Pending Lag issue... Painful tornmenting, and headace intruducing

DeletedUser21671

Hello I'm growing extremely fustrated by the lag that the game cause. I don't know where to post about lag issue. Since alot of bug does cause fustration so maby this is the best suit for me to post.

O.K having one town isn't a problem, but having more then 1 town that where it crawl under your skin. I'm seriosly thinking about abandon this game because it's way to laggy it's just not worth the effort. I can't imaiging me having 20 city, or more I can't imaiging the fustration that I will be having if the problem keep on perishing.

Alright I would have to close, and reopen very often in the farming villiage for demand, I would have to close, and reopen almost 50% of the time for me just to be able to get something working. The odd are fliping a quarter it can be head, or tails the odd are 50% chance that it won't lag out, or it will lag out.

If you have any sugguestion how I can fix this bug, or the lag that I am having, and yes I did read the instruction before posting a bug report I did clean my history, cach, internet folder, and temporary folder it did help some, but not enough for my enjoyment pleasure, and yes I do have a fast internet connection, and a good pc I am also pretty sure that I am not the only one that having this trouble, but if I am then please tell me how to be free from this horrible fustration that cause me just a huge amount of headace.

DeletedUser

Hiya Opywang1 ~

I am having the same issues a lot of the other players are having with lag. I don't think this issue is from our connection as it wasn't this bad before the update. So, I think it's Grepolis' side.

I did read that Grepolis was aware of the issue and are working on it now. I hope things get resolved quick and can you continue to play with enjoyment. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I did post a reply in another thread, try using the newest version of firefox. Not Internet explorer or google chrome. Someone did say that safari worked as well, but I can't personally confirm that.
I had all these problems and more... 1sr time I opened the game in firefox, all problems gone. I don't know why, it just does. Hope this helps. If it does please tell others. Thanks.

DeletedUser4013

This seems to be different for every player. Some have reported having no issues, others report severe lag on all browsers. It is known and Inno is working on it.

DeletedUser

I've did a few run tests most of my refresh times have been .75 to 2 seconds but every once in a while (1 out of 20) I get one that takes 6+ seconds.

considering i need to fresh my screen to do anything in this game and i have over 100 city we are talking thousand of times a day.

this is a major bug it's one that might get me to quit. A browser game that can't browse smoothly is like a car with engine problems. Fix it or sell it but it's broken at the moment.

DeletedUser

Farming is sooo slow. Upto 5 -10 seconds of delay on Athens.

And its not a browser issue. I have check on FF, IE and chrome(all updated). The lag is just there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did post a reply in another thread, try using the newest version of firefox. Not Internet explorer or google chrome. Someone did say that safari worked as well, but I can't personally confirm that.
I had all these problems and more... 1sr time I opened the game in firefox, all problems gone. I don't know why, it just does. Hope this helps. If it does please tell others. Thanks.

A different browser may make the game run slightly faster, but fact is that there is lag on all the browser types.

On top of this, why should we have to change our browser for a GAME?

I am on IE8 and my browser works for everything else i use the internet for. Clearly, this is an Inno problem and must be sorted as i know many people quitting or planning to because of the recent lag on upgraded worlds.

DeletedUser

A different browser may make the game run slightly faster, but fact is that there is lag on all the browser types.

I am on IE8 and my browser works for everything else i use the internet for. Clearly, this is an Inno problem and must be sorted as i know many people quitting or planning to because of the recent lag on upgraded worlds.

from my tests switching from chrome to Firefox will help save you .4 seconds per refresh, but, It continue to display the bugs more frequently and has more response errors.

basically 2.0 does not run better on chrome, chrome is faster but doesn't complete the program as written. and gives up when it can't display something correctly and displays it wrongly or just doesn't display it.

Firefox has the same bugs and errors but seems to be able to figure it out making them intermittent bugs vs constant.

