Holiday ceasefire

DeletedUser

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if this has been discussed in the external forums or not, but as we are doing in other worlds, all Top alliance's have agreed to a ceasefire during the upcoming holiday season. This will allow us all to enjoy the festivities with our families and not worry about the important things like Grepolis...

The set date can be from DEC 22/11 0:00 UTC +1 up to Jan 3/12 0:00 UTC +1. when all the fun can begin once again.

This is just a proposal. For this to work tho, we all must work on an honor system that we follow this agreement.

All Founders and leaders, please let "us" know what you think and if we can all agree.

I personally would like to send all my best wishes to you and your families.

May we all be safe and enjoy this time with our loved ones.

Thank you and Regards,

[player]Nafplion[/player]

DeletedUser

Last year this was done by grepo themselfs by turning peacetime on over the xmas period..

Although they messed it up on revolt worlds and cost us a big effort... :rolleyes:

Looking at the length of time you are talking you may aswell activate VM as no-one will honour that length of time.. Realistically 12:00PM 24th December - 12PM 27th December

Last Years Attack Break Announcement:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=13878

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hm, I can maybe understand doing it on the 24th/25th.. but that's about it. Otherwise, once the family leaves, I find it to be a great time to kick back and play some Grepolis. It'd really stink to not be able to do anything for that long of a period.

DeletedUser

Hopefully they will provide a way to earn BP over the holidays if we cannot attack each-other.

DeletedUser

Hm, I can maybe understand doing it on the 24th/25th.. but that's about it. Otherwise, once the family leaves, I find it to be a great time to kick back and play some Grepolis. It'd really stink to not be able to do anything for that long of a period.

Agreed.

DeletedUser

so if you land your cship at 17:59:59 (meaning that you launched it 24:00:01 before the start of the ceasefire) - you don't need to defend your siege?

merry christmas indeed....

DeletedUser

You cant send it 24 Hrs before the Ceasefire, if you are sending it on a 25 HR trip i guess thats alright?? :eek:

DeletedUser

I really hope there is no peacetime over the holidays.....this is a war game, not sim city or farmville. If you are going to be away, then activate VM, that is what it is there for.

DeletedUser

blah blah war game . . . in WWI there was an unofficial cease fire that took place in which the british and german troops (as well as some french) exchanged seasonal greetings as well as gifts, and then went back to killing each other . . .

so im pretty sure a ceasefire has nothing to do with sim city, its more on the lines of being considerate of the fact that some people will not be able to log in during the holidays due to festivities of sorts

DeletedUser

blah blah war game . . . in WWI there was an unofficial cease fire that took place in which the british and german troops (as well as some french) exchanged seasonal greetings as well as gifts, and then went back to killing each other . . .

so im pretty sure a ceasefire has nothing to do with sim city, its more on the lines of being considerate of the fact that some people will not be able to log in during the holidays due to festivities of sorts

I don't care one way or another, but isn't that what VM is for?

DeletedUser

Yes, lol if your CS takes 24 hours, then you get free defense courtesy or gordopolis!

DeletedUser2595

If your CS takes 24 hours then your clearing attacks will take less. Unless you slow them all with CS or have alliance members send from a couple oceans away. And plenty of time for support to arrive.

Good luck on that plan :)

DeletedUser

I really hope there is no peacetime over the holidays.....this is a war game, not sim city or farmville. If you are going to be away, then activate VM, that is what it is there for.
25th of December 1914.The Germans and the British have a game of football.

DeletedUser17950

I hope there is no ceasefire. For people that work, holidays is the best time we can play.

DeletedUser

It's a courtesy . . . Take it as a gift :p

A courtesy to who? Like I said, it isn't a courtesy to everyone. It is an annoyance. And as I mentioned earlier, this is why VM was put into the game. For those who are not going to be able to log into the game, they can place themselves into VM mode over the holidays without consequence. And for those of us who want to play as normal, we still can.