League Of De-loss

DeletedUser340

The last 2 weeks for LoD have been mayhem, I know many don't care but the forums are dead anyway.

The day started with a mass-mail. This mail contained a message regarding Truc, it's explained chances are we were going to war with them. We lost MrShaw a few days before, this guy was the beast of our team; the first target anyone thought of when looking at our alliance, this guy was our pitbull, reckless, aggressive and using everything to he had to further our goals.

--

A few days later we started a war with Truc, fun was being had on both sides and BP was flying for both of us (atleast by amounts we gained in other wars). We held our ground for a couple of days, exchanging attacks well. We took a couple of cities and were optimistic of the war. This was shortlived as Truc took the lead and continued to put the pressure on, we had no problem with this; it was an eventuality realistically.

Our founder Monord disappeared within the next day or so, he was the reason we got so far, a good diplomat, strategist and organizer. Truc turned their sights onto his villages, whether they knew he was inactive is irrelevent- he is our founder and bound to be targeted.

At this point we had all realized we had about 60/80 players doing anything in the alliance, the other were conquering internally, not supporting and definitely not attacking. This was a painful truth that we all realized, no matter how much we tried we couldn't get anybody involved. The people who were involved with the war were running low on troops, all time put into rebuilding troops and sending them as soon as they're built to send to cities under attack. This is a very tedious and annoying part of the game.

We realized we were losing for a reason, we were supporting all cities instead of only using what little troops we had to snipe CS's, but the problem was Monord wasn't active so we only had trips to tell us when they were killed, no real revolt times or incoming information.

WK took over leadership, he got irritated easy so in a constant p'd off mood he led us. Many people didn't follow his leadership so this made stuff a lot harder. A couple of days into his leadership he got RL issues and couldn't be online much.

WK has now quit and leadership has beem transferred to 'LukaJ' (A recent joiner who got given this the second he joined?) and Justin (Randomly made council and then leader).

I had been in the council from nearly the beginning and had no say in anything that happened, hence I have left.

That's just a little sotry on how LoD went so far.

DeletedUser

So people that started the war with Truc have quit or went to BL? Well, thats honorable thing to do, leave your comrades in time of need.

DeletedUser340

It's not exactly like that. We have members who have left due to chaos, I'm sure they have other reasons behind it however.

I personally left because being a long-term council member and following leaders who only now have had anything to with running the alliance seems stupid.

DeletedUser

Apart from internal reasons you mentioned, you forgot to mention the external factors:

LoD allied with BL, BL is known as an alliance that is just and only after its own benefits, they made you colonize in Ocean 45 to fight Venom, using your slots and resources to build up 1k cities, instead of taking decent cities to use them against any threats.

War starts, where is BL? they are your so called allies. where are they? oh yeah, BL does nt care, you also lost the war to BL strategies, apart from Truc being an organized attacking allaince

Anyways, It seems BL absorbs some of you and leave the rest to their own fates :)

There is a saying: Truth can not be kept hidden forever, 2 months ago everyone was saying Venom is blah blah, We backed up whatever we talked about in action, what did BL do? did they back up their words? did they kept their promises? I guess not... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser340

Apart from internal reasons you mentioned, you forgot to mention the external factors:

LoD allied with BL, BL is known as an alliance that is just and only after its own benefits, they made you colonize in Ocean 45 to fight Venom, using your slots and resources to build up 1k cities, instead of taking decent cities to use them against any threats.

That they did, we did so and did exactly what you said. Nicely put mate.

War starts, where is BL? they are your so called allies. where are they? oh yeah, BL does nt care, you also lost the war to BL strategies, apart from Truc being an organized attacking allaince

Truc made us look amatures, no doubt about that- a small group of players can't hold up an entire alliance forever...

Anyways, It seems BL absorbs some of you and leave the rest to their own fates :)

There is a saying: Truth can not be kept hidden forever, 2 months ago everyone was saying Venom is blah blah, We backed up whatever we talked about in action, what did BL do? did they back up their words? did they kept their promises? I guess not... :)

Yeah, BL invited and took quite a few of the players, a couple we could have done without though, as I learnt when I left LoD.

Surely my words in the quote count as five characters :(

DeletedUser

Exerts from 'Wars of Paros' Thread when everyone thought Venom is gone:

punch drunk said:
Exactly. What will happen is BL and Truc will continue with their love affair and will war against all others and control the world unchallenged.

What really needs to happen is Vict and RO and others to have some foresight and step out of the coalition now before it's too late for everyone.. BL is only using you all to hand them this server.

Conqueror II said:
While you are setting up a trap for your enemy, you may be slowly falling into his.

Don't worry about BL, Truc, VV, RO, TDP, we all know what we are doing, and we know when to pull out. At least i would like to think we all do.

