How You Started

DeletedUser

I don't mind being the first to do this, as I am sure almost all of you will have a laugh over it. This is the first MMORPG I have played. As I started out it reminded me of the text based games back when windows 3.1 was the cutting edge in the computing world.

You see, I started in this game called Grepolis back in February. I was going along, minding my own Polis, creating my few troops and building my city. I thought I was doing well. I had successfully attacked the other cities on my island and was farming my little butt off. About that time I was able to level up the market to 10.

Well... this opened a whole new world of obtaining resources, so of course I started to take advantage of this great new ability. Things continued to smoothly progress for about another week and I was interacting with a few of the players who were exchanging resources with me. Most of those peeps were like me, were just trying to survive. However, there was one in-particular who seemed to be taking me under his wing. He had 3 whole cities. He made great suggestions and we talked all hours of the day and night. nOOb that I was I had no idea what was about to happen. As you all could see at the start of this, I woke up to my city being conquered by the player who so smoothly befriended me. I got rimmed.

For me, I think that was one of the luckiest things that could have happened. It prompted me to read everything about this game that I could get me hands on. It also, put me into O-76 were I was able to connect with the old -=KMD=-, which merged. And you know most of the rest...

SmartCat.jpg

Just maybe, if we try really hard, we can keep a few threads bravado free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How it all began...

Well, it began in the little coastal village of Alpharia.

Akkoy.jpg

The village grew very quickly, the Alpharites mercilessly removing the other petty villages and towns on their island.

photo_11_hires.jpg

Then, the Tyrant of Alpharia started recieving envoys requesting they be able to add this coastal village to their gargantuan empires. The Tyrant was disgusted with these envoys; they told him nothing about their empires, they just expected us to comply. They obviously did not care about their subjects.

doing_it_wrong_2.jpg

So, the Tyrant started sending messages of his own to a select few villages in the Ocean of Erinyea (O46) that showed promise. They felt as the Tyrant did, and decided to rally under him to fight back against the huge (but not so great) empires that were springing up in Erinyea and its surrounding oceans.

untitled-3.jpg

The rest is history.

15qfad4-1.jpg

DeletedUser

see what i mean Alph, some seriously good stuff :p i tried to +1 rep but i need to spread some around...

DeletedUser340

alph you awesome bro <3

I started on tribal wars back in the year of 07 , did okay got to 3.6m , and a 1.9m on a later world.

Quit all of that.

Went to kingsage co-playing my mate from the start , we got to 300k in the top tribe...

Then I played like the west didn't understand so quit after 10seconds, played travian ; relised that was the worst game in history.

Played this , got hooked.
Joined the forum 1- seconds after I joined alpha . got to 600 points then got owned by tw-shadow or whatever.

o_O

DeletedUser

I thought I'd post here as it is nice periodic to post in a bravdo free environment even though it's not my homeworld. I related to the start post although in my case I was fortunate enough to avoid getting rimmed and it was two comparable sized players rather than one big one.

I guess it taught me be careful what you say, who you say it to and most of alll who to trust.

Nice thread +1 from me.

DeletedUser

One day I'm playing a little game called Tribal Wars when I noticed an announcement for a new game called grepolis. But I thought "naaaaaaah, that game won't be that great." After all I had played another greek themed island based game like this and it sucked. But a couple months later I decided, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. And months later, here I am :)

DeletedUser

Oddly enough, I've got a friend who is working on an online browser strategy game, and he wanted me to take a look at the interface here. (I told him it's probably a big project, but he seems determined and patient...) I just never bothered to stop playing. ;)

DeletedUser

I was actually playing a flash game on Armor Games. I saw a banner advert, thought it looked interesting, and got hooked!

DeletedUser

I saw an advert and started on gamma. I colonised got conquered then I colonised another 3 times when I was determined to get into an elite alliance. I got into NmE 22 oceans away when I was given the account badharisme

DeletedUser

Bluejay15's story

It all began with a little blue bird:

f448du.jpg

This little blue bird didn't like many people, especially his friends and parents. This little blue bird was not a nice little blue bird.

