Is a One World Government/Currency a Necessary Step in Social Evolution?

DeletedUser31385

Well, this would definitely be a bad idea. We don't need a global empire.

DeletedUser29066

The idea of a single world government/currency is ludicrous. Terrible, terrible idea. Only if we can eliminate all the old hatreds and rivalries between races, religions and ethnic groups could it even begin to stand a chance of working, and even then it would be far too cumbersome to ever succeed. My God, could you picture someone like Putin or Trump in charge of the ENTIRE FRIGGIN WORLD????

There's only one way to make it work, and that's to put me in charge. Hassan the Magnificent, Emperor of Earth and the First Human Galactic Empire. But even that would be doomed to a short existence, since who is there worthy enough to succeed me? Pebble? Baudin? Richard? No one ... I am destined to be the first and last. Shed a tear mortals, for what might have been.

DeletedUser31385

The idea of a single world government/currency is ludicrous. Terrible, terrible idea. Only if we can eliminate all the old hatreds and rivalries between races, religions and ethnic groups could it even begin to stand a chance of working, and even then it would be far too cumbersome to ever succeed. My God, could you picture someone like Putin or Trump in charge of the ENTIRE FRIGGIN WORLD????

There's only one way to make it work, and that's to put me in charge. Hassan the Magnificent, Emperor of Earth and the First Human Galactic Empire. But even that would be doomed to a short existence, since who is there worthy enough to succeed me? Pebble? Baudin? Richard? No one ... I am destined to be the first and last. Shed a tear mortals, for what might have been.

*discovers secret to immortality.

DeletedUser8396

That's quite assumptuous and narrow. You're assuming that there is no way for there to be a system which self corrects and adjusts. As for the age old hatreds, all that requires is one generation of re education.

DeletedUser29066

That's quite assumptuous and narrow. You're assuming that there is no way for there to be a system which self corrects and adjusts. As for the age old hatreds, all that requires is one generation of re education.

One generation? All kidding aside, I think that's highly optimistic. I think we need to raise the standard of living of much of the third world, make significant strides in reducing corruption and cut the number of regional armed conflicts before we can create an environment conducive to first several large regional governments, and perhaps someday a global governing body. I'm counting on the rest of you to pave the way for the Golden Age of Hassan.

and please excuse the double post:cool:

DeletedUser27128

There's only one way to make it work, and that's to put me in charge. Hassan the Magnificent, Emperor of Earth and the First Human Galactic Empire. But even that would be doomed to a short existence, since who is there worthy enough to succeed me? Pebble? Baudin? Richard? No one ... I am destined to be the first and last. Shed a tear mortals, for what might have been

*Starts petition to support this movement*

DeletedUser33530

One generation? All kidding aside, I think that's highly optimistic.
If one were to teach every child ever born from this day forth only equality and not even expose them to concept of racism we would have a generation without racism. This generation would pass on their values of equality to their childern and so on. Over time the racists of the world would die off and racism would be extinct. Just a silly idea that a bunch of idiots once held.

Were we to do this to just one generation racism would die. That is not optimistic. What is optimistic is thinking that at this current time we could pull that off.

DeletedUser50183

a single currency you can use around the world thus making business and travel far simplier. There is one benefit for you.

If we had one world currency what do you think would happen to the forex market? Methinks the disadvantage of losing trillions of dollars in currency value is probably a bad thing....

So I'd say no to one world currency....

If one were to teach every child ever born from this day forth only equality and not even expose them to concept of racism we would have a generation without racism. This generation would pass on their values of equality to their childern and so on. Over time the racists of the world would die off and racism would be extinct. Just a silly idea that a bunch of idiots once held.

Were we to do this to just one generation racism would die. That is not optimistic.

Well, This obviously isn't true...Put simply, Who introduced racism to the first people ever to live? The answer is...no one did. Overtime people simply wanted to feel better than other people and thus used the basis of race to achieve that goal. If your plan was implemented the exact same thing would happen a second time...

btw I would vote for you as the emperor of the Human Galactic Empire!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33530

If we had one world currency what do you think would happen to the forex market? Methinks the disadvantage of losing trillions of dollars in currency value is probably a bad thing....

So I'd say no to one world currency....
oh no we'll lose trillions of dollars that have no actual value what ever shall we do.
That said i also have no clue what the forex market is.

Well, This obviously isn't true...Put simply, Who introduced racism to the first people ever to live? The answer is...no one did. Overtime people simply wanted to feel better than other people and thus used the basis of race to achieve that goal. If your plan was implemented the exact same thing would happen a second time...

you missed the part were we would teach the childern equality. That is something that didn't happen to the first humans. They just made stuff up as they went along.

DeletedUser

oh no we'll lose trillions of dollars that have no actual value what ever shall we do.
That said i also have no clue what the forex market is.

you missed the part were we would teach the childern equality. That is something that didn't happen to the first humans. They just made stuff up as they went along.

Yeah. That's your excuse and you are sticking to it :rolleyes:

DeletedUser33530

Yeah. That's your excuse and you are sticking to it :rolleyes:

This is an excuse "i also have no clue what the forex market is."

This is not "you missed the part were we would teach the childern equality. That is something that didn't happen to the first humans. They just made stuff up as they went along."
Now, im rereading that and i plan to change my explanation a bit but it will still not be close to an excuse.