Inactive Topic Idea ~ Territorial Payouts

DeletedUser30636

its not a bad idea but they would have to work out some balance, because if you got far in the world and say you had 30 cities, and each city was on an alliance controlled island. 1g per day would equal up to 30 gold per day. thats 210 gold a week, you'd have enough gold to have almost all the premium features ( administrator, captain, etc.) all the time. that seems a little ridiculous. so maybe you can have a maximum of five islands, which would turn to a minimum of 5 gold per day, 30 gold a week, that would be a little more realistic. yes for me as long as there is a little more balance to it.

(and link of time.... stop trying to advertise your idea, let it come naturally. i dont see it going through anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its not a bad idea but they would have to work out some balance, because if you got far in the world and say you had 30 cities, and each city was on an alliance controlled island. 1g per day would equal up to 30 gold per day. thats 210 gold a week, you'd have enough gold to have almost all the premium features ( administrator, captain, etc.) all the time. that seems a little ridiculous. so maybe you can have a maximum of five islands, which would turn to a minimum of 5 gold per day, 30 gold a week, that would be a little more realistic. yes for me as long as there is a little more balance to it.

The devs would have the control over the amount of gold, I had no idea when setting the proposal limit at 5g per island, it could probably drop down to 1g?

My point is InnoGames would have the reins on the amount of gold passed to the treasury, and so won't give the player too much. Moderation will be used by InnoGames to ensure only a 'taster' sum will go to the players.

DeletedUser

How is this gold payed?

From your alliance members?
From InnoGames?
From other players?

etc?

~ Lane

DeletedUser

How is this gold payed?

From your alliance members?
From InnoGames?
From other players?

etc?

~ Lane

Errrm the gold would go from InnoGames into the 'Alliance Treasury' or 'Coffers', on a weekly basis. Founders/Leaders can choose to payout members when they feel like it, however please note currently Founders/Leaders won't be able to payout individuals more/less, it is distributed evenly throughout the alliance.

The idea is to create a bit of 'Free Gold' circulation to give players a 'taster', enough to fund a minimum of gold expenses however not enough to pay for maximum effect, which would entice players to go out and buy more gold, and more importantly for me create more tension between alliances to fight over territory.

Who did the thread necromancy for this thread...?

Sssh :p

DeletedUser

Eh! Wave you know what I have to do with free gold threads, right?

They all get to make a trip into the free gold discussion thread..

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Eh! Wave you know what I have to do with free gold threads, right?

They all get to make a trip into the free gold discussion thread..

~ Lane

Don't you dare. ;)

This one is so unique and massively different, it won't fit in with the others!!! The others will bully it!

Just like the Circle in Square land!

DeletedUser

Well since Phoenix put that thread up, I will let him decide what the criteria is. ;)

DeletedUser

Well since Phoenix put that thread up, I will let him decide. ;)

meh Phoenix loves me. ;)

Surely it would be more effective to just link the ideas to the discussion, however not actually merge the ideas? So players can browse more easily.

Well they're all free gold threads so just leave one open and close the rest? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

i also like the fact the the leaders would be able to distribute it, i always think of an alliance as an Empire. this could entail whether the alliance stays together or not, if the leaders are being greedy, they might not like that and leave. It also is a way for founders to reward certain players if they say support somebody, or do something great.

DeletedUser

We all love you WB, but this doesn't make sense.

In a previous post you said, "Don't mention Inno losing money, that's not the players role". Well that completely defies the point of making ideas, since right now we're trying to see things from a devs point of view. Look at the older worlds, more specifically the cores of said worlds. How many islands are massed with members of the same alliance? Loads, over entire oceans almost. Collectively, Inno would be paying out a ton. Above that, if those members are collecting gold from Inno, then they won't keep buying it. Two losses to Inno straight away. They will not gain as much as they lose, and as such will never implement it even if it's what the players want.

DeletedUser

In a previous post you said, "Don't mention Inno losing money, that's not the players role". Well that completely defies the point of making ideas, since right now we're trying to see things from a devs point of view. Look at the older worlds, more specifically the cores of said worlds. How many islands are massed with members of the same alliance? Loads, over entire oceans almost. Collectively, Inno would be paying out a ton. Above that, if those members are collecting gold from Inno, then they won't keep buying it. Two losses to Inno straight away. They will not gain as much as they lose, and as such will never implement it even if it's what the players want.

Small 'taster' amounts of gold being given to the player which would hopefully entice them to go out and buy more.

DeletedUser

Heyy,

I just typed up atleast 1000 words why this would be great and how it could be balanced. Though suddenly it dawned on me that it made little to no sense, jokes it was quite informative a bit too informative maybe...

DeletedUser30636

and if this were to implemented, gold would not be given to the account to use in other worlds correct? just that world...

DeletedUser

That was one of the restricttions I was thinking about. Also how it should only count for proper islands that have farms. Also making it so the cities have to have a certain amount of points.

DeletedUser27700

Then you need to come up with a way to limit that.
Gold is usable on all worlds right now, so making world specific gold may be difficult

DeletedUser

I suspect it will encourage turtles and founding of cities. Players may end up going defensive to hold cities like world wonders in order to earn an income. Personally I don't think that's a good thing. To modify this, maybe if the island is dominated on all 20 spots by the same alliance, those cities can loot to a lower level, or get more resources when demanding/looting. Perhaps the militia will be increased in this situation. Something minor like that would be a nice bonus but when it comes to valuable gold, it's too big a carrot to dangle.