How Should the Syrian Conflict be Resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I believe that was the US's attitude before WWI ^^ (could have been WWII my history is rusty)

(You're right, WWI) I believe that the situation of WWI was way different than this Syrian situation. The horror of WWI way out number this current Syrian conflict. Also, in my opinion, the major factions of the WWI war were more or less 'civilized'. Syrian is no better than Afghanistan. We would be dealing with different tactics than WWI and WWII tactics. Guerrilla warfare. Car bombs. Also, I want to point out that this Syrian conflict is not majorly effecting as many countries as WWI did. We're dealing with a civil war here, not a crazy German looking for total world domination. Plus I think our government wasn't as messed up as it is now.

DeletedUser340

I agrred with intervention in Libya, look how that ended up; country in chaos, cheap oil contracts for US and people dying at a higher rate than before. Not to mention all the people killed by US airstrikes.

I won't support them in 'humanitarian missions' after looking at their CV, I feel they only want to gain dominance in the middle east and have people that they want in power there.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel for the people there, I just struggle to believe many sources; everyone has their own agenda for how they report the situation. First they verbally attacked Iran and demonized them, now they do the same to their closest ally Syria. Wouldn't surprise me if they stirred all this up in the beginning tbh.

DeletedUser

I find most of the posts made by you people HILARIOUS.

You guys think the US should not get involved? Of course it does! America is a firm defender of Israel, anything involves and revolves around it is under observation from the US! Iran and Lebanon's Hizb-Allah group is a firm supporter of Syrian regime, and have been providing them with arms and resources to quell this rebellion.

America's involvement however, might stir more commotion than solve the problem, as it's involvement will trigger more involvement from other countries.

I'm actually surprised that America hasn't been involved directly yet, it's probably only because the rebels have not managed to overthrow their own government yet. Obama has only made a few statements about Syria and that was about it.

Off Topic: There's also a rebellion in Bahrain, which is very similar to Syria's except much much less killing (less than 50 died) in 2 years, and it has been overshadowed by the Arab uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.