In Respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Grepolis Users

As I am sure, many of you are already aware, us here in Australia are currently suffering its worst recorded floods since 1974.

The flood is still pouring through Brisbane, leaving one of our largest cities 75% under water. I would like to ask of you all to spare thoughts and prayers for all, but most importantly, for the ones who couldn't get out in time, and for those who are listed as missing.

I fortunately was able to get my family out in time, but it does not make these events any less devastating for our country and our people.Thank you for your time.

12 people dead - 5 Children
90 missing (lowered from 92 as 2 lucky survivors where saved)

198309-flood-toowong.jpg
348110-flood-queen-goodna.jpg
760162-brisbane-flood.jpg
008169-flash-valley-parking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dear TK and all Australian players, I wish you and your family's luck and that players may go easy on you as you may be going under tough times,Again i am sorry for your losses and hope Aus can recover quickly from this.

As many may know America is also morning the loss of 6 people,15 Injured in the Tucson massacre,a 9 year old girl and 2 elderly in their late 70s and one of America's nicest congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords. While this compares nothing to the natural disasters that have happened in the last few years

Wednesday marks the Haiti Earthquake which devastated and killed many,this is another very sading national disaster

With Great Regards Apoll0911.

Wishing you luck from the USA,I hope the rest of my country does too.

DeletedUser

I have quite a bit of Family in Brisbane, including my father who i haven't heard from since yesterday morning. I hope you and yours stay safe if not dry.

Thoughts and love with all those in the flood crisis,

~Sapph.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, Tommy.

Glad to hear you and your family got out, but God Rest The Others Souls.

I'm sure one of my relatives was in Australia but he is fine.

Kind regards,
Thomas.

DeletedUser

Got to be appreciative that a flood so large has been contained to such a small number of people, considering that there are 2 million people that had to be evacuated. Not to belittle the importance of this, but it'd be great if every country could get through something like that as smoothly.

On a lighter note, I think Rooster needs to comment- and I feel obliged to sign this although you can see my name in three different places pretty clearly.

Sincerely,
Raurio

Edit- I don't feel as If I made it obvious, of course I feel sympathy for those missing and their families, I am humanALICE.

DeletedUser

I wasn't even aware of the situation. I hope the names of the missing continue to turn up. Best of luck to you TK and your fellow countrymen.

-Chris

DeletedUser

348110-flood-queen-goodna.jpg

Is this some kind of a joke? Rooster do not know how to swim X(

Anyway Tommy, did you guys get a flood warning before ?

DeletedUser

I wish you and all others suffering from this flooding luck. My prayers also go out to those that are missing and their families. I will continue to pray for those who have died because of this tragic event.

DeletedUser

I pray for the fallen
The dead without a name
I pray for the weak
The one who is no longer whole
I pray for the strong
Who shoulder the burden of it all
~A Poem by DozerZigashi

My prayers go out to the victims of the flood.

DeletedUser

my prayers are with all who have lost a loved one. im glad you are safe TK.

DeletedUser

The prayers of this family include all facing this disaster. May the Lord hear and protect....

DeletedUser

It's not just Australia having the floods, there are also several floods in my country. But Australia's flood is worse. Really hoped that this bad weather lightens up soon. And a fast recovery for Brisbane...

DeletedUser

My thoughts go out to everyone out there. I used to live in Brisbane and hope the people I knew are ok.

DeletedUser

Firelord this is not funny at all. People lost lives,KIDS lost their lives,hundreds lost pets and their houses

DeletedUser

well fortunately I didn't, but many poor people and children did.

but If you look like that, then I'm sure I can understand why you think of death regularly.

DeletedUser

I find it amusing how you must think this is going to get to me?

I just find comfort in knowing your obviously the 13 year old obese kid at school that gets bullied.

So i guess I just pity you.

DeletedUser

Please stop throwing insults at each other,There is will no point in doing so.

DeletedUser

knowing my luck I would be the one banned/infracted when I actually have not said anything offensive, more general statements.

however i do find it disturbing tho how someone can laugh at the loss of other peoples lives/families.

DeletedUser13647

This is really terrible. Especially to happen during the Australian Open. (tennis player/fan)

I can't believe that something like this could ever happen. If only we lived on a planet without disasters like this: Hurricane Katrina, Eruption of Pompeii, Eruption of Kaitou, and many others. All the lives lost will never be forgotten, all the missing people. Just like POW/MIA. None are forgotten. Even the ones that can't be named, their deaths will be always remembered. And their lives will be remembered even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.