Help? Question about my island NOT filling up...

DeletedUser

(I did have this posted in another topic, but all I was getting was like 30 views and NO responses so I figured I would try here....)

Ok so I have a question. Is there anyway I can invite players to my server, without them ending up ON my island with me? Our alliance has decided to move to another server, and for some reason NO other players are being put on the island I am on now. Which means it remains the same as when I joined all of the cities are unoccupied, except for the 3 alliance member I have invited so far.

I just can not see how it would work out later one, having the whole island filled with JUST our people... no ghost cities to farm, no players to attack later and etc...

On another note, I have another question... WHY aren't any random players being put ON my island? I see other islands filling up across the map that were completely empty last I checked, but MY island remains empty.

Is this a glitch or something?

DeletedUser

A) Go on an island next to you that's not full and click on a empty port. It'll give you a link, send them to your mates.
B) Because they need to fill the whole direction(ex: the circumference of O54(NE) if you get me) so lots of islands, eventually they'll fill yours up

EDIT: I just checked your location and you're on the rim of SW so part B is correct. They need to fill the whole circumference of SW so give it some time.

As for the link I don't think you can do it to islands that haven't been inhabited or new.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I do have a second question sort of related to this, that I actually just posted in the first part of the forum. Maybe you can answer this one too?

Ok so I am on an island with empty spots, and since the system is not placing any random players who join, into these spots, people in my alliance want to see about moving to my island. Someone mentioned resetting when their newbie status is ended, and then I am assuming there will be an option or something that they can choose to get closer to the alliance, aka be put on my island? I am the leader of our alliance by the way, and there are already a few of our members sharing my island as it is now, who transferred over from a different server with me, and used my direct link.

Is this true? I mean is this what will REALLY happen? I just would hate to see them do it, and then NOT get put on my island, and just moved to some other location on the map. Can anyone confirm 100% for sure that they WILL be placed ON the island where I am, and a few of our other alliance members already are if they reset?

One other question, IF this IS possible, can someone give me directions as to HOW to do this? So that I can pass it along to the ones who want to move, just in case so there is no confusion or they don't do it right or etc...?

Thanks

DeletedUser22650

as far as im aware it doesnt put you to an exact flag marker unless you pick it yourself manually, it does say closer to your alliance on restarts but ive never seen it tested to find out exactly how close

DeletedUser

Sorry for not replying earlier, you were probably waiting.

I'd advise against it because by the time their bp ends your island will have been filled up by other players meaning when they restart they will probably end up even further. There is no 100% guarantee they would end up on your island anyway unless you invite them to a particular spot.

Dux - You end up either very close to another member or an island with them, more likely on the same island as another member.

DeletedUser

Thanks again everyone. From what I did learn and was told, if they reset and then picked the option of "near allies" they would be put near the area with the most allies close together. So one of my members DID reset and try that, and they were actually put ON my island. I am guessing this theory is correct, because most of our members ARE on my island already, so it would be the area with the most members near each other.

DeletedUser

Yep but not always 100% useful. I tried resetting near my friends in O44 and ended up in O53, didn't take into consideration that we owned a few oceans :p