Hassan Radio (Internet Radio Broadcast)

• Thread starter DeletedUser29066
  • Start date

DeletedUser29066

Howdy Y'all

I've decided to experiment with broadcasting my own internet radio channel. It will be a mix of mostly 70's and 80's pop/rock from American, British and Canadian bands, with some additional selections from the 60's, 90's and early 2000's, including a bit of alternative. If it works out and I get enough listeners to make it worthwhile I might try to keep it on the air 24/7, but for now it will probably be no more than a few hours a day most days. As of right now I do not have any voiceover capability, but there is the capability to plug in a microphone and play DJ. If I ever get that far I can even take the additional step of using Skype to make it a call-in show, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So far I've had a couple of players help me test it and I know you can listen using ITunes, Windows Media Player and Firefox. Haven't had anyone report any success with Chrome, IE or other browsers. If anyone decides to listen give me a shout and let me know about any other music players or browsers it either works or does not work with.

Please give it a try ... http://66.69.14.158:8000/listen.m3u

Thanks.

Wayne

aka Hassan

DeletedUser29066

I'm back on for approx the next 6-8 hrs. If I get a chance I'll try to come up with a regular on-air schedule and post here.

DeletedUser

Nice work mate :) I will have a listen when i can soon.

DeletedUser29066

Thanks. Coming up in just a few minutes the entire Pink Floyd album Animals

DeletedUser29066

That's all for today. For the next week or so the plan is to broadcast daily from 16:00 to 01:00 server time, although chances are I'll actually be on a bit earlier. Thanks for listening.

DeletedUser33530

Trying to get it to work in many ways. I have epically failed so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29066

Strange. What music player are you using? Most of the listers so far seem to be using Windows Media Player and have reported no issues.

DeletedUser29066

Greetings all. Today's broadcast starts in about 30 min at 16:00

I've created a listener chat in Skype. It's open to all, and if I have the settings right you should be able to join without having to be added first. I'm not as technically proficient with Skype as I'd like, but supposedly this link will work in Skype to take you to the right place. Drop by and say hello.

skype:?chat&blob=c_XKHCgP2max6h9xBDZU6tsGDAXRsGIeN-rw8Gpf5tGlsVWBcyiEUV55CcV-31hWAwqA7Dox-0Bvs61fOxKsJQ

DeletedUser29066

Coming up at 18:00 an hour-long block of songs with female vocalist (solo artists and bands with female lead singers).

DeletedUser35431

Howdy Y'all

I've decided to experiment with broadcasting my own internet radio channel. It will be a mix of mostly 70's and 80's pop/rock from American, British and Canadian bands, with some additional selections from the 60's, 90's and early 2000's, including a bit of alternative. If it works out and I get enough listeners to make it worthwhile I might try to keep it on the air 24/7, but for now it will probably be no more than a few hours a day most days. As of right now I do not have any voiceover capability, but there is the capability to plug in a microphone and play DJ. If I ever get that far I can even take the additional step of using Skype to make it a call-in show, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So far I've had a couple of players help me test it and I know you can listen using ITunes, Windows Media Player and Firefox. Haven't had anyone report any success with Chrome, IE or other browsers. If anyone decides to listen give me a shout and let me know about any other music players or browsers it either works or does not work with.

Please give it a try ... http://66.69.14.158:8000/listen.m3u

Thanks.

Wayne

aka Hassan
Dude! Advertising is illegal! I got an infraction for doing that!

DeletedUser29066

I don't consider it advertising, but if I'm told to stop by one of the mods I will do so.

DeletedUser1405

Typical of you bud, nice to still see you pushing the boundaries.