I think troops can fly. Is it true?

DeletedUser17045

Okay, so I'm going to ask you this question about the island and cities on them and the speed it takes for troops to reach the target city. Take a look at this:

20ihxy0.jpg

Okay so you can see my city, that has been highlighted and has a ring around it, obviously.

Now, I, hypothetically place two attacks, hence the red and black lines.

I will use swordsmen on this "simulation" because they are one of the slowest units.

Example 1: Swordsmen to attack red city.
Estimated time travel: 0:42:34

Example 2: Swordsmen to attack black city.
Estimated time travel: 0:17:13

This is what I'm trying to point out.
How is it possible for my swords to attack the black city faster than the red city? I mean, look, there is no bridge that connects them.

Can they fly?
Do they island hop like my green arrows suggest? I mean, what happens if they fall? There are large sharks that could kill my troops :(

How does this make sense? Clearly from looking at my photograph you can see that the time should be longer.

I think I know why. You can't really estimate an approximate time can you? I only did this just to point out the fact that it doesn't make sense at all. LOL

-CheezeHead

+Rep for my beautiful home? ;)

DeletedUser

Okay, so I'm going to ask you this question about the island and cities on them and the speed it takes for troops to reach the target city. Take a look at this:

20ihxy0.jpg

Okay so you can see my city, that has been highlighted and has a ring around it, obviously.

Now, I, hypothetically place two attacks, hence the red and black lines.

I will use swordsmen on this "simulation" because they are one of the slowest units.

Example 1: Swordsmen to attack red city.
Estimated time travel: 0:42:34

Example 2: Swordsmen to attack black city.
Estimated time travel: 0:17:13

This is what I'm trying to point out.
How is it possible for my swords to attack the black city faster than the red city? I mean, look, there is no bridge that connects them.

Can they fly?
Do they island hop like my green arrows suggest? I mean, what happens if they fall? There are large sharks that could kill my troops :(

How does this make sense? Clearly from looking at my photograph you can see that the time should be longer.

I think I know why. You can't really estimate an approximate time can you? I only did this just to point out the fact that it doesn't make sense at all. LOL

-CheezeHead

+Rep for my beautiful home? ;)
I think they use any catapults you have to launch your swordsmen to the black city :)

DeletedUser

It doesn't make sense except for the fact that travel is calculated as a straight line distance on an island. This is regardless of the geographical features. Travel between islands is calculated differently.

DeletedUser17045

Yeah, I figured that, but I just wanted to share it with all :)

Still, can't it be implemented?

DeletedUser

If you consider all of the different island types, the coding that would have to done is rather extensive. I think we are all in agreement that we would rather the developers spend their time on some of the more important bugs.