is there a alliance that's elite

• Thread starter Steven Frostblood
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Can I not have a day to reply? Man, you guys are impatient.

I never said I was high and mighty; I just said your alliance is bad based on everything I have seen from you. If you don't like my opinion, too bad - it is mine and you can't take it away from me... unless you can somehow prove that Synergy has done anything for me to consider them a good alliance.

Your stats are bad, go twilight. So who are the elite in your alliance?

DeletedUser

I never said I was high and mighty; I just said your alliance is bad based on everything I have seen from you. If you don't like my opinion, too bad - it is mine and you can't take it away from me... unless you can somehow prove that Synergy has done anything for me to consider them a good alliance.

Explain to me what you consider elite, and I never said my stats were good, heck I know their terrible and I like them that way (well not really)

DeletedUser

I never said I was and Im not, but neither are you.
Regardless synergy is still elite!

I can relax now because EOW has cleared out any viable threats in the oceans Im in.
But you've never done anything of note. I have in the past when needed and I will again if needed.

DeletedUser

There are many factors I take into considering someone elite. It depends on how long you have been playing as well.

To truly know if someone is really good at the game, I have to actually fight them in game and they must be nearby... that is only true gauge I can get on if someone is really good or not. But if I had to base off of stats only, I first look at attacking BP, if it is under 300k, they are not that elite in my book. If you aren't attacking your alliances enemies, then you may be useless as a teammate, unless you are a huge assistance in defense which is impossible to tell unless that player is in your alliance and you see how much he participates in actively defending everyone.

Next I look at colonizations - most of the guys I look up for stats never take the enemy cities, just lots of inactives, internal consumption, etc... so I immediately don't consider them very elite.

That is pretty much the extent I look at stat-wise when determining ones abilities. Defensive BP could just mean your alliance loads up your cities with defense which I see all the time so I ignore that mostly... but it is nice to see if you have at least a 100k so you know they have fought off attacks at some point. The ones with almost no D BP, I wonder if they would quit real quick if they ever were under fire.

DeletedUser

Sorry but the number one alliance is elite, it is the TOP, THE BEST, NUMBER ONE.

IMHO an "elite" alliance should have superior teamwork.... Orthia does not have this. Maybe a few people here and there work together but as a whole the alliance is fragmented and does not work well together. You merely have the largest gathering of heavy hitters, making you the top ranked alliance. Last I checked though TW was closing the gap.

DeletedUser

Based on my personal experience Synergy is like a neutral army in a two player game of Risk. They are just a buffer between the people doing the fighting.

DeletedUser

I can relax now because EOW has cleared out any viable threats in the oceans Im in.
But you've never done anything of note. I have in the past when needed and I will again if needed.

could you please elaborate this post?
okay the first one I consider ''elite'' is Ginormous, great with teamwork, over 500k more than most people in TW-Shadow, and plenty of offensive and defensive BP. Very active player
another Alcebiades, plenty of points enough offensive BP according to your standards, even though his defensive bp is higher its not like you can blame him for that. Also activeley participates in forums and is a great help.
Ill post the third when Im not so busy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18575

could you please elaborate this post?
okay the first one I consider ''elite'' is Ginormous, great with teamwork, over 500k more than most people in TW-Shadow, and plenty of offensive and defensive BP. Very active player
another Alcebiades, plenty of points enough offensive BP according to your standards, even though his defensive bp is higher its not like you can blame him for that. Also activeley participates in forums and is a great help.
Ill post the third when Im not so busy

Are you serious??

Alcebiades,
I won't even get started on him.
He is the same as another player NLBennie from Ghost Pirates.
Both players are completely useless, they hide behind an alliance rather then taking a problem on themselves.
I found NLBennie quite easy, as I imagine Alcebiades will be if I ever meet him on the battle field.

DeletedUser18575

WM802 and I were sticking up for you, Oh and closing down on that number one BP spot :p

DeletedUser

That part was directed at WM802, not you andrew. He wrote:
Also, why have you not answered Essex?
after less than 5 hours of me not answering go twilight's lame response.

As for your elite - you may consider them elite, but until I fight them.. I beg to differ. He has taken a few of our inactive towns, big whoop, he has taken mostly all inactives or internal consumption. How is that really helping in your war against others? Oh yea, you are always at the receiving end of wars, not on the offensive. Alcebiades maybe.. but see post above from andrew.

DeletedUser18575

I took that as WM802 asking twighlight why he has not answered you :p lol

DeletedUser

Ah, that makes sense lol. I interpreted it wrong :eek: If he had comma before my name, I would of read it right, but he wrote it correctly. My bad

DeletedUser

56th phalanx is pretty close.

tw-shadow is also very close, but there's still a small number of riff-raff with us that don't love the fighting as much as they should :) as far as the larger alliances go though, tw-s is the closest to being elite.

for the smaller ones I'm only really aware of 56th phalanx, but i'm sure there are some other good ones that i just don't know about because they're in oceans far from where i see action.

DeletedUser

here's a hint, if you have to come out and claim your alliance is elite in a public forum? or argue your case against other players? then guess what, you're alliance probably isn't elite.

elite alliances to me can be justified in a whole range of statistical ways, but in the end it comes down to an attitude - an elitist attitude, but a well earned elitist attitude. you don't get the attitude without earning it by dominating a bunch of people. number of members of the alliance is irrelevant; if you have 80 members and all are elite players, then you are just as elite of an alliance as the 20 member alliance that has all elite players. the point is, to get the attitude, you have to earn it by being elite; and players who have that attitude don't feel the need to come on the forums and brag about how elite they are - they let their in game exploits speak for themselves.

DeletedUser

I think we all want to believe our alliance is elite and superior, but none have truly achieved an "elite" status yet. I think some have come close, but fortunately none have attained it, at least to the point where they can completely dominate the world no matter who they're up against. That would be bad, for someone of my stature anyway. My personal stats are not impressive and I admit it lol, but I do think synergy is better than they get credit for. Just my opinions, if you disagree please be civil at least.

DeletedUser

Sorry but the number one alliance is elite, it is the TOP, THE BEST, NUMBER ONE.

The rest are just playing catch up.

Those who disagree will all be those outside position number one.

Hogs Of Destiny were once #1.

There have been a number of alliances who were once "elite" and by elite I mean by standard of quality, not by having their stats upped by a vast number of members.

A quick check of a player's combative capabilities (which I use as a guideline for recruitment) is city points divided by battle points.
5 and above, aren't aggressive
3-4 are basic
3-2 are capable
2-1 are great
1-0 excellent

Such as Garyjoe, 1.03 (who's rating fell from my last check of 0.87)
And before my cowardly neighbour starts to speak up I rank myself by BPa alone.

Of course huge city losses can skew the data and no one wants someone who founds all their cities.
But as a basic check to see who peacefully buys their culture points or who actively fights in this war game, it is useful.

If you could be arsed, you could work your way through an entire alliance to find their mean city/battle scores and see who comes in highest ranked.
I'd actually be interested in seeing that.