Discussion Isn't Lightning Bolt unfair

DeletedUser

The spell lightning bolt of zeus is unfair because for a developed city for only two hundred favors, yo can cost players hundreds of points, a spell like that should cost at least 300 favor.

DeletedUser20429

No I think it's perfectly fair. Because if you do the math you only get 500 favor. Now 250 means that only 2 bolts can be cast within a certain period. Plus there is a cool down. So that no one can bolt you constantly.

DeletedUser

It's 200 favour for a bolt Luke, not 250. :) You'd still only get two bolts from a full tank of juice though.

As for the matter at hand, I see no problems with a bolt costing 200.

DeletedUser20429

oops my bad lol. I must have been thinking of something else. Anyway my point is made. I believe it's an 8h cool down?

DeletedUser

I believe it depends on world speed, but yes, for speed 1 I think it's 8 hours.

DeletedUser

yeah but even a spell like plague that depletes resources for 6 hours cost 250 favor, but this spell if it damages a high point cty almost anything it hist will take numerous hours to a day to rebuild, if your smart you can do this multiple times a day, and theres no way yo can stop the casting so lets says someone casts it 3 times in one day they all somehow hit the library and temple, thats almost 200 points, hours of building, an and tons of resources, now tell me thats not unfair.

DeletedUser

Its TOTALLY unfair, it should be able to destroy the building all together ;)

DeletedUser

The Lightning Bolt is a petty and annoying action...

With very little game usefulness.

The only possible reason I think there is to do it, is to force your opponent to spend his resources on rebuilding instead of creating armies & fleets.

And that's a stretch... in my humble opinion.... only a lame & childish player bolts another player's cities.

:pro: Don't be lame & childish

DeletedUser

I believe it depends on world speed, but yes, for speed 1 I think it's 8 hours.

Speed 1 its 4....

Sheesh you mods are worthless.

meh bolts don't do anything apart from wear down your points a bit. I get bolted on a daily basis in Ephesus yet it doesn't bother me because at the end of the day it doesn't affect much.

DeletedUser

Unless done by lots of players on lots of cities I don#t see the point/

On Chi we did loads of bolts/plague/earthquakes and it eventually frustrated two big players into leaving. Does have other effects. We called in spell bomb :cool:

DeletedUser

Speed 1 its 4....

Sheesh you mods are worthless.

xaph0.jpg

So much love. :S ... ... ...

DeletedUser29371

lol :)

Dw we love you Kanga :p

Ummm no it is my belief that the bolt is not useless although it is very ineffective.

Its ineffective and annoying...

Id vote to change it to something else instantly (like give us 700 stone for 30 favor PLEASE)

Noone was conquered cos of being LBed, only annoyed...

DeletedUser

Well no. The stone spell is for Athena. Join the HW if you want that.

DeletedUser

Actually, I believe that the LB is something annoying, rather than useful...
I can call EQs and plagues useful, as they totally make it difficult for the enemy to build up walls or army ;)
LB-ing someone is an annoying action that wastes their resources (in order to rebuild the damaged building), but I don't think that it's the most useful of all during war times...
For example, let's say I'm the defender... If someone gives me an EQ, I will run to rebuild my walls... If someone plagues me, I will run to get resources, but if someone bolts me, I won't care so much... But in some cases (when it destroyed farms), it becomes really irritating... To sum up, I don't believe that it's useless... But I find some other spells more useful than it ;)