LoL > Vendetta

• Thread starter Venomvine The Warped
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Now that LoL merged into Vendetta (I never knew that until people told me), will Vendetta turn into a "Bad alliance" because they have just got alot of noob members from LoL? Write what you think.

DeletedUser25133

it all depends on if the older members that know what they are doing take time and help the new ones for the good of the alliance rather than just going gung ho on its own game

alot of alliances crumble as the main players look after themselves rather than looking out for the newbies

DeletedUser

They've got some decent players, but they struggle to co-ordinate attacks sometimes :)

DeletedUser

A good alliance doesn't keep "new" players to begin with..)

DeletedUser

They are going to struggle for a while that's for sure, unless they get rid off the really bad players.

Link of time

Phrourach
Aye, and time catches up with us. We will be disbanding soon.
But not because of noob players. LC showed a lack of effort.

DeletedUser

The attitude of elitism and disrespect of new players is sophomoric. It is grade school playground stuff, and if unchecked results in an unattractive product, less revenue for innogames, and dead worlds. Just my opinion. No disrespect for the posters as people, just for what they sometimes post.

If you read the forums as a new player, why would you even stay. Clearly you are unwelcome and will be hazed. If you form a team to try to compete, you are demonized as an MRA, even though many newly formed teams perform very well in reality.

DeletedUser

Regardless of my attitude.. the fact remains that keeping new players around won't benefit an alliance.)

DeletedUser

Regardless of my attitude.. the fact remains that keeping new players around won't benefit an alliance.)

I respectfully disagree. Some of my lowest performing and slower learning team members are still plugging away and quite decent players Now on marathon, while many of the best players have retired. If you really want to get to ww phase, I recommend a steady effort on recruiting, morale maintenance, player training and development and establishing a culture of mutual trust and support. This takes time and play skills, as wonderful as they are at a the start, need staying power for the long game. Hard work, I agree. Are new players often disruptive or trouble too, I agree there as well.

I guess it depends on your strategy. A rim alliance may want to go my way, while one starting in the center may not be able to support the drain of poor players. A good debate topic though.

But anyway, if we don't welcome new players and encourage them to keep playing, perhaps restarting on a new world, we are doing the community a disservice.

DeletedUser

I respectfully disagree. Some of my lowest performing and slower learning team members are still plugging away and quite decent players Now on marathon, while many of the best players have retired. If you really want to get to ww phase, I recommend a steady effort on recruiting, morale maintenance, player training and development and establishing a culture of mutual trust and support. This takes time and play skills, as wonderful as they are at a the start, need staying power for the long game. Hard work, I agree. Are new players often disruptive or trouble too, I agree there as well.

I guess it depends on your strategy. A rim alliance may want to go my way, while one starting in the center may not be able to support the drain of poor players. A good debate topic though.

But anyway, if we don't welcome new players and encourage them to keep playing, perhaps restarting on a new world, we are doing the community a disservice.

Excellent comments that touch on the goals and objectives of an alliance. Certainly, I think the worst fools are those that know how to play, yet lose battles, or even wars, through not using that knowledge in the right way at the right time.

But mistakes happen - even to the best of us.

Most irritating (from mild to extremely so):

1. Those who don't know how to play, and are slow to learn
2. Those who know how to play, yet persist in being lazy (in an alliance!)
3. Those that know how to play, still stuff up for some reason, but still think the sun shines out of their own orifice

DeletedUser

I was lucky enough as a noob to be invited into a very well organised alliance, they helped me learn, I put effort in and eventually I'd conquered 4 cities (2 on my own) and had been given a position of leadership within the alliance. Help new players, they could be a master tactician, always take in new opportunities, if you don't try you'll never succeed.

DeletedUser

I'm not interested in past experience. Only looking for those that are showing result.