Hero Worlds

DeletedUser5554

So were those like a bust or whats going on with that? I ask because I noticed not many people were joining and that they stopped being made. Is the Heroic Tactician badge actually worth anything anymore? Are there any ideas to make these worlds better and more interesting? Just curious

DeletedUser

The hero world was pretty much a flop. Most people just didn't care. Most of 2.0 was a flop tbh. 'Improving' something that most people liked as it was.

Everyone joined and then quit when they realised that not that much was different.

DeletedUser

Hero Worlds are more dead than 1 first generation worlds, not as dead as the forums though. 'Improving' left us with less of a community. Thanks for that.

Now instead we have a load of newbs who stick around for a day and vets who are leaving constantly. Even players who are just few months old say that it's becoming even rubbish.

DeletedUser

And to ensure that this isn't deleted also:
It will end when whatever the end game is reached. :p Can't remember what it was... But as far as i can remember, there was one. Are there wonders in hero worlds? I think so... Wait no, you need to have built the wonders to get into it. Hang on, i'll read up on it all again. Back in a few.

Cba to read up actually.
Though, imo, it would be silly for them to implement an unpopular end game that allowed people to gain access to a world that then didn't have an end game. Why not just keep the original world with no end game? So, in answer to your question (that really belongs in the question section) who knows when it will end, but you can thank god for the fact that it will.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

End game is reached? What I give it two months before membership falls to 300 (what an ironic number).

So to get into a dying world you need to kill about 10 off. Makes sense. Can't WAIT for what else they have in store for us. 4th gen will be epic.

DeletedUser

I didn't want to be that pessimistic though. Keeping forum morale up and all that.
Also, i missed the whole 3rd gen thing...
1st gen were the god old days of 1.26, 2nd gen was 2.0, but what is 3rd gen... No changes as far as i can tell. Just a new set of names. Is that it?

That 4th gen comment has given me an idea...

DeletedUser

Personally, I wish Grepo would die out... That way Inno would see their errors and create another game which is similar and have waay better features which don't abuse gold and where people thrive in the forums.

3rd gen? = A new set of names. Seems they've realized that HW will not be the future of Grepo. What's the point of putting in WWs to new worlds if you're just going to carry on making normal worlds?

Many people complained, no ABOVE listened. Even some mods(that are gone) didn't even like it.

DeletedUser

I'm not surprised the mods didn't like it... They're just players. Though they are in an even worse position then us... If they speak out then it sets a bad example to us and so they must suffer in silence and toe the line.

Meh, tbh i dislike inno but i do like the game. A good way to waste some time anyhoo.

TO keen it on topic-the heroic tactician badge is useless unless you want to join a dying world full of njubs who thought they were good after getting the stupendously low requirements to get the thing.

DeletedUser

With njubs - empty. With just pros - empty (but would make it fun). Mods these days.. even the old ones have turned robotic.

Mods are to blame however. Just recently there was some rubbish updates and apparently this is what 'us - the players' asked for which was a total lie. We didn't ask for lag and problems.

Hero Worlds are a fail, I just feel sorry for whoever thought they'd be exciting and spent money on it. Obviously I like Grepo but at this stage I would happily leave (with my gold and accounts there) to go play a similar game. Bring on 4th gen.

DeletedUser

Hero worlds were a fizz to begin with...... No top players joined the first one, and the 2nd one is now a simming world where i believe the top 3 alliances all spoon each other..... Btw i loled at your location Strike ;)

DeletedUser

Hero Worlds are more dead than 1 first generation worlds, not as dead as the forums though. 'Improving' left us with less of a community. Thanks for that.

I think the major issue is the rush to creat new world after new world.... there's no community anymore.

No history...

DeletedUser6029

I think the major issue is the rush to creat new world after new world.... there's no community anymore.

No history...
I will probably get dinged for this comment, and let me suggest don't bother, I am not ignorant of Innogames. I am not sure when they took a change in direction from creating good long term games to quick money makers, but I do wish they would come back to a good mix. Not that I think that the latest versions of all the games are bad, I agree they are actually better. But I think because they are more geared toward a money making endeavor, Innogames might be losing sight of the long term aspect of things. While I understand their logic, I think, in truth, it is flawed long term. They had such a good platform with The West, Tribal Wars and Grepolis, and it seems the thing that made them the best gaming company is slowly eroding into something that is all about the money. I miss the mindset of Innogames of old. Not the game itself, but absolutely the mindset of the company where quality came front and center.

If they were to slow down on the worlds opening, A) they might lose out on a lot of start up money, but B) they would foster gaming loyalty that they use to have many years ago. If I am correct, and I am pretty sure I am, there are not near as many groupies as their once were, and if they can foster brand loyalty, it would carry long term profits.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

I agree with rooster the community sucks now for the most part. As for the HW being a bust I was under the impression that the best alliances would go as a team to compete originally that's what kept me leading was to take an alliance to compete against other elite alliances. The problem is ANYONE can join. I've earned TWO of the bloody things effortlessly.

DeletedUser6029

I agree with rooster the community sucks now for the most part. As for the HW being a bust I was under the impression that the best alliances would go as a team to compete originally that's what kept me leading was to take an alliance to compete against other elite alliances. The problem is ANYONE can join. I've earned TWO of the bloody things effortlessly.
When HW was first "hinted" at, it was suppose to be a reward for a won world. It was not suppose to be open to everyone and anyone. I think that was the first mistake, to be honest. It wasn't until they realized the cash flow issue did it become grepo 3.0 (and before any mod screams I am wrong, I was forwarded copies of some of the correspondence, so don't bother) Which Nod, this brings back up some of the things I wish Inno would go back to. Make a next level of the game, don't just say ok, well done, pat on back, now go and start over on a new world with new teams new players etc etc. I think if they had kept to the original vision, it would have been absolutely out of this world aggressive, addictive, active and wild game/world/forum.

DeletedUser5554

I agree make it different...I mean even a throwback world wouldn't hurt at this point i'd play an old school farming no morale world again.

DeletedUser12667

No history...

Huh, I think your antisocial aspect is getting in the way of your ability to build a history in a world before another is released. Just because you cant gather a repoir with all the players in a world in 2 weeks makes me think you are antisocial. I will be glad to have a class on how to meet all 20k players in 2 weeks and be able to give a detailed evualation of their life when asked without delay with the response:rolleyes:

DeletedUser31931

We want a hero world!

:pro: :pro: :pro: :pro: :pro:
:pro: :pro: :pro: :pro: :pro:​