in-game name with the submission.

Stories will be posted in this thread but kept anonymous and voted on for a week starting November 2nd.

creds to [user]Eclipse[/user] for the format

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21750

do you have to have characters or can you just have a ghost or a zombie etc.

DeletedUser

u dont have to have characters . . .

and u can have characters that are zombies . . .

but a character is usually something that has dialogue and sometimes even a personality

DeletedUser

The Last Night

[jumpfrom]customlocation[/jumpfrom]So you came here to hear a Halloween Story? That I shall do.

It all started in the night o Halloween. 2 friends, [user]phoenixavier[/user] and [user]Tyrion[/user] went to a forest where there was no life. The lit a campfire and Phoenixavier opened a book and started reading Halloween stories. They read a story which happened in the nearby area. Was it destiny that brought them there ? Or was it a mere coincidence? Well Phoenix challenged Tyron to enter the abandoned house nearby which is the place that the Myth of the headless rider happened. The duo went inside the house and started searching. All the doors where unlocked except a door in the end of a long,tiny,dark hall. The duo tried many ways to enter it and Phoenix used some of his favors with Poseidon ad cast earthquake and destroyed the door. When the door was destroyed a sound appeared that said:"Ye who entered thy room shall not see the light of day,because thy's destiny was chosen today which was DEATH. As soon as the last word was said the duo tried to leave through the door they just destroyed but out of nowhere an another door appeared which was made of bones of other victims of this curse. They tried to use Poseidon to break the door but this time they couldn't even Zeus' bolt didn't help them so they continued their way.They walked for an hour and finally arrived to a hall. In the middle there was a stone in which was written TE and once Tyron read those 2 letters out loud a demonic sound was heard and they saw the headless rider who stabbed the 2 of them. At that moment Tyron looked at the stone again and those letters became words which said "THE END". When the 2 of them died the same sound told again:"I am [user]Ac04[/user] the master of death, ye who enters this house shall face the same punishment as those 2 Grepolites.' The headless rider chopped the head of those 2 Grepolites and vanished leaving the dead bodies. At that night the moon's color was read and church bells rang which announced that the headless rider struck again.

THE END???

DeletedUser

Hanging in Grepolis

Gather roun’ kiddies for I have a tale, curdling the blood and turning one pale. Those who would read should beware, neglect the gods and you’ll hang in despair.

After weeks of monotonous study, work and family obligations, I was looking forward to a long weekend of playing Grepolis. While not completely spent, I was in little mood for real human contact and instead wanted to catch-up in the game. I had pretty much neglected my five cities for the past few days.

My alliance informed me about the coming Halloween version. I was rather intrigued by something different. I settled in for the weekend and began popping beers as quickly as I punched out the floating jack-o-lanterns. On the first night I noticed an odd sound emanating from the “gods” whenever I sought favor. On the second night this noise increased slightly in addition to a putrid and fetid smell.

After two days of little sleep, the eve of hallow came upon me without much notice. No attacks, no issues in the alliance, and I was pleased with the overall development and progress of my five cities. Then it happened, at the stroke of mid-night when demons and witches congregate to haunt the night; I began hearing some chants, swinging back and forth in harsh tone.

My vision had become somewhat blurred by the constant zooming in and out. In fact, the motion had made me a little seasick. Thus, I first ignored the tiny gray spots emerging from my cities.

Over-time these shadows grew larger and were recognizable as trails of smoke. My buildings were on fire! There seemed to be a computer generated revolt. When I focused in on the action, I could see that the villagers were fighting. Actually, no…they were killing each other!

Amazed by the details, I was impressed by the realism: screeches and screams entrails and gore. There were no reports of an incoming attack. I checked my messages and discovered the time change warning, but there was no other explanation for the witnessed chaos. I attempted to send a message to others…but suddenly there was a large zap breaking across the screen. The gods: Zeus, Hades, Athena, Poseidon, and Hera bolted from their emblematic placement demanding retribution for my neglect.

I heard blood chilling wails coming from my five cities. Magnifying the field, I witnessed nauseating carnage.

The ground cracked under the cities; demons and bizarre creatures poured out. Mayhem, pillage, rape, and all forms of human deprivation oozed from the stench that spread over the screen. So vivid was this calamity that my senses were overwhelmed. A trail of blood led me to the left of my screen. Choking with vertigo, I noticed a dangling figure to the left which I had thought was a spider. Upon magnification, I noticed it was human; wriggling in the last stages of agony. I gazed upon my own death; executed by the gods for the sin of neglect.
The End

DeletedUser

Jarpenguin's Awesome Army

It started out on a usual day in omega. I was building my army and cities and a sudden message appeared on my screen Mentally ed launched another cs at Apolonios's city Hoplon. The clearing attacks came Jarenguins army came the group of penguins overpowered our defense, but they were not ordinary Penguins they were zombies.

Our immediate reaction was to call the penguin buisters. They were a while arriving they breached our defenses. The penguin busters arrived with there advanced warfare and little puffles with killer farts on there shoulders.

2011-10-04_161812.png

they armed there weapons and engaged in a fight. the battle was intense. there was another attack from Mentally ed it was very impressive but the problem.

teddybear1i.jpg

His army was unbelievable. Then the terror came both armies were destroyed by This Bear his Smile was terrorizing the problem was the Penguins and Bears were supposed to be fighting the Eternal Force Army but they fought each other instead.

ScaryTeddyBear.jpg

It scared everyone it tore the penguins heads right off chopped there legs off and sucked there guts out. The Bear seemed invincible it was no zombie penguin could kill it. They tried to flee the scene but the bears forces were to strong. Not even the ghost of the past could stop these

polar-bear-vs-penguins.jpg

The Battle ended like this. The penguins made a nice meal for the bear and his family the city was saved after all the battle was intense there was blood all over Apolonios's wall and his city his BP shot up. the alliance was proud of the achievement was amazing.

m11.jpg

The End

Sorry if i offended anyone

DeletedUser

There was no forum names in those last 2 stories so I think they must be disqualified.

DeletedUser

actuall i just read it and Jarpenguin and Naughty Bear was in it

DeletedUser

dont know it has too many words and no pictures i dont like it and it doesnt have to have players fro the forums in it

Status
Not open for further replies.