Passed IMPROVEMENT -->Alliance founder/moderator forum activity log

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20429

I also added a vote on the thread. I tried to make it get to 4 stars by making my vote 5 but it didn't :O

DeletedUser6029

I think this is a good idea. I remember the old archiving thing so that nothing got "lost" and I think this is so much better. Going to play havoc on the disbanders though :D

DeletedUser

I think this is a good idea. I remember the old archiving thing so that nothing got "lost" and I think this is so much better. Going to play havoc on the disbanders though :D

Thanks very much, Dominotx! :) And hey, this feature is supposed to solve problems by providing transparency- if it discourages malicious disbanding as well, then all the better! :D Thanks again. ;)

DeletedUser

Bumping this for further consideration since it hit the second page. :)

DeletedUser

Aaand we're nearly at the bottom of the page again. :) I don't want to be 'that guy' who has a conversation with themselves just to reach 30 posts, but when the thread does reach 30 posts it should be eligible to be moved to the 'improvements' forum, I believe. :)

Thanks again for everyone's interest in this idea!!

Varun

Strategos
I too like this idea. Lane I think its time to show your 'thread moving to Improvements section' magic. ;)

P.S. Couldn't think of a good name for the magic, sorry. :p

DeletedUser

I too like this idea. Lane I think its time to show your 'thread moving to Improvements section' magic. ;)

P.S. Couldn't think of a good name for the magic, sorry. :p

Thanks for your support, Varun, and your mod-ly encouragement! :D Plus, any magic is great magic- no special terminology needed!! :cool:

Thanks again!

DeletedUser27700

Moved to Improvements.
Please continue to elaborate and discuss this :)

Varun

Strategos
Thanks for your support, Varun, and your mod-ly encouragement! :D Plus, any magic is great magic- no special terminology needed!! :cool:

Thanks again!

So, its in Improvements now.

Actually, I had a suggestion. Why don't we also show the deleted post? I mean, keep a record of it in the history of the forums or something like that. Also, there should be an archive for the forums. I mean, something with a size limit of 100KB or something so that threads that are deleted accidentaly can be brought back.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So, its in Improvements now.

Actually, I had a suggestion. Why don't we also show the deleted post? I mean, keep a record of it in the history of the forums or something like that. Also, there should be an archive for the forums. I mean, something with a size limit of 100KB or something so that threads that are deleted accidentaly can be brought back.

Having a full record of the post would be too much for the log. The purpose of the log would be to just make note of who is doing what and when and to what extent. If you can imagine just a text box with single-line generated text, that's all this is meant to be. As for a forum archive, that would probably be a different improvement that sadly is unrelated to this one. :/ You could make a new topic for that, though! :D However I will venture to say that if your feature is something that no other forum on the internet has (i.e. retrieving deleted posts) then I'm not sure how far it'll go for being applied to the in-game alliance forum. :/

Thanks again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WOOOOO!!!! VOTING TIME!!!!! :D :D :D

Please take a moment, Voters, to read the first post of this thread! It may seem like a lot, but it's very straight-forward and organized. This is a feature that does have to do with maintaining an alliance, but it is something that could be turned on for any member of the alliance and is a feature I feel is extremely useful in the long-term.

Thanks so much for your consideration in this voting cycle and please vote for axe-ing something else!! THANKS!!:pro:

DeletedUser39847

I love this idea...it's a pain trying to figure the actives from the dead weight simmers

DeletedUser

I love this idea...it's a pain trying to figure the actives from the dead weight simmers

Thanks for your support!! I really do think it'll help a ton once it gets put in.

The voting poll for Improvements XI seems to be closed! All hail the forum log!! Thanks so much to everyone who supported the idea and did NOT vote it out of the poll! And if you did vote for it, hopefully soon you'll discover how awesome it is.

Thanks again, everybody!!:pro:

Status
Not open for further replies.