1ranh1.jpg

This made the other birds upset. They ordered the little blue bird to leave the nest. The chics were very upset because the little blue bird was very handsome. The little blue bird was forced to change names to "bluejay" and was banished forever. However...little did bluejay know that over the hills laid the land of GREPOLIS!

2zjhowx.jpg

Unfortunately, when bluejay arrived in Grepolis, he was forced into an awful job. Although he was very good at his job, he had no idea what this new world was like and how much people hated "his kind".

9sw1z9.jpg

Until one day a very special inter-species person came into the "LoM office". Little did bluejay know that this person was just like him.

209g290.jpg

A new group of people was born, and it was hell bent on killing everything in its path. Bluejay liked this group of people very much, as he got to murder a lot...not to mention the chics loved it.

2jf16y9.jpg

With the help of his new found friends bluejay became very happy. No longer was he the little blue bird who killed all his friends, but he was a little blue bird who killed strangers also. The entire group enjoyed killing very much. Because of all the killing, their group became quite well known.

8yylc1.jpg

The little bluebird has met many new people after he killed his parents and was banished. Some people he did not like, people who like hugging for instance. Unfortunately, hugging does not happen that much anymore, many people just prefer to keep their names hidden. However, the little blue bird has found comfort in knowing others prefer to kill just like him.

It all ends with a little blue bird saying thank you. Thank you world Gamma, thank you for everything.

DeletedUser

It all began with a little blue bird:

f448du.jpg

This little blue bird didn't like many people, especially his friends and parents. This little blue bird was not a nice little blue bird.

1ranh1.jpg

This made the other birds upset. They ordered the little blue bird to leave the nest. The chics were very upset because the little blue bird was very handsome. The little blue bird was forced to change names to "bluejay" and was banished forever. However...little did bluejay know that over the hills laid the land of GREPOLIS!

2zjhowx.jpg

Unfortunately, when bluejay arrived in Grepolis, he was forced into an awful job. Although he was very good at his job, he had no idea what this new world was like and how much people hated "his kind".

9sw1z9.jpg

Until one day a very special inter-species person came into the "LoM office". Little did bluejay know that this person was just like him.

209g290.jpg

A new group of people was born, and it was hell bent on killing everything in its path. Bluejay liked this group of people very much, as he got to murder a lot...not to mention the chics loved it.

2jf16y9.jpg

With the help of his new found friends bluejay became very happy. No longer was he the little blue bird who killed all his friends, but he was a little blue bird who killed strangers also. The entire group enjoyed killing very much. Because of all the killing, their group became quite well known.

8yylc1.jpg

The little bluebird has met many new people after he killed his parents and was banished. Some people he did not like, people who like hugging for instance. Unfortunately, hugging does not happen that much anymore, many people just prefer to keep their names hidden. However, the little blue bird has found comfort in know others just like him prefer to kill.

It all ends with a little blue bird saying thank you. Thank you world Gamma, thank you for everything.

Brilliant, more like this please!

DeletedUser

If you want to know my root, i'll gladly tell my story here as well...n_n'

Or maybe you make another thread like this for players history so we'll not hi -jack a very nice thread...

Ummmmm...

SmartCat.jpg

DeletedUser

Well you see, I was just twiddling my thumbs over on TW... When all of a sudden BAM! Some new city pops up next to me! This guy grows very, VERY fast, so I think he's a point *hem* hog. I attack, only to find a solid wall of troops!
We became good friends, me and him, and once he was cleared by another guy near us, smaller than me, I decided to send my ginormous army to hit him!
vextown.png

aaand then I was slaughtered because he had over 5x his points in troops...
burningtown.jpg

So we both restarted! As our friendship grew, we got along very well. Eventually I quit though.
quiting.jpg

Later, he had found this great game by the same people, and told me to join Gamma. Soon, I was hooked, and just couldn't leave!
hooked.jpg
[/img]

And after much messing around, and at a great cost to the Blue and Maize Legion, I found myself amongst their ranks... I'd become... One of THEM...

77708730.png

And that's how I came to be as I am. Not very complicated, apart from my amazing aptness at getting myself into bad alliances prior to B&M.

(+rep to Bluejay, great post! Hope I don't have to share it around more, I'm stingey like that)