I do not know if the cart is before the horse, or the horse is before the cart when we are talking about lag times and errors.

are the errors creating the Lag? or is the Lag issues creating the errors? I believe it the program itself creating the lag and doesn't stop the program from running but does stop a function of the program from running. Lag being created because the browsers are questing the missing information.

DeletedUser

agreed

I am on IE8 and my browser works for everything else i use the internet for.
the game is not designed for old browsers, so when old browsers give more problems than new browsers the logical step would be to update your browser.

it's like complaining that you can't run skyrim on your old 386 when it can run dosshell, tetris and civilisation 1 just fine :p

that's rather a separate issue to the lag though, which is a problem (even if to slightly varying degrees) on all browsers :( as has been said in many other threads and support tickets, the devs are working on this so please try to be as patient as possible and hopefully the game will be running relatively smoothly again before too long.

DeletedUser

I'd have thought that it'd be a computer issue, when I play on my laptop it lags alot however, when on an actual computer it's fine, no lag.

DeletedUser15509

tO sLOW

I'd have thought that it'd be a computer issue, when I play on my laptop it lags alot however, when on an actual computer it's fine, no lag.

This lag issue has been here for some time now,way before the update. I tried ver.2 on it's original world and it was sooo slow then and quit. When this update came about I thought the speed issues would have been sorted,as INNO keep saying they are aware. That may be the casr but are they doing anything about it,doesn't seem like it to me. Also I have an issue that everything I do within the game takes twice as long because I always get a RESPONSE ERROR message which results in having to do the task at least one more time sometimes more. If these issues are not sorted sooner rather than later people are going to leave in their droves,me for one,real life time is more important than a GAME!!!!

DeletedUser

Far too little, far too late.

Its been a week, I think that is long enough to wait and yet to see that anything concrete has been/is going to be done.

So, Goodbye all, I am out of the 2 worlds that I (USE TO be able to) play.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to say that in my opinion it is rather irrational to demand InnoGames to fix issues so quickly and threaten with "quitting". Yes, they may be serious and make playing the game very difficult, but there's a lot of work that goes into finding bugs and fixing them. As you can tell by the forum posts, there's no specific browser or operating system that causes this issues - it is rather widespread and some people experience and some don't. I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare trying to track down the exact cause and that's not even taking into account the code itself.

I understand it is frustrating, but at the same time it is rather childish to expect massive issues to be fixed within a rather small time frame.

You could always hit VM for the festivities and hopefully it'll be fixed while you're busy celebrating, just saying.

DeletedUser

It cant be a computer issue, I have a really expensive computer with 12meg of RAM.

Fibreoptic broadband

Grepolis is the only internet site/application that lags

DeletedUser

I can bet that lag will end instantly when InnoGames stop using kontagent.com. Right now they are informed about our activities every few clicks.

DeletedUser

Response Errors

I'm getting a lot of "response errors" lately-seems like just in the last two weeks. really frustrating; not sure what to do about it. any ideas? still looking thru forum to see if there are any notes about it.

DeletedUser

I cannot log into Upsilon at all. Using chrome I get this:

This web page is not available
The connection to en20.grepolis.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Check your Internet connection. Reboot any routers, modems or other network devices that you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted programme in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted programme, try deleting it from the list of permitted programmes and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure that the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the spanner menu > Options > Under the Bonnet > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

DeletedUser

sick and tired of this lag cant login thing. Twice I have missed my timing for a CS because I cannot log into Upsilon. SORT IT OUT

DeletedUser

I have a rubbish computer in my bedroom, and a top notch in my computer room. It actually runs better on the computer in my room, so I don't know what to do.

Most of my alliance on Corinth are also getting the same problem. I'm starting to hate companies who update a game before making the previous version run smoothly and efficiently, as it only gets worse in the update.

Varun

Strategos
Mine lags too though in a funny way. It does not show anything while the net connection is on. When i switch the net connection off, it shows a half-loaded web page.

P.S. I use Firefox 8.01, so no probs in the browser.
P.P.S: It occurs only in the recently updated 1.0 worlds. The beta world(warrior world) works just fine....