Impact of Militia

Do you believe militia is useful in today's battle system?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Do you believe militia is useful in today's battle system?

DeletedUser

They are really not a big help they can kill of some troops.And there numbers says it all.But the smart thing they did to this was not make them count as bp,(which is a bad thing to myself)if so there would be alot of processions going on.In grepolis, there defense is as worse as it can be and there I bet they can prorbaly kill of a small group of swords, though.They mostly have a small dent to a player that is getting attacked.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
They may not do much later in the game but still the little bit they do help is enough to use them. Plus I personally get most of my resources from farming so the loss of resource production isn't a problem

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
It does bolster an emergency defense so your enemies don't get BP from attacking you while they lose a few men to the militia :)

DeletedUser

activating militia is effectively buying BP for resources, which is exactly what we try to do do constantly in this game.

DeletedUser

Pythag's point is very interesting. Here is how I see militia.

1. Early stages allows you to have a good defense and deterring attacks so you can focus on conquering and being more aggressive.
2. You're going to lose those 50% resources anyway if you let them loot you, and you don't really notice the lack of resources when activating militia.
3. They're effective in the beginning and become less effective later in the game, which is a good thing.

DeletedUser18366

I like them. When you've got a big farm, City Guard researched and a big wall you'll get around 100 BP when an army comes.