Maelstrom defeated!

DeletedUser

Maelstrom has disbanded. The members have gone mostly to TU, but also to a few other alliances. I don't know the full details of this, but the way I see it, this is a big success for Alpha and DF!

Edit: And d3TH. I didn't know they were still around. lol. Yay. 3 cheers for d3th!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You fool, it was a planned and organized merge between TU and Mael.

DeletedUser

Maelstrom has disbanded. The members have gone mostly to TU, but also to a few other alliances. I don't know the full details of this, but the way I see it, this is a big success for Alpha and DF!

Edit: And d3TH. I didn't know they were still around. lol. Yay. 3 cheers for d3th!

I said I didn't know the full details of it. No need to call me a fool. You should read before you post.

DeletedUser

I know it, but anyway without knowing the full details of it you still go of and post something like this in the external forums.
Do you homework, and BTW stop sending me childish messages in-game like the last one..

DeletedUser

lol. Childish.

What do you mean by "something like this"? I was simply stating that Maelstrom has disbanded, for those who haven't noticed.

DeletedUser

D3th does not exist, the people who are still in that alliance pose no thread. They are still around becouse BS has other plans now.

DeletedUser

D3TH is done, although they have put up a pretty good fight.
I was friends with r3dfox82, and I feel sorry for him.

DeletedUser

I'm proud to say that I fought in the battle against maelstrom.
Although I now have to change my location, it's no longer mael territory.

DeletedUser

Haha defeated, now that we are coordinating with more players hows that working out for Spiller? What was it he lost 6 cities in 2 days? By attacking what you considered the weaker enemy and the easier target, you have made the enemy you feared even stronger. Great work and fantastic strategic planning, making the enemy stronger and more coordinated. Let me know how that works out for you mate ;)

DeletedUser

I'm so giddy right now. Tu#1. :"o Woot!

You guys ever look at the auto-update maps? I haven't looked at them yet. I was waiting.
:]

DeletedUser

I love how u think u defeated mael lol. U didn't tactical merge between TU and mael. And while ur talking how u defeated them on here we are taking ur cities like crazy in the game lol

DeletedUser20489

The only citys that were taken were inactive players and those that were in other oceans. i mean yes Mael citys were taken but no one ran into the real players of the alliance.But you get to meet us now

DeletedUser

Ah, Rush. Would you mind repeating your statement? I couldn't hear it over you taking a city from a lowly rim alliance. Or was it another ghost town?

I am also curious to see what the maps look like. There has been some significant changes in the last week.

And regarding not attacking the "real" players, didn't your very own Valheru say in a previous post that conquests should be done for strategical and positional advantage? Forgive me for not having the original quote handy.

Even though the southern Mael players were not key members of their alliance, they did have many cities that could prove beneficial to the overall strategy.

DeletedUser

Over all strategy? You mean the lets run away plan? True they were further south and further away from TU, there is no arguing with that.

DeletedUser

be done for strategical and positional advantage? .

But Alpha doesn't do that. Sure the cities may be more strategic then their current cities, but that isn't the factors that lead them to choose those cities. It's the inactivity.

DeletedUser

Are you so sure about that statement, Bli? For the record, I'm not calling you a liar. Perhaps a little mis-informed.

Korneliou
formerly of Maelstrom, currently a member of The Unit

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en15/player/1631581

Based on his grepostats history, he is a fairly active. He logs in everyday, upgrades his cities, has attacked a few players. All in all a decent player. We are not here to judge whether he is a strong player, only that he is active.

Now, in reference to his colonization page, it would appear that he has lost 8 cities in the last week, all to an Alpha alliance. Not a terrible thing, it happens to players one time or another.

The point of this is that an active player from Maelstrom lost 8 cities to Alpha. (Please don't insult Maelstrom or it's players, they don't deserve it).

And might I add that some of the players that conquered those cities are based in O57. Strategically speaking, by taking these cities, those players are now closer to the front lines, not farther away. That would lead one to believe that some Alpha members are acting in a way contrary to your beliefs that they are all running scared.

DeletedUser

Then I will add to my statement.

It's the size of the player that determined he be targetted. At his peak Korn was 100k point.

City one was lost to Enigma seeker, 247K.
#2 Harak 250k
#3 Mikanos 64k
#4 Harak
#5 fregall 198k
#6 Harak
#7 Hamwise 340k
#8 Harak

Compare the players and only one is less active then Korn based on points.

Also, Korn is in 067/66, since when is that the front lines? It's another weaker player in the 066 area. See the thing is. I've argued with every player from Alpha that comes on to these forums. Everytime I have to go over the same points I've already made. So forgiv me, I don't go into as much depth as before because I could simply quote an old post of mine and present the same case.

Alpha has two strategies, weak, and inactive. Although in this case it was less-active. Pretty much like I said it'll come down to activity.

Also, points mean nothing as far as activity. It's ABP that I use because how long does it take to set a building que? Compared to how long it takes to establish an offensive army and coordinate assualts with the intention of taking a city. So add cities to the activity check list aswell.

Like I've said before. When Alpha attacks someone like me, then you can justify your poor tactics.

DeletedUser

Darkstalker, think about his possition.
I was one of the players who had planned that major attack, and he was over 16 hours away with support.
Practically, he didn't stand a chance.
Somehow, after me leaving O57 came to life, and now I've already have over 100 attacks and gained over 50000 DBP..

It was his position that made him lose all those cities.
Also, the northern players of Alpha are not half as cooperative, precise, and supportive as the southern players.
I can know, I've led most of them;)

DeletedUser

So, Bli, what you are saying is that a player with lower points is less active, and therefore, a weaker player? By that same standard, the almighty Murtius and yourself would then be deemed weaker and less active than, oh, let's say Spiller, since Spiller has double the points.

But if points mean nothing, why use them for comparison? You can't have it both ways.

Seeing as the front lines for Alpha run along the O55/O56 border, as well as in O66, for a player in O57, cities in O66 would be much closer to the front lines. I didn't say that ALL of the players involved were moving closer to the front lines with those conquests, I only said that some of the players were moving closer.

Oh, and before you start using Alpha as an example of larger players picking on smaller ones, maybe you want to look at some of you own within The Unit. I believe Rush the Conqueror and Nisam Svoj. have recently taken cities from a lowly Armageddon player. But The Unit isn't held to the same standards as the rest of us, now are they?