Lighthouse

DeletedUser

The Lighthouse will increase the speed of your ships by 20% instead of 10%
i already quite liked the lighthouse tbh, so a boost of 20% is great. it really can make the difference when fighting strong opponents, as we all know the travel time for CS can be vital.

DeletedUser

Nice boost but I don't think it will be enough. That 300 population from the baths is just too massive imo.

DeletedUser

LH is great for CS cities, this will increase that even more!! <3

DeletedUser345

I always toy between it and the thermal baths anyway but imo 250 light ships compared to 220 with a speed boost is just too much of a difference.

DeletedUser

it's what you can do with those couple less LS that helps :cool:

backtiming people trying to clear your LS is MUCH easier when you have a speed advantage, because you have the luxury of being able to recall your units a comfortable time after the attack lands and actually set up a time to return fire rather than trying to get them home as close as possible after the attack and then sending them away as fast as possible, while still generally giving the enemy a good 5-10 seconds at least to dodge (obviously the anti-timer will have its say though).

that said, i think the lighthouse will be far more useful for frontline CS cities than for LS cities, as is already the case.

DeletedUser345

it's what you can do with those couple less LS that helps :cool:

backtiming people trying to clear your LS is MUCH easier when you have a speed advantage, because you have the luxury of being able to recall your units a comfortable time after the attack lands and actually set up a time to return fire rather than trying to get them home as close as possible after the attack and then sending them away as fast as possible, while still generally giving the enemy a good 5-10 seconds at least to dodge (obviously the anti-timer will have its say though).

that said, i think the lighthouse will be far more useful for frontline CS cities than for LS cities, as is already the case.

That's why I use hydra, you can backtime them before their attack even lands due to the speed difference.

DeletedUser

That's why I use hydra, you can backtime them before their attack even lands due to the speed difference.
that's also an option (especially now if they cost less favour), although a faster option will always be more effective as it gives the enemy less chance to stack defence on you :)

DeletedUser345

that's also an option (especially now if they cost less favour), although a faster option will always be more effective as it gives the enemy less chance to stack defence on you :)

I take your point however it would only probably save around 30 minutes.

DeletedUser22234

The Lighthouse will increase the speed of your ships by 20% instead of 10%
I think there is some confusion here. Currently Light House increases the speed of your fleet by 15% and not 10%. So rebalancing will only increase it by 5%!

DeletedUser

Baths are still vastly Superior, imo. But the increased speed will at least give late game players something to think about. Such as whether or not the speed boost is worth it if they have LS cities farther away from the front lines, or whether or not the ripping power of a few extra LS make up for the difference in time.

There is no reason not to increase it. No other technologies suffer with it being upgraded, it just gives players something to think about.

DeletedUser33462

I like it but baths is better.

Increasing the speed is prob the way to make it more attractive.

I currently have around 15% of my cities with Lighthouse (ones that are far away from the frontlines, or Cs polis)

Thane Badger

Phrourach
I've built lighthouses to gain critical speed for a critical conquest and then later on demolished it.

It's not always a case of one thing or another..

DeletedUser

I think a larger speed increase will be needed and also it might pay to make it help the navy slight more. maybe a 5% boost on fighting stats or something. also it should allow players to recall attacks at any time, not just before 10 minutes. that would make it much more useful in frontline cities where thousands of ls's are sent to siege breaks and then players have to wait for their ls's to reach there and still go back.

DeletedUser29987

I think this is a great idea, most people generally go for the thermal baths and this will change that somewhat.

However, it'll mostly be used for far away cities, that aren't at the front lines and don't need the thermal baths as much, so it'll be used more in late game as the world expands in my opinion.

Though, with war council and now lighthouse buffed, a offencive naval city is that much more deadly.

DeletedUser

Why not reduce the population taken by the lighthouse from 60 to 10, or is there a reason ALL special buildings use population space of 60? Could be included as an additional (rebalancing) to the increased speed proposed.