ImPreeetySure said:
Exactly, Venom must think leadership is childish in other alliances, Everyone knows what they are doing and would of measured the consequences.

ImPreeetySure was right, we thought it is childish, funny thing is we were right :)

punch drunk was totally right in his last sentence :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

I can't say anything regarding the part about bl being our allies, since i had absolutely nothing to do with our diplomacy, so i'm not going to comment on that part.

As far as i know, every active LoD member was offered the option to join BL.

So people that started the war with Truc have quit or went to BL? Well, thats honorable thing to do, leave your comrades in time of need.

LOD was falling apart at the time I left(yesterday!). It really started happening once Shaw left, but monord disappearing on top of that was the final blow to the alliance.

I've been a member of paros for one day longer than i was a member of League of Delos, and that's been the twenty-four hours since i joined BL. I didn't want to leave, but i knew there was nothing left in LoD.

DeletedUser

BL is known as an alliance that is just and only after its own benefits

Why thank you! We take great pride in the fact that we understand how to win a world properly ;)

Isn't that what every alliance is doing? Or am I missing a piece of the puzzle

DeletedUser

Why thank you! We take great pride in the fact that we understand how to win a world properly ;)

Isn't that what every alliance is doing? Or am I missing a piece of the puzzle
Not all

but dont sweat it SF, it is a matter of taste, different people different tastes, different strategies, good or bad will be judged by others not me and you

Some like it to win a world by doing anything, some not :)

DeletedUser15581

Right... majority of humans want to be rich, but not everyone likes to do that by stabbing people them in the back and stealing them of everything!

DeletedUser

Right... majority of humans want to be rich, but not everyone likes to do that by stabbing people them in the back and stealing them of everything!

So at BL we're doing the equivalent of murder and robbery how? You seem to like to paint us in a bad picture, but provide no real proof :) I know your better than that Czar!

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at BL, but I know all our leaders are liberals with big hearts, and that all they wanna do is give there cities away to people who need them! So I'm not sure where your getting these ideas from

DeletedUser15581

Picked from your words, SF (I won't demean you again by calling you superslow, though superfast really doesn't suit your style :p)
When people accuse BL of being manipulative and dishonorable in order to win a world by hook or crook, you take "great pride" and accept it. So I was just drawing an example from real world, though a bit exaggerated.

BL made peace with Foofies and Chaos so they could gang up against us, then, they suddenly backstabbed them and had an op on them.
BL and LoD seemed the best buds the way BL was getting them to colonize in our areas and running sort of joint ops... Then again, when LoD were in trouble against Truc, BL didn't give a damn about the failing alliance. Instead just allowed it to fail completely and enjoy the spoils by picking up the top players.

There is a reason when Venom was looking for peace because it was difficult to take on top 6 alliances at the same time, we didn't even think about approaching BL, because you never know when BL will turn on its word again. Yes you guys are bathing in success now, but alliances who don't have honor lose everyone's trust and break down eventually. :pro:

DeletedUser41456

congrats tru on a quick war.

props to lod for fighting back ..just outskilled in that one.

DeletedUser38224

No, it's not "over" since the alliance still exists on the server, but Bigdit has taken over LoD.

DeletedUser23971

Picked from your words, SF (I won't demean you again by calling you superslow, though superfast really doesn't suit your style :p)
When people accuse BL of being manipulative and dishonorable in order to win a world by hook or crook, you take "great pride" and accept it. So I was just drawing an example from real world, though a bit exaggerated.

BL made peace with Foofies and Chaos so they could gang up against us, then, they suddenly backstabbed them and had an op on them.
BL and LoD seemed the best buds the way BL was getting them to colonize in our areas and running sort of joint ops... Then again, when LoD were in trouble against Truc, BL didn't give a damn about the failing alliance. Instead just allowed it to fail completely and enjoy the spoils by picking up the top players.

There is a reason when Venom was looking for peace because it was difficult to take on top 6 alliances at the same time, we didn't even think about approaching BL, because you never know when BL will turn on its word again. Yes you guys are bathing in success now, but alliances who don't have honor lose everyone's trust and break down eventually. :pro:

I am not saying this is true (like the majority of comments on this page) it may not be.

I did not agree with what was in effect a 2 day NAP between BL and Foofies mainly because externally it would appear like this and provide great propoganda - but there was apparently detail that Foofies were only using the NAP to re-build troops and then join Venom - I don't know if that is true as stated above.

I would normally try and discuss things on a forum, but it has got ridiculous here.

You could argue that the timing of Venom's OP on BL was intended to coincide with this.

You could argue (as any player with Grepo experience would understand) that it would be suicidal on a day where people saw czar and 50k in abp which were aimed at BL for BL to send defence to LoD cities where there was at best a tripwire report.

You could argue that BL don't have any issues with Truc so why would they try and prevent their conquests.

But naturally none of this will be sensibly discussed so why bother.