login issues via facebook

DeletedUser3393

I cant seem to login via facebook on Delphi anymore.

I click the connect with fb button. but nothing happens!

DeletedUser

I have this problem on basicly the entire login page... seems like it wont registrate me being logged into facebook, and the "connect with facebook" icon, simply doesnt work what so ever.

DeletedUser

Asth... I have... this isnt my first browser game, i know all about the clearing cache, soft+hard refreshes, cookies and so on...
this problem only started last night, and its the entire front page that screws up... the Facebook Icon you click on doesnt work its just a simple image nothing else = not on our side - but the page it self.

Edited part:
And if i might add, this has been tested from 2 users, at the household, and people from other countries who are in the same alliances on differant servers.

Facebook login = Crashed

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Facebook login crash

Asth... I have... this isnt my first browser game, i know all about the clearing cache, soft+hard refreshes, cookies and so on...
this problem only started last night, and its the entire front page that screws up... the Facebook Icon you click on doesnt work its just a simple image nothing else = not on our side - but the page it self.

Edited part:
And if i might add, this has been tested from 2 users, at the household, and people from other countries who are in the same alliances on differant servers.

Facebook login = Crashed

The same problem with me!! site admin, where are you??:pro:

DeletedUser14577

i can log into my other worlds, but ETA is not loading

DeletedUser

Kdahlb... theres not a problem with the normal username / password login, its the facebook one thats corrupted... seems like they have done an update on the frontpage and removed the entire facebook login from there.

DeletedUser

seems the maintainence they performed, or are performing has botched my log in directly from the Grepo home screen into Corinth World

My screen just freezes up upon log in :/

DeletedUser21784

Same problem here. I normally use Google Chrome. Thought it might be a browser issue and tried Firefox. FF alerts an invalid certificate, "sec_error_unknown_issuer". Maybe the site has been hacked?

DeletedUser

Facebook recently switched to the OAuth 2.0 standard.

The FB Connect feature on this site uses the JS call FB.getSession to check to see if there is a FB connection in the users browser session. This method is now deprecated.

They need to update the login page with the OAuth 2.0 method FB.getLoginStatus

DeletedUser

I only suggested clearing cache because it solves 99% of the problems, and lack of format means I don't know what steps were already taken.

We'll look further into the issue. I personally don't know much about Facebook being used to login and the problems that occur with it but I'll investigate it.

Does it work fine if you try to login from the normal Grepolis site?

DeletedUser

@Asth

To see this error, use Chrome.

Click the FB connect icon on the login screen, then open the Dev Tool window (SHIFT+CRTL+I).

In the bottom right of of the Window you will see an error indicator with at least 1 error. Click the console Tab at the top and you will see the error "Uncaught Error: FB.getSession incompatible with OAuth2."

I just had to do this with about a dozen apps with FB connect on them.

DeletedUser

Someone else will have to verify this as I do not use, or intend to use, facebook. However, I'm sure that this is already a known issue and is currently being worked on.

However, can you still login if you don't click the connection with facebook and just click login?

DeletedUser

@Asth

You don't need a FB account to reproduce the error.

Also, if a user is using FB connect to login, it means that they used FB connect to register as well, so, no, they cannot login via regular login controls.

DeletedUser

Correct, it is not possible for me to log in what so ever right now, and as it seems several other people are having the same issues, should be a priority fix considering the amount of time + money people are losing on this because ->

They are not able to defend their cities, and i bet Inno isnt gonna do a roleback for thos players.

HOT FIX ASAP. Yes thanks and go for it now :s

Richard

Strategos
This issue has been reported to the developers, and we hope to have it fixed ASAP.

As a temporary solution, we can manually change the email address on a players account, which they can then reset, allowing them access via the normal homepage, but not the Facebook link. This will most likely mean you can not login from Facebook anymore, but it will at least allow you to play whilst we fix the issues.

Any players wishing to follow this method, please submit a ticket to support and ask to be referred to a senior ingame mod, who will implement the fix.

As I say, it is totally your choice, cos it will stop you being able to use Facebook login.

DeletedUser

To add to this:
To avoid having to deal with a low end mod like myself, tag your tickets as Premium. This will speed up the process.

DeletedUser

This would all be a lovely solution...
But... the fact is to send a gaming ticket you need to log in with your account name, and that is still not possible cause of the fact - some of us are still using facebook logins and do not have a username / password connected to our profiles :)

so the support ticket = is out of the question (;