Passed Intimidating Farming Villages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I llike this thread alot. I personally have many naval cities and only have 3 or 4 farms because i dont want to have to build that many units to take them all. so when i first get the city i build like 10 horses and take my farms. after that i dont touch the others and build my ships. And as for the cost of 25k per resource i think that is a little pricey. Id rather it be free and just have that point requirement

DeletedUser

I think it's a great idea. I hate having to waste resources and troops on farming villages when I'm in the midst of taking enemy cities. If I have to worry about taking the FV's rather than build ships, it puts a damper on my progress. I also agree with the 2 city minimum. :)

DeletedUser31931

Why complicate the game when it really isn't needed? This game is complicated enough already! Think about all the new players coming in and trying to learn the game, they certainly don't want more complicated things like this.

DeletedUser33530

Well i think its a good idea but there really is no point to it in reality you could just make the city a land troop city then kill them all attacking the farms and then build only ships

DeletedUser38828

The two city minimum is a good idea meaning if you wanted it in the tutorials it could pop up as soon as you have your second city, for new players to intimidate a new farming village.

Varun

Strategos
Great idea but we can imply a CL restraint. The higher CL a player has the greater will the effect of intimidation be.

DeletedUser

I like the idea with the 2 cities minimum.
When I began Grepo, fighting for FV really helped getting some basics. But at later stages, players don't know what to do with those "leftovers from the farming villages"... The Intimidating system is more natural and realistic. And it's good players can start specializing their cities earlier on - promises more surprises in fighting.

A flaw: there would be no interest in Demand rather than Looting if you can get the village back without a fight when it gets in revolt. Possible fix: if the FV gets in revolt you can't get it back by intimidation for, let's say, 24 hours. Still possible to get it back by fighting in the meantime. Sounds realistic overall.

DeletedUser

this is a great idea... i was thinking about it sometime ago along with a few other stuff... but i dont think you should av the naval units accounted for as to me intimidate is to drive fear into the villagers that dont want to loose their men, knowing they wont win this one... unless you are putting into consideration that players might want to use this city for strictly naval units. but even then some amount of land unit should be required to make it a more realist as a man can captain a boat and light a cannon gun but still cant fight to even defend his bread. one more thing, for those who wish to actually fight, why dont we compensated with battle points since we are actually loosing units... just something to consider...

DeletedUser345

I think I number of significant changes need to be made; firstly change it from troop number to farm space used in troops; this will give bigger benefits to naval units. I also think something needs to be changed about the required amounts for intimidation as at the moment in an early game scenario it is just not a viable option. I look to have conquered my 7th village at about the 2500-3000 point mark in order to give myself maximum growth and can do that with 150 slinger (600 FS); with this i would need to have a 6000 point city and 2000 troops which is just ridiculous. In my mind the farming system works as in you are losing a few troops and consequently resources to be gained back in the future through increased farming, its an investment. Your taking this away so in my mind it is a no.

DeletedUser8396

I think I number of significant changes need to be made; firstly change it from troop number to farm space used in troops; this will give bigger benefits to naval units. I also think something needs to be changed about the required amounts for intimidation as at the moment in an early game scenario it is just not a viable option. I look to have conquered my 7th village at about the 2500-3000 point mark in order to give myself maximum growth and can do that with 150 slinger (600 FS); with this i would need to have a 6000 point city and 2000 troops which is just ridiculous. In my mind the farming system works as in you are losing a few troops and consequently resources to be gained back in the future through increased farming, its an investment. Your taking this away so in my mind it is a no.

The numbers are only examples to help illustrate certain possibilities. We all Inno will put whatever values they want lol...

DeletedUser8396

Good job on the pass pebble!

EDIT:

My location is a joke. If you -rep me for it, that's plain out stupid. And even IF you -rep me for it, sign it. Dont be a coward with what little power you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.