I need a nerd!

• Thread starter DeletedUser17088
  • Start date

DeletedUser17088

Would it be possible for someone to track how much data Grepolis (browser version) uses per hour? in mb/gb please. My internet is heavily restricted per month so it would be nice to know how much it uses :)

DeletedUser39031

Practically, Grepo for some reason uses tons of mb

DeletedUser35069

Urgh those last 3/4 nervous days of the month when my data ran out on a 2 gb plan with 10/12 hr workdays ahead of me. Only thing that ever made me offline for more than a few hours.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
It depends on how much time your on, if your on constantly i suggest a unlimited broadband, or at least try and hook into someones wifi as much as you possibly can to bring down your usage on your own service

DeletedUser17088

you suggest unlimited broadband, thanks man. So i best get moving to a country that offers such a package! would be much easier than finding a rough number of data per hour the game uses.

steal internet you say? that's a cracking idea, why don't I steal someone else's (who is limited per month also) internet, that they, like me, pay an absolute fortune for. There is no chance anyone on this island has password protected their internet, so at least i don't need to become a hacker. why doesn't little senpa just move to that dirty water well instead of walking 10 miles a day to it?

why was my post so sarcastic? because yours was so full of assumptions and ignorance ;) (also I am ill and grumpy)

not every country in the world can just 'get unlimited' and i did say my internet was heavily restricted, and I pretty much only asked for the data info, not alternatives in my life choices/situation.

DeletedUser23222

FotNS... i don't fault you for being grumpy... not at all. it sucks being sick. and the gulf between those with unlimited high speed internet and those drawing a few bits out of a dirty well... has never been greater. a large active account will easily suck 1 gb over a day.. i will do a few tests and sharpen that estimate

DeletedUser23986

You don't really need that much data for grepolis. Just switch off the sound(not toggle them off but uncheck all the sounds) and animation.

DeletedUser

The browser version will use considerably more data than the mobile app. So if data usage is a huge concern I'd definitely suggest using the app.
It's been a while since I've used the app, but assuming it has not been coded by morons I can't imagine it using more than a MB/h. It all depends on how much you do in the app though, try to keep requests for new 'screens' like overviews, buildings or messages/forum to a minimum. Disabling the sound will do nothing as that's done client-side, so are all images/animations. The biggest data leech is most likely the forum and PMs.

Are you on a holiday or something? :p Didn't know the internet was this bad where you (used to) live.

DeletedUser

Its around 380 MB/day for in a average, and i am on line around 11-12 hrs a day in browser version.Only one world.

DeletedUser33530

in doing daily grepo activities such as building, farming, and attacking (no pms or forum) i got 168 MB/hour. That's doing stuff non-stop for one hour just to be clear.

DeletedUser17088

The browser version will use considerably more data than the mobile app. So if data usage is a huge concern I'd definitely suggest using the app.
It's been a while since I've used the app, but assuming it has not been coded by morons I can't imagine it using more than a MB/h. It all depends on how much you do in the app though, try to keep requests for new 'screens' like overviews, buildings or messages/forum to a minimum. Disabling the sound will do nothing as that's done client-side, so are all images/animations. The biggest data leech is most likely the forum and PMs.

Are you on a holiday or something? :p Didn't know the internet was this bad where you (used to) live.

not even joking, but i live near Antartica now hahaha

DeletedUser36436

Grepolis uses surprisingly little data- about 50 mb per hour- source: I use HotspotShield.

DeletedUser

DeletedUser33530

Its around 380 MB/day for in a average, and i am on line around 11-12 hrs a day in browser version.Only one world.

in doing daily grepo activities such as building, farming, and attacking (no pms or forum) i got 168 MB/hour. That's doing stuff non-stop for one hour just to be clear.

Grepolis uses surprisingly little data- about 50 mb per hour- source: I use HotspotShield.

So we have either 31.6 mb/hour, 168 mb/hour, or 50 mb/hour. Seem like I'm the one who is off so go with somewhere between 30 and 50 mb/hour