Discussion Isn't Lightning Bolt unfair

DeletedUser

yeah but even a spell like plague that depletes resources for 6 hours cost 250 favor, but this spell if it damages a high point cty almost anything it hist will take numerous hours to a day to rebuild, if your smart you can do this multiple times a day, and theres no way yo can stop the casting so lets says someone casts it 3 times in one day they all somehow hit the library and temple, thats almost 200 points, hours of building, an and tons of resources, now tell me thats not unfair.

I thought Athena's spell of Protection would make you immune for 12 hours?

Not a spell to use like earthquake for a city to be conquested, but excellent used en masse to knock a city completely flat in an area you don't want to move into at the time.

DeletedUser24356

City protection is one spell i love it is offensive (not joking if anyone wants an explanation pm me) and defensive

DeletedUser29371

I thought Athena's spell of Protection would make you immune for 12 hours?

Not a spell to use like earthquake for a city to be conquested, but excellent used en masse to knock a city completely flat in an area you don't want to move into at the time.

City Protection spell is ABSOLUTE garbage.

It does not do ANYTHING to the attacker and all it does is restricts everyone including yourself to put any spells on your city (happiness)

The only way City Protection spell would be useless if either of 2 changes would happen.

1. Do not restrict spells on City simply make it ineffective so attacker spends all Favor for that spell
2. Allow friendly spells to stil lbe cast upon the city

DeletedUser

Not going to disagree with whether it's absolute garbage or not. Simply pointing out that the line "theres no way yo can stop the casting" is in error. I gather it's use would be highly situational in any event.

After reading your suggestion, I apologize for my noobishness, and not realizing the City Protection spell could only be cast on your own city. Casting it on a opponent's city to deny them Happiness, Pop Growth, etc. could have been useful in some situations.

DeletedUser7697

yeah but even a spell like plague that depletes resources for 6 hours cost 250 favor, but this spell if it damages a high point cty almost anything it hist will take numerous hours to a day to rebuild, if your smart you can do this multiple times a day, and theres no way yo can stop the casting so lets says someone casts it 3 times in one day they all somehow hit the library and temple, thats almost 200 points, hours of building, an and tons of resources, now tell me thats not unfair.

You are able to stop people from casting lightning bolt on you if you or someone else casts Athena's city protection spell. Also the lightning bolt can not attack special buildings like the library so you don't have to worry about that. I think that Zeus's lightning bolt is fair because unlike resources collection, favour collection is extremely slow. Even a level 25 temple collects 5 favour per hour and it takes 40 hours to collect the Favour needed to cast lightning bolt. There is the issue of multiple people bolting you at the same time but that was fixed by putting a 4 hour cool down.

DeletedUser24356

You are able to stop people from casting lightning bolt on you if you or someone else casts Athena's city protection spell. Also the lightning bolt can not attack special buildings like the library so you don't have to worry about that. I think that Zeus's lightning bolt is fair because unlike resources collection, favour collection is extremely slow. Even a level 25 temple collects 5 favour per hour and it takes 40 hours to collect the Favour needed to cast lightning bolt. There is the issue of multiple people bolting you at the same time but that was fixed by putting a 4 hour cool down.
uhh thats in speed one and if you have lv 25 temples worshiping the same go it's 10 3temples 25 etc in speed two it's 10 and that multiplies as well adds on to favor being produced by the number of temples worshiping that god even if temple is lv Not so slow now is it?

DeletedUser11965

Speed 3 bro..lol, in that case...it doesnt take long for the bolt, and if it hits like a lv30 academy (i get uber annoyed)

DeletedUser

i used it in a world where this dude was relentlessly attacking me so i just switched my gods just kept pelting him with earthquakes and lightning bolts until he quit.

DeletedUser

Speed 3 bro..lol, in that case...it doesnt take long for the bolt, and if it hits like a lv30 academy (i get uber annoyed)

what about it hitting your lvl 40 farm... like 10 hours to rebuild