Historical game data

• Thread starter Grand Patriarch
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hi, with sites like grepostats how to they get historical data?

Game data files can be downloaded (eg players.txt.gz) and a database built up over a period of time but is historical data already available online somewhere like the daily data files are?

If I wanted to create a stats/history site would I have to build the history data from scratch? Meaning historical data would only be available from the date I started collecting data.

thanks

GP

DeletedUser5

You will have to build up your own collection of historical data.

DeletedUser

thanks Ac04, appreciate your help. I've built a desktop app that gives me access to game information in a more accessible way than in the game. I've extended it to include views of the daily data and was thinking of adding historical statistics to it.

DeletedUser38423

at the back of that query....

for files that dont have timestamps.. like the attack and defense kill files... at those files overwritten daily?

How does that work?
Im trying to build a DB that shows progress for players of attack adn defense points but the data files dont have time stamps as fields :(

any help understanding how that works would greatly appreciated :)

M.

DeletedUser5

Hey Scoobsky,

Those data files are re-generated every hour, so the data in those files is as of the latest update.

With that in mind, you can timestamp those files yourself at the time of import.

Hope that helps!

Adam