How Do I Stop A City Being Conquered ?

DeletedUser

I have 6 cities in the beta version (Sandbox 2).
One of them is currently being conquered & will finish in 1 Hour & 18 Minutes.
What can i do to stop this guy taking my city ? :/

Thanks

Grepolis.jpg

DeletedUser

I have a city right next to it & 4 more on an island very close to the one being conquered.
Is there anything i can do ?
I asked for help from the alliance but no answer or help yet :/

Thanks

DeletedUser

Cant i attack the city myself using the city next to it ?
Attack would take 10 minutes to land in the city being conquered !

DeletedUser

I was told the following:-

In order to stop the CS you just have to have one extra troop left after he attacks you. So if you have 4 cities around it. Then reinforce your city with all of your other cities. Therefore hopefully you have more troops then him and you will keep your city. Also remember to have your militia from the farms join the fight

If i support the city with more troops than he has sent, will i succeed or fail ?
Not sure because he has a lot more ships than me & others in his alliance have sent him biremes & LS as support :/

DeletedUser

Cant i attack the city myself using the city next to it ?
Attack would take 10 minutes to land in the city being conquered !

Yes, in a conquest world you can (and should) attack your own city when its under enemy siege...

The idea is to destroy the invading horde that is sitting in YOUR city... if you can destroy EITHER all your enemy's land troops OR all your enemy's ships. If you do that BEFORE time is up.... you can drive him from your home... and save your city.

And then rebuild... and prepare to smite him for his ill-advised insolence.

DeletedUser

If you/alliance put the city which sent the CS under conquest this would re call his attempt on your city i believe...Is this correct,if someone could confirm would be great.

DeletedUser

What can i do to stop this guy taking my city ? :/

Thanks

Send a mail to the attacker stating "Please don't cap my city". I have tried this several times - it hasn't worked yet though ;)

DeletedUser27700

If you/alliance put the city which sent the CS under conquest this would re call his attempt on your city i believe...Is this correct,if someone could confirm would be great.

Only if it is taken over successfully. If the city changes ownership, any other players who have a CS on the way would get a report and the option to recall.
As a disclaimer, I know this is the case on revolt, unsure on conquest worlds.

DeletedUser

Will ask the specific question...thanks though Ice for the input